HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

Like Tree593Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #16

It might not be called Galaxy Note8, the new name will focus on the Pen ~

Well....even the S8 has a pen accessory, so the S Pen is no longer unique to the Note series

Plus, I think Samsung want to revamp the Note series after the batteries incident and avoid calling it the Note series
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #17

Well....even the S8 has a pen accessory, so the S Pen is no longer unique to the Note series

Plus, I think Samsung want to revamp the Note series after the batteries incident and avoid calling it the Note series
Ya. Last time spen is unique to note series like the Note 10.1 and Note 8 (tablet).

Now even Tab A 10 also got S Pen. Tab A 8 also has spen. Spen isnt unique anymore
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #18

Of course it is unique. The Note series is the only one with storage space for the pen built into the phone. Who wants to carry a pen separately?
Samfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #19
Master Member

It will be called S8+ Pro. The Pro for Professional.
Old 19-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #20

After 1.5yrs, i think my note 5 battery is dying. Wouldnt last half a day. Saw the video how to change the internal battery, it was horrifying.
It was iphone's idea to make battery built in , then samsung blindly followed suit.
What is so wrong to make external battery ?
I hope they wont also blindly follow iphone's new stupid idea to remove the 3.5mm std earphone jack as well.
Unfortunately i think they will.
garyhardwarezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #21
High Supremacy Member

After 1.5yrs, i think my note 5 battery is dying. Wouldnt last half a day. Saw the video how to change the internal battery, it was horrifying.
It was iphone's idea to make battery built in , then samsung blindly followed suit.
I hope they wont also blindly follow iphone's new stupid idea to remove the 3.5mm std earphone jack as well.
To make a premium looking phone that's of a glass built?

You can't expect removable battery from a phone built with glass right??

amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #22

for 3.5mm headset jack, dont think samsung wil follow anytime soon. HTC did follow removing the headset jack.

Now almost all phones manufacturers has battery built in. Even for Xiaomi and LG.
Old 19-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #23
Master Member

You will never know if the terrorist will make a plastic bomb which will fit in the phone and bring up the plane. That will be disastrous. I think thats one of the reasons why at certain airports, they want you to turn on the phone or notebook for them to see.
Old 19-02-2017, 03:18 PM   #24
Great Supremacy Member

Note 5 flaw is it doesn't haf sdcard. The unit get hot easily using gear vr too, otherwise it's a good phone.
Jackygogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #25

That is why they make those features not found in Note5 in Note7. But it just.... too hot to handle
Old 22-02-2017, 04:19 AM   #26

Note 5 flaw is it doesn't haf sdcard. The unit get hot easily using gear vr too, otherwise it's a good phone.
You do know all device will run hot using gear VR..It is an intensive program to run.
Old 22-02-2017, 06:25 AM   #27
Great Supremacy Member

I would still prefer removable batt over water resistent anyday and for the long run, the deplicted batt can be replace easily and less costly as compared to sending for replacement which will cost 4 times more than getting a battery.
And I would rather a durable back than crackable glass back.
Jackygogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #28

I would still prefer removable batt over water resistent anyday and for the long run, the deplicted batt can be replace easily and less costly as compared to sending for replacement which will cost 4 times more than getting a battery.
Yeah. They have integrated that in S5. Removable battery with water resistance.
Old 22-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #29

Fully agree. Would prefer to carry a second battery than a power bank. Not concern about premium look or not - functionality is more important for such a phone. Plastic is fine and works. Anyway, its in a phone cover.

Last edited by Samfreak; 22-02-2017 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
Samfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #30

I guess in the past... drop test video always show back cover and batt flying all over places during drop testing...make phone look bad, manufacture malu...so now they sealed tight tight..
sgmem88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.