The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol.. That's not true when one conscientiously do maintenance by removing unwanted apps and unwanted files..

The lag comes in when you have more and more apps fighting for the limited ram and that it hog cpu resources as well. Other than that, it won't lag.

Have been using Android after ip4 days, no such thing as lag after some time.. Lol..

Yeah agree so far my flagship Androids all perform like a breeze

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

StationA

Reaction score
iPhone 8 pics indeed has deeper contrast and more saturated look this time

yes, many review pictures show that change. now if do blind test for day photos, ip8 may have a bigger chance to win. but for low light photos iPhones are still 1 or 2 years behind samsung.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previously many iPhone users remarked their natural look is better than amoled saturated ones. With their first oled screen, some are gonna say we love this New saturated look because we always do it better in Apple lol...

My screen currently i used Basic screen mode instead of adaptive display. Looks less saturated

Eidekos

Reaction score
I think I will take a leap of faith. Hopefully Samsung doesn't disappoint me hahaha. Actually as long as the phone doesn't lag until becomes irritating at the 1.5 year mark, I'm ok with it la. Was just aware of the situation that Samsung starts out good but very fast becomes slow

Take that leap bro. U will enjoy it. Its a good change the feel of luxury phone is there. Too stale for ios already.

Ios11 has been buggy lately. Almost at par to my usage of apps.

For my iphone usage before, i used to factory reset after 6 to 8 months. There are inconsistencies happening. Notifications lost, battery life. Its always good to have fresh phne isnt it?

As for my diehard android friends esp samsung, no lag for them after a year. As lomg as u do maintence of apps i think should be okay.

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple always is more natural color, note 8 is more saturated, all the reviews say so online. Yours is opposite lol!
:s13:
Posted with iPhone 7+ HardwareZone Forums app

Never see much reviews. Maybe my phone's got problem. But my iPhone 8+ pics look much more vibrant than the note 8 pics. Good or bad depends on individual. Skin tones are a lot more orange on my 8+ than note 8.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Note 8 last Sat and after a few days testing, found the home button to be too sensitive or it intermittently register double press (vibrate twice) when I just pressed once. Even when I just lightly press. Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Note 8 last Sat and after a few days testing, found the home button to be too sensitive or it intermittently register double press (vibrate twice) when I just pressed once. Even when I just lightly press. Anyone else had this issue?

Hmm, not for mine, always registered once only. But I very rarely use the hard pressed function.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score

u can adjust the sensitivity of this soft home button

Ds_Cheng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 8 is only 4g+3g dual sim right? Other than parallel space for dual whatapps apps, any other good Apps can recommend?

Last edited:

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not for mine, always registered once only. But I very rarely use the hard pressed function.

u can adjust the sensitivity of this soft home button

Thanks, it's not the soft button sensitivity settings. Tried setting at 5 also the same. Seems like the touch or pressure sensitive issue. The other Note 8 I tried is OK. Looks like hardware issue.

bobaccord

Reaction score
mAKfykzl.jpg

I frequently use my N8 to type. Will getting this Add on keyboard make it easier and faster to type? Any one has experience on this?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

xiaohanhan

Reaction score
Why do people come to this thread and talks about iPhone and compare. this thread is meant to help/discusses about note 8. if wants to compare with iPhone. please go create a new thread "note 8 vs iPhone 8" or whatever. And no offense. unless you are trying to affect the moral of the note 8 user here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.