The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

starsabre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL

No one pre-ordering the Note8 from Singtel?

How come no more updates from other people?

I still can't online chat or get through to the operator for CIS re-contract.... though i have filled up the CIS document already, just not yet submitted... if can get through via online chat or call operator, then i no need to submit this CIS document and wait three working days

i believe there r a few ppl like me cannot go through the online preordering becos we can only recontract from Sep onwards but the online system is validating for 30 Aug and delivery is 9 Sep onwards, some of us got call Singtel for help

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
i believe there r a few ppl like me cannot go through the online preordering becos we can only recontract from Sep onwards but the online system is validating for 30 Aug and delivery is 9 Sep onwards, some of us got call Singtel for help

I can't get through the call..... i called 1609 as this is the hotline indicated in the CIS webpage.

The online chat is also forever engaged.

I will continue to try and night time will also try since the online chat and hotline operates at night too, as long as is within the operational time.

lch920619x

Reaction score
Yalor...if online chat is forever engaged and call also not picking up, then maybe have to go down to the stores to do it.... but then, may not enjoy the online perks like free 24 months caller id and waive off admin fee

Only do online can have free 24 months caller id and waive off admin fee of re-contracting.... do in shop i don't think have these benefits..... not sure leh.....
That sucks. I'll ask the staff to help resolve my problem then I proceed to preorder online. LoL

sfour20

Reaction score
Was allocated 5pm for gray colour pre-order. Have a work engagement lined up so tried my luck at 2pm and went through smoothly.

Called in to 1688 twice during my order for clarifications and both times managed to get through to the CSO within 2 minutes.

Good experience for me.

kenboiboi

Reaction score
Was allocated 5pm for gray colour pre-order. Have a work engagement lined up so tried my luck at 2pm and went through smoothly.

Called in to 1688 twice during my order for clarifications and both times managed to get through to the CSO within 2 minutes.

Good experience for me.

Is yours CIS? Im still waiting to get the combo plan + gray but still unable to login. Probably it only open at 5pm for normal plans

jeremy_cec

Reaction score
Is yours CIS? Im still waiting to get the combo plan + gray but still unable to login. Probably it only open at 5pm for normal plans

if i remember correctly.. u can still recontract as normal plan.. then later go singtel shop ask them convert to CIS plan..

slowchemical

Reaction score
Can anyone paste me link to book an appointment at singtel shop for note 8.
I was given the preorder link but I need to go personally to shop instead. It doesn't give me a choice.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Sibei alot of hype generating bots here.. same as the wireless ip camera thread. Lolz... :s13:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe for NORMAL re-contract, the process is smooth

For CIS re-contract, i have been trying since 1pm until now and still cannot get through the 1609 hotline for CIS or get someone for the online chat as the online chat is always engaged.

:s22::s22::s22:

jaysenwasabi

Reaction score
Kinda irrelevant. But have anybody tried Circles Life.
Thinking of jumping to the CL bandwagon with the Note 8 with more Data.

kenboiboi

Reaction score
I managed to pre order Gray from ST before the 5pm time slot. However, the only pickup date is 10 Sept. Anyone managed to get 9 Sept?

There are also no morning pick up slots.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I know a friend who uses CL and data speed is atrocious. Her phone takes a bit more time to load instagram and facebook. Would stay away from it if you use data extensively.

jaysenwasabi

Reaction score
I know a friend who uses CL and data speed is atrocious. Her phone takes a bit more time to load instagram and facebook. Would stay away from it if you use data extensively.

That's what i am afraid of. I mean, if the reason for porting over to Circle life is to take advantage of the Data perks but then the network is like poop then there is no point.
Even if we have such a powerful phone but the connection lousy also no use sia.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

however now, M1 got unlimited data, but at $98 a month. You can try, But there are people saying CCL signal reception is not that good, although they are using m1 bandwidth

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what i am afraid of. I mean, if the reason for porting over to Circle life is to take advantage of the Data perks but then the network is like poop then there is no point.
Even if we have such a powerful phone but the connection lousy also no use sia.

Friend is using Circle line now and he said it's ok so far lol. But different people has different definition for OK so i dunno.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend is using Circle line now and he said it's ok so far lol. But different people has different definition for OK so i dunno.

yeah. It depends on what you want. If people got OCD keep looking at signal bars and keep testing speed on speedtest. They will never be happy.

It's about the quality and consistency. If they provide smooth loading of websites, calling(no drop). Then it should be enough

jaysenwasabi

Reaction score
yeah. It depends on what you want. If people got OCD keep looking at signal bars and keep testing speed on speedtest. They will never be happy.

It's about the quality and consistency. If they provide smooth loading of websites, calling(no drop). Then it should be enough

Exactly.
thanks for all of your response.
I think i will just sit and wait for SH to release their price plans.
Should be within this week ba since the comex is this weekend and they wouldnt be daft enough to have the roadshow without the note 8 promotions.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Update on my pre-ordering

I got fed-up and called 1688 instead of 1609 for the CIS re-contract

Gave my details and the Note8 colour i want and the customer service officer say he will send an email to my company email and follow the instructions to continue with the pre-order

Waiting for the Singtel email to appear in my company email...... it's been 30 mins since the call ended, as of time of this post, and i still have not received the email....

I will monitor and if few hours later still don't have email, i will call again to check.

:(:(:(:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.