The Galaxy Note 3 thread, also stop asking me if it fits in pockets.

stu4rt86

Reaction score
Great phone with great features. But the battery life could be improved. About 10 hours max with medium to slightly heavy usage (30 minutes of 3D gaming, 20 minutes of simple gaming, 10 minutes of video, 1 hour of internet surfing, 45 minutes of S Pen stuff). I was kind of expecting better battery life.

Coming from an ex iphone 4s user.the battery life is damn good.my batt still more than 70% after 6 hours. If its iphone its probably 20% now with all the whatsapp messaging

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great phone with great features. But the battery life could be improved. About 10 hours max with medium to slightly heavy usage (30 minutes of 3D gaming, 20 minutes of simple gaming, 10 minutes of video, 1 hour of internet surfing, 45 minutes of S Pen stuff). I was kind of expecting better battery life.

how the battery life vs note 2?

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coming from an ex iphone 4s user.the battery life is damn good.my batt still more than 70% after 6 hours. If its iphone its probably 20% now with all the whatsapp messaging

yeah. iPhone battery is really horrible. switching to android was one of the best decisions I made.

my iPhone 5 would die on me after Lunch, my S4 would actually last me till 8pm when I get back home.

In fact I would say I use my S4 more heavily as my data consumption also shot up :s13:

Now onto Note... with more BATTERY ! :s12:

RequiemDK

Reaction score
anyone tried scrapbooking a youtube video? Doesnt work as advertised lol. it only screenshot the video

Found out that Google updated YouTube to break the scrapbook feature. If you revert YouTube to its stock for as it came with the note 3, it works. I guess we have to wait for Samsung to update scrapbook to be compatible with YouTube now.

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The good thing about iphone is the gps which i like. Which is why i'm still keeping my 4 as my running buddy haha. And of course a spare phone for reservist.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok cant seem to get Note 3 to see the 5Ghz band of my N router at home

Anyone experienced this?

suqicake

Reaction score
Hi

I am not sure if this has been discussed.
I just bought note 3 and download latest Kies3 to sync.

I realise I cant use the Kies3 to sync my contact and calendar.
in fact there is no sync tap at all.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

tankib

Reaction score
The good thing about iphone is the gps which i like. Which is why i'm still keeping my 4 as my running buddy haha. And of course a spare phone for reservist.

Interesting, what free apps (ios or android) allow GPS to track running route?

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think there is an app call zombie run, you will lose a lot of weight :s13:

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there anything we can do to conserve battery life? I have turned off bluetooth and wifi. Anything else I can do? Would turning off the vibrations each time I press a button help?

Also, for my email I have 3 accounts - Yahoo Mail, Gmail and office one using Exchange activesync. The first 2 don't appear to have option to push or turn off push. Exchange has the option so I chose NOT to push. However I still see notifications. Anyway to turn off? I believe this will save some battery life too?

some apps which are not essential to connect to 3g/4g, restrict background data to wifi.

email checks is another battery killer. if not important, set to every hour or more... and set the peak and off-peak hours.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1378116_597527813626414_2002586580_n.jpg

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi is there any way to get Camera as a lockscreen widget? tia~

you mean camera icon in the lock screen? in the settings.... under "lock screen". i mean for note 2:s13: note 3 should have it, too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.