Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

donut88

Reaction score
seems like the concern for vpost is not about prices

after a brief observation, i think the shipping charges are all about the same. It's all depends on what credit card you have, and you just go for the best promo.

The next question is the reliability of the shipping. This one can be quite subjective too. Definitely there will be some lapse in customer service and shipping.

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
My package from CGW just came in! Was express shipping after free UOB upgrade. I think its just as fast as sglords standard shipping from his image 16 pages back :s13: conclusion : maybe standard and express difference not alot and probably not worth the extra few dollars either :s12:
Untitled_zps42ed6f20.png

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

with the new standard charted singpost card, would it be cheaper for Vpost ? or CGW still better ?

Definitely. vpost is already cheaper to use than CGW even without that card.

Expect much poorer service quality though for vpost; especially if you do encounter problems along the way.

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from SC web here

Discounts at vPOST*
$20 Off First Shipment (for the first 100 new vPOST customers every month)
15% Off Subsequent Shipments
50% Off Repacking Service Fee
Shipment discounts are valid only for USA, Europe, Japan shipments.

Discounts at SingPost*
15% off Speedpost EMS (Package) Published Rates
5% off SmartPac (minimum 3 pieces)
25% off Self Storage Solutions
10% off Thematic MyStamp collections and Premium Gifts
Speedpost discount not valid for payment of SaverPac Prepaid rates, EMS SaverBox rates, and fuel surcharges. Self Storage Solutions discount is only applicable to the payment of rental charges.

I never used vPost before so i dunno how cheap is cheap :s13:

Bookmarked for reference.....should have check here before choosing my courier services.....

Iwillbeback

Reaction score
In UK, the VAT (their version of GST) is at 20% and is charged to all purchases that are sent to vPostEurope address. As the items are eventually meant for export to Singapore, technically, the VAT should be refunded.

Does vpost/borderlinx handle this refund of UK VAT? Any bros here experience this before? Please help.

donut88

Reaction score
In UK, the VAT (their version of GST) is at 20% and is charged to all purchases that are sent to vPostEurope address. As the items are eventually meant for export to Singapore, technically, the VAT should be refunded.

Does vpost/borderlinx handle this refund of UK VAT? Any bros here experience this before? Please help.

It's not considered as export to SG coz your delivery address is UK local address given to you. It's a local purchase technically, just like any local Brit would order online and delivery to his home address.

The shipping company is like a UK friend you got there. Your purchase is send to his home address and he helping you by shipping it to SG.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any coupon code for DBS debit with cgw? Definitely recommend cgw to first timer like me cuz cgw order is simple and fast.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
anyone noticed bl now offer free packaging? anyone tried? i wana order waterpik from amazon but worried abt box size
oh BL, they really sucks lah send email on 22.09 say try them again n give me a coupon for my other acc... the thing is, coupon till end of sept. they r really v good at customer service.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suddenly i wonder how comgateway knows that package delivered to them, say from amazon, was mine :s22:

perhaps each user's delivery address is dfferent ba

17146 NE Sandy Blvd
c/o SGW-XXXX
Portland, OREGON 97230
Tel: 503-914-6317

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suddenly i wonder how comgateway knows that package delivered to them, say from amazon, was mine :s22:

perhaps each user's delivery address is dfferent ba

17146 NE Sandy Blvd
c/o SGW-XXXX
Portland, OREGON 97230
Tel: 503-914-6317

genius.jpg

H.sHon

Reaction score
Hi people is hopshopgo the cheapest 1 out there? would like to ship shoes here but the webby there nvr say abt the package dimension so i assume they charge by weight? No fuel fee oso better than Vpost?:)

laaaal

Reaction score
Hi people is hopshopgo the cheapest 1 out there? would like to ship shoes here but the webby there nvr say abt the package dimension so i assume they charge by weight? No fuel fee oso better than Vpost?:)

hopshopgo also ship via DHL. So the chargeable will depend on whether which one is heavier, the package item weight or the volumetric weight (dimension of the package).

Prepare to shock by the volumetric weight

H.sHon

Reaction score
hopshopgo also ship via DHL. So the chargeable will depend on whether which one is heavier, the package item weight or the volumetric weight (dimension of the package).

Prepare to shock by the volumetric weight

Hahah usually my frens will ship tgt with me via Vpost. So was thinking a pair of shoes would hope that it is not expensive for shipment of shoes anyone have experience?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nope; vpost is still the cheapest, all things considered.

All 3 known freight forwarders charge by volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher.

All 3 known freight forwarders also charge you the fuel surcharge, which is dynamic.

Hahah usually my frens will ship tgt with me via Vpost. So was thinking a pair of shoes would hope that it is not expensive for shipment of shoes anyone have experience?

Shoes are not that cheap to ship unless your merchant could do away with the shoe box, which is unlikely. Be prepared that you would have to dish out at least 25 SGD (everything included) to ship the shoes alone.

expositox

Reaction score
Nope; vpost is still the cheapest, all things considered.

Cheapest, also the most unreliable.

Unless you're the few lucky ones that get your items shipped on time/ delivered to your house.

Its all down to personal preference, really.

Comgateway's name sounds professional therefore it appealed to me :p

guess890

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i could contribute to this thread, last 12 months i have shipped approx. 30+ shipments.
first half use Vpost second half hopshopgo/CGW. tried borderlinx once

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches them b4 friday. they ship weekly from US on friday, unsure if they have changed this system as i havnt use their service for sometime
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD
  • repacking option sometimes available but costs either 3 or 5 USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after package in SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insurance inclusive in shipping cost
  • Typical Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) CINCINNATI HUB --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends, lately shipment doesnt move on Sunday) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    pay on friday deliver on next thurs
    pay on mon deliver thurs / friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up and package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL normal / padded envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.