Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New OTA update for Note 2 XXALJ5

Like Tree21Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #406
Arch-Supremacy Member

using odin wont affect counter i think... nevertheless, i pushed it into my phone using odin liao..
From what I know ... as long as it is official firmware ... the binary counter will not increase.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #407
Supremacy Member

Got anybody face not network after upgrade to lj5. I alway need to reset a few times to connect to network again. I am on starhub.
Before last week, mine was fine. I'm on starhub too.

After I came back from HK (using their prepaid sim card), I noticed the SH network became quite bad. I've got zero data connectivity on Paya Lebar circle line station all the way till Stadium MRT. Only after the train pulled into Stadium mrt and opened its doors for about 5 seconds, then I got H+ back. And when I meant zero data, means totally no signal. No H+, no 3G, no G. (Previously there's actually this issue, but at least there's a fake H - that doesn't move - on the screen. Now is totally nothing...)

Under the same starhub antenna in my office, my friend's S2 got super fast and smooth data connectivity, but my Note 2 whatsapp messages take about 1min before it will get sent. If my phone is in idle state, the whatsapp messages that people sent me would just get stuck and won't even come in until someone SMS me or what I unlock the phone to go into browser or something!

This is getting frustrating...
Ruriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #408

I also bought from non-telco. Just flashed to LJ5 firmware using ODIN. Wait until sian liao.

1. Get ODIN v1.85
2. Get the firmware. Choose the one that is NOT from any telco.
3. Tick "USB Debugging" under Developer option
4. Switch phone to "Download Mode"
5. Run ODIN and push the firmware in.

My first attempt hung!! Scare the shxt out of me. Then I just repeat the process and 2nd time went thru.

Data was intact but I did do a backup before I did the updating.
Which firmware did you used? I can only find firmware from all the 3 telco.
babywoolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #409
Arch-Supremacy Member

Before last week, mine was fine. I'm on starhub too.

After I came back from HK (using their prepaid sim card), I noticed the SH network became quite bad. I've got zero data connectivity on Paya Lebar circle line station all the way till Stadium MRT. Only after the train pulled into Stadium mrt and opened its doors for about 5 seconds, then I got H+ back. And when I meant zero data, means totally no signal. No H+, no 3G, no G. (Previously there's actually this issue, but at least there's a fake H - that doesn't move - on the screen. Now is totally nothing...)

Under the same starhub antenna in my office, my friend's S2 got super fast and smooth data connectivity, but my Note 2 whatsapp messages take about 1min before it will get sent. If my phone is in idle state, the whatsapp messages that people sent me would just get stuck and won't even come in until someone SMS me or what I unlock the phone to go into browser or something!

This is getting frustrating...
Check Proxy to make sure none is set in Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names (APNs)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #410
Supremacy Member

Check Proxy to make sure none is set in Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names (APNs)
Yeah, proxy is "not set".

Any other possible solutions or workarounds? I've emailed to Samsung and sent feedback to Starhub at the same time. Doubt anything will happen, but I'll cross my fingers...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #411
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah, proxy is "not set".

Any other possible solutions or workarounds? I've emailed to Samsung and sent feedback to Starhub at the same time. Doubt anything will happen, but I'll cross my fingers...
ps... saw you mentioning from Paya Lebar circle line station all the way till Stadium MRT... even the 4G M1 is island-wide, i can only get H+ or H along the underground circle line, Starhub could be worst.

Did you happen to do any weird update while you are in HK under their mobile network? You can try using your colleague sim card on your note2 to determine if problem is phone or otherwise.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #412
Supremacy Member

ps... saw you mentioning from Paya Lebar circle line station all the way till Stadium MRT... even the 4G M1 is island-wide, i can only get H+ or H along the underground circle line, Starhub could be worst.

Did you happen to do any weird update while you are in HK under their mobile network? You can try using your colleague sim card on your note2 to determine if problem is phone or otherwise.
Nope, no weird updates whatsoever while I was in HK. Previously before I went HK, there's already the no data issue over the same route. There's just a fake H there, with arrows not moving until the train pulls into Stadium.

Now, it just became slightly worse with absolutely no signal displayed on the phone.

Yeah I'll see who willing to lend me their micro-sim to test.. while I wait for a reply from both SH and Sammy..
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #413

Hey, I have a non-telco set and want to update but have no laptop... Any advice on how to do so?
bluegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #414

Got anybody face not network after upgrade to lj5. I alway need to reset a few times to connect to network again. I am on starhub.
the same issue for me since update (on starhub) no network. also video stops abruptly with colours all faded out. going to try a factory reset later
directhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #415

Thumbs down

the same issue for me since update (on starhub) no network. also video stops abruptly with colours all faded out. going to try a factory reset later
it could be StarHub trying to do something this morning. At about 9+ am today, suddenly I cannot surf the net when I was outside
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #416
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought from challenger.. not OTA update as well.. thinking of using odin too. stock rom wun increase the counter and triangle right?
your binary counter will only go to 1 if you root your phone and flash custom firmware
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #417
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey, I have a non-telco set and want to update but have no laptop... Any advice on how to do so?
local set? go update at Samsung service center
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.