The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to handle my colleague's Note 8. Compared to my Note 3, it's narrower and longer. I want to know when playing games that are in portrait mode, will it have black bars on top and below? Currently playing FFBE on my Note 3.

There is a setting you can tweak to enable Full Screen for apps.

Settings -> Display -> Full screen apps

Alternatively, when playing games, pull out the Game Launcher and there is an option for you to toggle Full Screen on or off. Take note toggling this will cause the game to restart and you will get full screen game.

Do note that this also depends on the ratio aspect of the game. You may or may not get the black bars when if full screen.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
PSA Alert!!! PSA Alert!!! PSA Alert!!!

New update for Note8

Version N950FXXU1AQI1/N950FOXM1AQHF/N950FXXU1AQHB
Size: 571.38MB

What's New

- Stability of Camera improved
- Stability of Wireless Charging improved
- Overall device performance improved

Is it everyone who have Note 8 will be notified in notification area? How to update?

lch920619x

Reaction score
If people want the officual samsung cases and charger, they can just go directly and buy from mobile shops. The pice from samsung are msrp but they actually cost less in shops. So why would they buy at 60?
Maybe 30 can

Haha thanks. You do have a point. It's worth different value for different ppl. Anyway it's sold to a gentleman here. Case closed.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought at singtel.
but im surprised why got starhub apps and etc inside

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to handle my colleague's Note 8. Compared to my Note 3, it's narrower and longer. I want to know when playing games that are in portrait mode, will it have black bars on top and below? Currently playing FFBE on my Note 3.

There should be black bars but you can't really notice it. There is a reason why they made the front screen black no matter which Note 8 colour variation you buy.
Plus with the Amoled display, when the sides are black, there are literally turned off ba. So you cannot even see nor will you pay attention to the black sides (bars + phone top & bottom)

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows for Dex, how to move apps to the home screen aka desktop?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.