Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #31

wait for iPhone 5
omnilancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #32

Quadcore Samsung Galaxy S3 still said to be laggy | WMPoweruser

Sad, Android should really work on their speeds.
My god, I can't tell whether cultofmac or that WMPoweruser site is worse. I've seen a fair share of horrible Android fanboys, but the comments in wmpoweruser screams of fanboys refusing to admit that problems exist in Windows Phone.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quadcore Samsung Galaxy S3 still said to be laggy | WMPoweruser

Sad, Android should really work on their speeds.
Orlly? I rem some "smoke by WP" competition tio smoke by Galaxy Nexus, an Android device...
theory_87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #34

Apologies. Perhaps I should have linked to WMPoweruser's source instead, since that's not a "wp site". I wanted to get to the point quickly.

In WP7's SmokedByWindowsPhone campaign, the percentage wins is approximately 98%. While some of the tests might be unfair, it certainly does show that for the most part, WP7 does accomplish tasks faster.

On topic, I'll wait for Samsung's rumored Windows Phone 8 coming later this year.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #35

Was at a Singtel Store enquiring about my contract renewal options.

Chatted with the sales person and asked why he kept recommending Android phones and I pointed to the Nokia Display. He said the Windows Phones are good for basic phone and sms usage, android has loads of apps and is much better.

Personally I am impressed with Window Phone responsiveness but in terms of uptake Windows Phones has a long road ahead
jq75 likes this.
bebopbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apologies. Perhaps I should have linked to WMPoweruser's source instead, since that's not a "wp site". I wanted to get to the point quickly.

In WP7's SmokedByWindowsPhone campaign, the percentage wins is approximately 98%. While some of the tests might be unfair, it certainly does show that for the most part, WP7 does accomplish tasks faster.

On topic, I'll wait for Samsung's rumored Windows Phone 8 coming later this year.
From what I see, all the smoked by WP campaign are talking about doing things faster. But is doing things faster more important than the capabilities of the OS / phone? I will take the latter. So what if one can tag and upload photos much faster, but ended up every uploaded photo making the mobile upload folder so messy? I will rather take my time uploading photos into their respective photo galleries.
kopi22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #37

From what I see, all the smoked by WP campaign are talking about doing things faster. But is doing things faster more important than the capabilities of the OS / phone? I will take the latter. So what if one can tag and upload photos much faster, but ended up every uploaded photo making the mobile upload folder so messy? I will rather take my time uploading photos into their respective photo galleries.
don't you guys know that the Smoked by Windows Phone campaign is rigged?

I Won The Windows Phone Challenge, But Lost “Just Because” | Skatter Tech
supremo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

WTF are the WPcrap fanboys doing here? We don't intrude into their space telling them how crappy WP7 is, do we?
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #39

Honestly I feel our Telco staff more or less use iPhones or Android devices instead of WP7 devices, so less popularity for WP7 in SG. Not to mention Digital Life somehow never reports about WP7. The number of apps does not equate to how useful a phone is, quality over quantity, always.

Microsoft strives to keep a high satisfaction level in its WP7 marketplace so all apps go through extremely tough certification before being allowed in.

WP7 is about picking up the phone and finishing whatever you want to do with as little time as possible. Sure this may impact users requiring more advanced features but that can be resolved with a little more time or a 3rd party app.

About SmokedByWindowsPhone, the Sahas Katta issue was one of the minor incidents and was resolved by Ben Rudolph from Microsoft. It was a big "competition", obviously some issues would surface.

Finally, I was under the impression I was posting in the Samsung User Group, not the Android user group.

Last edited by ReignOfComputer; 06-05-2012 at 07:52 PM..
ReignOfComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Honestly I feel our Telco staff more or less use iPhones or Android devices instead of WP7 devices, so less popularity for WP7 in SG. Not to mention Digital Life somehow never reports about WP7. The number of apps does not equate to how useful a phone is, quality over quantity, always.

Microsoft strives to keep a high satisfaction level in its WP7 marketplace so all apps go through extremely tough certification before being allowed in.

WP7 is about picking up the phone and finishing whatever you want to do with as little time as possible. Sure this may impact users requiring more advanced features but that can be resolved with a little more time or a 3rd party app.

Finally, I was under the impression I was posting in the Samsung User Group, not the Android user group.
Damn , this is a galaxy s3 thread which runs on Android .

Fug off wp fanboy
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #41
High Supremacy Member

Troll bait sighted.

What, the title of this thread not obvious enough?

Doesn't change anything, crap will still sell like crap.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #42

On-topic, I'll wait for the WP8 equivilant of the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Samsung Windows Phone 8 using the Galaxy S3 hardware? [Rumor] | Ubergizmo
ReignOfComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #43
Master Member

wa, samsung thread have wp vs android quarrel ah?

if MS had tweaked windows *mobile* to be like iphone, i would have begged for a windows phone. Instead MS chose to emulate the iphone 1st gen almost lock stock and barrel and as such brought along all the virtues and deficiencies of iphone circa 2007, not realizing that the industry has since moved on.

not surprisingly, the screen and responsiveness is excellent. just like the original iphone. (in fact, i think windows phone has the best screen responsiveness right now to me)

but other than that there really isn't much about wp. i mean, come on, they are even more rigid than apple. The way it has forced all models of wp to look and behave almost like clones. even the screen resolution can't vary much due the inflexibility.

hate to nitpick but even the name is poorly chosen. windows mobile would have been the better choice.

in fact if i am not mistaken, the chaps in charge of the platform at MS has been redeployed a few times isn't it?

Was at a Singtel Store enquiring about my contract renewal options.

Chatted with the sales person and asked why he kept recommending Android phones and I pointed to the Nokia Display. He said the Windows Phones are good for basic phone and sms usage, android has loads of apps and is much better.

Personally I am impressed with Window Phone responsiveness but in terms of uptake Windows Phones has a long road ahead
2. raymond18 92237644 bigtime asshole;
3. sghardware 92316837 (goes by Tommy and Peter)

[URL]http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3037469[/URL]

only self-collect cos many pranksters.

Galaxy S3 on CodecROM is like a motorola razr maxx! crazy batt life! [URL]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1834915[/URL]
tnatna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

On-topic, I'll wait for the WP8 equivilant of the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Samsung Windows Phone 8 using the Galaxy S3 hardware? [Rumor] | Ubergizmo
Continue waiting....it'll still run like the restricted POS that it is now and forever.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #45
Master Member

actually it is 'less popularity' of WP everywhere, not just in sg. But i don't think it is cos of our telco ppl not promoting it. I am sure they have tried and failed. Similarly, the ads for WP are pretty huge and extensive too i have to say but at the end of the day we consumers are stupid but not that stupid. and many techies probably have tried/explored WP but eventually found the platform wanting in many areas.

I think many of us slam apple for the iphone being 'stupid' but the truth is it is not stupid per se but restrictive and makes users feel stupid by not giving them control over the phone. But does apple do well as a phone/media consumption device? does it satisfy most users? yes and yes.

As for WP, it can't be said that many users have been satisfied otherwise the figures would not be dismal. At least many have not found it compelling enough to shift from ios/android to WP like the way many shifted from non-smart/symbian to ios/android years back. In fact, it has been one misstep after another for WP not to mention extremely slow and unimpressive updates. Perhaps someday it will improve to the point that it has a substantial marketshare but right now it has a lot of room for improvement to have any sort of headway.

And i think compared to android, apps and flexibility aside, WP has one huge liability and that is (i think) MS charges licensing fees for WP.

Honestly unless nokia and MS move faster, at the rate things are going, nokia shares will be dirt cheap and MS could well buy the company over.

If you asked me, Nokia would be in a better shape if it had leveraged on free android and its mfg strengths and come up with a phone to rival samsung.

2. raymond18 92237644 bigtime asshole;
3. sghardware 92316837 (goes by Tommy and Peter)

[URL]http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3037469[/URL]

only self-collect cos many pranksters.

Galaxy S3 on CodecROM is like a motorola razr maxx! crazy batt life! [URL]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1834915[/URL]

Last edited by tnatna; 07-05-2012 at 04:31 AM..
tnatna is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.