Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

H.sHon

Reaction score
Nope; vpost is still the cheapest, all things considered.

All 3 known freight forwarders charge by volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher.

All 3 known freight forwarders also charge you the fuel surcharge, which is dynamic.

Shoes are not that cheap to ship unless your merchant could do away with the shoe box, which is unlikely. Be prepared that you would have to dish out at least 25 SGD (everything included) to ship the shoes alone.

Yea there's a option for that. Ohdear i dint knw shipping would go up so high. Anyway i think still cheaper than SG HAHAHA

H.sHon

Reaction score
i could contribute to this thread, last 9 months i have shipped approx. 30 shipments.
first half use Vpost second half hopshopgo/CGW. just paid for a borderlinx shipment, that marks my first.
Below are my observations

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches b4 friday. they ship weekly on friday, unsure if they have changed this system havnt used in a few months
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after they reach SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insuranace inclusive in shipping cost
  • Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) OH --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    pay on friday deliver on thurs
    pay on mon deliver friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing

woah thx it helps a lot =)

expositox

Reaction score
Because radio and communications devices are controlled item in sg then idk if can ship. If shipped then stopped at customs how ah?

Return back to sender (vPost/CGW/BLx), then ask FForwarder to return back to seller, no choice :(

Anyway, I have a CGW Prime Account that I'm willing to share, I won't be using it in the future. If you don't mind all the trouble, you can have it. When they email me, I'll forward it to you.

Prime Rewards: up to 15% disc on shipping, no consolidation fees, reduced repacking fees, reduced buyforme fees, additional free storage extended to 60 days.

PM me only if you really need it, or else I suggest you save all the trouble. Better off creating a new one.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In Singapore its illegal to own a radio scanner. If I recall correctly, there is a fine of $10,000 and up to three years in prison, or both.

It's more likely that any forwarding service will refuse to ship it to your Singapore address. However, if they do, it'll probably be impounded at Customs, and won't be returned to the sender. Someone else more knowledgeable can probably advise if you may also be charged for attempting to import an illegal item.

From Telecommunications Act (CHAPTER 323):

Part IV OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
Prohibitions in respect of telecommunication and radio- communication equipment 34.

—(1) No person shall —
(b)possess any radio-communication equipment, except and in accordance with a licence granted under section 5 or any regulations made under this Act.
(2) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.
General penalties
65. Any person guilty of an offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder for which no penalty is expressly provided shall, in addition to the forfeiture of any article seized, be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

If you didn't already know, all Police, SCDF, and Ambulances, have switched over to the TETRA Trunked Radio System, which is encrypted, and impossible to listen into. Similarly, mobile phones here use GSM, which is also encrypted so it's not possible to listen in to them either.

Last edited:

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
In Singapore its illegal to own a radio scanner. If I recall correctly, there is a fine of $10,000 and up to three years in prison, or both.

It's more likely that any forwarding service will refuse to ship it to your Singapore address. However, if they do, it'll probably be impounded at Customs, and won't be returned to the sender. Someone else more knowledgeable can probably advise if you may also be charged for attempting to import an illegal item.

From Telecommunications Act (CHAPTER 323):

Part IV OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
Prohibitions in respect of telecommunication and radio- communication equipment 34.

—(1) No person shall —
(b)possess any radio-communication equipment, except and in accordance with a licence granted under section 5 or any regulations made under this Act.
(2) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.
General penalties
65. Any person guilty of an offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder for which no penalty is expressly provided shall, in addition to the forfeiture of any article seized, be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

If you didn't already know, all Police, SCDF, and Ambulances, have switched over to the TETRA Trunked Radio System, which is encrypted, and impossible to listen into. Similarly, mobile phones here use GSM, which is also encrypted so it's not possible to listen in to them either.

Return back to sender (vPost/CGW/BLx), then ask FForwarder to return back to seller, no choice :(

Anyway, I have a CGW Prime Account that I'm willing to share, I won't be using it in the future. If you don't mind all the trouble, you can have it. When they email me, I'll forward it to you.

Prime Rewards: up to 15% disc on shipping, no consolidation fees, reduced repacking fees, reduced buyforme fees, additional free storage extended to 60 days.

PM me only if you really need it, or else I suggest you save all the trouble. Better off creating a new one.

Woah, so jiatlat ? Nah, I'm not interested in tuning into those police or scdf radios or gsm phones. :s8: Wanna tune into something else ;)

But if thats the case, then i rather not take the risk already..

rebornsoul

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any comgateway discount codes that they're not using? Shipping alot of stuffs over and need a code

Thanks!

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah, so jiatlat ? Nah, I'm not interested in tuning into those police or scdf radios or gsm phones. :s8: Wanna tune into something else ;)

But if thats the case, then i rather not take the risk already..
Unless 'something else' is intended for you (or for general information), it'd be illegal for you to listen (intercept or acquaint) to it. That'd probably be considered another offence ($10,000 fine and/or three years jail).

From Telecommunications (Radio-communication) Regulations:
Secrecy 68.
—(1) Except as may be provided by section 42(2) of the Act, no person shall intercept or acquaint himself with the contents of any radio-communication other than those transmitted for general information or for the information of licensees belonging to the same licensed network.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations or by the conditions of a licence granted under these Regulations, every person having access to radio-communications shall hold strictly secret all radio-communications, other than those transmitted for general information, which may pass through his hands or come to his knowledge.
(3) Every person referred to in paragraph (2) shall not —
(a) directly or indirectly, disclose the contents of the radio-communications referred to in that paragraph except to a person entitled to become acquainted with the radio-communications or to an authorised officer or to a court; or
(b) make any other use of such radio-communications.
(4) No person having unauthorised access to radio-communications shall print or publish or cause to be printed or published in any newspaper, pamphlet, book or document, any radio-communication that may pass through his hands or come to his knowledge, whether such radio-communication is for private or general reception.
Offence 78.
Any person who —
(a) contravenes regulation 24, 31, 32, 33, 35(2), 36, 54, 56(2), 57, 63(1), (2) or (3), 64, 67, 68, 69 or 70; or
(b) contravenes any direction or notice of the Authority issued under regulation 74,
shall be guilty of an offence.

Last edited:

ahbui83

Reaction score
i could contribute to this thread, last 9 months i have shipped approx. 30 shipments.
first half use Vpost second half hopshopgo/CGW. just paid for a borderlinx shipment, that marks my first.
Below are my observations

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches b4 friday. they ship weekly on friday, unsure if they have changed this system havnt used in a few months
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after they reach SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insuranace inclusive in shipping cost
  • Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) CINCINNATI HUB --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

pay on friday deliver on thurs
    pay on mon deliver friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing

ehhh your info is wrong.
vpost has been always shipping out daily from US and not once weekly. Last 2 or 3 year its already been shipping out daily . So normally what i do. I alway pay on thur then following tue or wed. I will receive it.

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Unless 'something else' is intended for you (or for general information), it'd be illegal for you to listen (intercept or acquaint) to it. That'd probably be considered another offence ($10,000 fine and/or three years jail).

From Telecommunications (Radio-communication) Regulations:
Secrecy 68.
—(1) Except as may be provided by section 42(2) of the Act, no person shall intercept or acquaint himself with the contents of any radio-communication other than those transmitted for general information or for the information of licensees belonging to the same licensed network.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations or by the conditions of a licence granted under these Regulations, every person having access to radio-communications shall hold strictly secret all radio-communications, other than those transmitted for general information, which may pass through his hands or come to his knowledge.
(3) Every person referred to in paragraph (2) shall not —
(a) directly or indirectly, disclose the contents of the radio-communications referred to in that paragraph except to a person entitled to become acquainted with the radio-communications or to an authorised officer or to a court; or
(b) make any other use of such radio-communications.
(4) No person having unauthorised access to radio-communications shall print or publish or cause to be printed or published in any newspaper, pamphlet, book or document, any radio-communication that may pass through his hands or come to his knowledge, whether such radio-communication is for private or general reception.
Offence 78.
Any person who —
(a) contravenes regulation 24, 31, 32, 33, 35(2), 36, 54, 56(2), 57, 63(1), (2) or (3), 64, 67, 68, 69 or 70; or
(b) contravenes any direction or notice of the Authority issued under regulation 74,
shall be guilty of an offence.

woah.............:eek:

you study law ah ? So informative haha :s13: :o

vommxx

Reaction score
WHY ?

It seems borderlinx need to pay the payment to shipping on Singapore by citibank card was issued in Singapore only.

Everyone know other shipping still be the same?

Please let me know :s13:

eviltoy

Reaction score
Hi, i tried entering my cgw address onto the website i'm getting some stuffs from and theres a -5011 behind my postal code. On cgw page it's supposes to be Portland, OR 97230 but when i enter the postal code into the field on the address page book on my site i'm looking to get things from it appears to be Portland, OR 97230-5011. Cannot remove 5011 leh :O

Anybody knows why?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, i tried entering my cgw address onto the website i'm getting some stuffs from and theres a -5011 behind my postal code. On cgw page it's supposes to be Portland, OR 97230 but when i enter the postal code into the field on the address page book on my site i'm looking to get things from it appears to be Portland, OR 97230-5011. Cannot remove 5011 leh :O

Anybody knows why?

Nothing to be alarmed about, read the ZIP+4 section.
ZIP code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

techblur

Reaction score
Rant

I am seriously thinking of not using vP**T for my nxt US purchases. I simply refuse to think that I need to constantly worry and think abt my packages whenever I use a forwarder's service.

Recent Bad experiences (All in year 2012):

1) The postman might just drop yr packages outside your door upon non-delivery. Luckily, I have not lost any of them due to theft or other malicious attempts.

2) Their tracking can be useless and unreliable. (eg. an email arrived informing me that I cld collect my packages at a certain post office and I went down to collect 2 days later and my packages were not there).

I have printed evidence, which I can't attach in this post.

Rgds,

Last edited:

exdeejay

Reaction score
hopshopgo also ship via DHL. So the chargeable will depend on whether which one is heavier, the package item weight or the volumetric weight (dimension of the package).

Prepare to shock by the volumetric weight

Hahaha, outrageous charges + in USD, and contact live chat is the most useless thing you will ever experience with cs said things like they follow international standard bla bla bla, you will also shocked by volumetric dimension to your disadvantage even though its printed on the box.

I recently bought from iherb, costed me only 10USD for 4.5 kg shipping, imagine how much forwarder make your money.

Plus shipping charges that you paid on website doesn't reflect the charges that comes along with your package for e.g I paid 40-50USD but on shipping invoice comes with package only stated 10+USD. What a joke.

Triffid

Reaction score
Another question about vPost and GST:

So according to other posts here, if we have 2 packages delivered to vPost where each CIF is under SGD 400, we don't have to pay GST if we consolidate even if the combined value is more than SGD 400.

What happens if one package has CIF of over SGD 400 and the other has less? If we consolidate do we pay GST on both or just the items that have CIF > SGD400?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.