****** OFFICIAL SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 THREAD ******

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced vertical line defects on the screen? Samsung service centre quoted exorbitant repair fee of $350. Is those ah beng shop cheaper to repair?

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced vertical line defects on the screen? Samsung service centre quoted exorbitant repair fee of $350. Is those ah beng shop cheaper to repair?

It cost about usd100 for non-edge whole screen assembly from aliexpress. Cheaper in taobao if they sells it.

I'd expect about sgd200 from ah beng shop.

It's best if you know how to open it.

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i update the firmware recently , now battery very jialiat. did a factory reset also same. left it overnite do nothing when i sleep, wake up 10% battery life gone.

any tips?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i update the firmware recently , now battery very jialiat. did a factory reset also same. left it overnite do nothing when i sleep, wake up 10% battery life gone.

any tips?

Hi, to preserve battery do set your wifi to only be Keep on when you are on a charger. You can do this in WiFi settings and set Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep to "Only when Plugged in"

You can also disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning for location, under GPS/Location setting there should be an advanced menu for Scanning from there disable both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Location scanning so it would stop using these mediums for location even when these radios are 'off'

Lastly, you might want to check if Location reporting is activated for your device, it is known to use a lot more battery to report location periodically.

Give that a shot

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

any tips?

My experience is slightly difference.

I off data before I go to bed. But when I switch on data the next morning, the battery life depletes 10% pretty fast; like within 5min. After that then it is back to normal.

Definitely due to the new firmware.

jaykay11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few days, the camera app freeze/hang after taking a picture and the "review picture" popped up (I had "review pictures" option enabled.). Think I had another app running in the background (can't remember what app). Phone totally unresponsive, then it auto rebooted.
After that it did not happen again and I could not duplicate the problem. Never encountered this in earlier android versions either.

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
Any bros done battery replacement for your s6?

Feeling my phone battery life degraded to quite bad state.....like half a day only.

skystopper

Reaction score
I just received a new software update notification for my S6 this morning.
Version G920IDVU4FRD1/G920IOLC4FRD3/G920IDVU4FRCA
Size: 612.83 MB
Quite a huge update, have anyone tried this update yet? Didn't expect that there's still an update for S6.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received a new software update notification for my S6 this morning.
Version G920IDVU4FRD1/G920IOLC4FRD3/G920IDVU4FRCA
Size: 612.83 MB
Quite a huge update, have anyone tried this update yet? Didn't expect that there's still an update for S6.

Wah, i doubt it's a firmware update. Maybe it's to update your skin to the Grace UX and security update?

skystopper

Reaction score
Wah, i doubt it's a firmware update. Maybe it's to update your skin to the Grace UX and security update?

The update was just released on 23 Jul 2018, according to sammobile. Definitely a security patch update. The only other difference that I could spot so far was a change in the font used for the clock widget. Quite surprised for Samsung to release a firmware update (security patch) for a device so late into its 'life'.

120p9i1.jpg

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s6/SM-G920I/

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The update was just released on 23 Jul 2018, according to sammobile. Definitely a security patch update. The only other difference that I could spot so far was a change in the font used for the clock widget. Quite surprised for Samsung to release a firmware update (security patch) for a device so late into its 'life'.

120p9i1.jpg

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s6/SM-G920I/

Actually not really surprise. That time i received a Note 3 update after it's done with the 2 major updates. It really helped with battery life and RAM. I'm using Note 5 and hoping they'll update it to the new Grace UX cos it looks quite good.

kennethtbh

Reaction score
s6 here too. dunno what new hp to get. thinking not too spend too much on flagship models anymore.. lol

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
s6 here too. dunno what new hp to get. thinking not too spend too much on flagship models anymore.. lol

a flagship now is super overprice, most flagship shouldnt be more than 1000sgd in the first place, note 9 is actually strong, but no way worth 1700+

on side note, get mi8 or mishark

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.