Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NEW : Samsung S8003 Jet Amoled Screen

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #1441

new firmware coming out

http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php?topic=1410.0

haiz where is the S8003XXXX firmware sia? how come all S8000 ?!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #1442

youtube solutions can be found a darkforest forum topic youtube with XEII2 firmware. people said got links from m.youtube.com to click and to optimize. got pple confirm working! XEII2 all the way man!!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #1443

Did u flash back to S8003 and check if the youtube videos can be played?i admin i'm too lazy to re-flash back to S8003 and try. i found that video X via youtube widget and gotten "unsupported video format or bit rate over' error, then i open browser and select video X again, i can play.

i also found that although video X can play, but very jerky as compared to S8003IG2.
Actually I got flash back to S8003DXIG2 before. Youtube can play.

Anyway you got try route66 with the S8000XEII2? My route66 always hang when trying to calculate a route, then the phone will restart on its own.

It has never happen b4 when I was using S8003DXIG2 with navigation enabled...
miyamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #1444

just did the youtube thingy. its really works. youtube videos are able to play with XEII2 now although no visual improvements. oh well.

i did not use route66 before but i intend to install today it today with XEII2. will keep you posted with route66 findings.

Anyway you got try route66 with the S8000XEII2? My route66 always hang when trying to calculate a route, then the phone will restart on its own.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #1445

Hi bros, i just got my samsung jet s8003 black, but the battery drained within 10hrs after full charge, may i know how long the battery usually last.
I just made a few calls (less than 20mins) and exchanged few sms in the day time, and the battery flat within 10hrs.
alamaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #1446
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi bros, i just got my samsung jet s8003 black, but the battery drained within 10hrs after full charge, may i know how long the battery usually last.
I just made a few calls (less than 20mins) and exchanged few sms in the day time, and the battery flat within 10hrs.
my colleague quite a heavy user, he said 1 day drop abt 1 bar or 2 bars only.
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #1447

Probably you had some other applications running in the background... So better check.

If there is no problems with what I stated above, then u might need to go to samsung and enquire about the battery,.. As like otacon say, the battery last long.
SleepyEyedBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #1448
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i know if there is any mic on the 3.5mm earpiece that comes with jet?

i read somewhere here that white jet has higher internal memory? is it true n how big is it?
Old 13-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #1449

route66 with XEII2

downloaded FREE singapore map.
when i select 'get my position', it displays 'getting position' at bottom bar and forever searching. i am on gps. cant get my position even after 10min.

help
Old 13-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #1450
Supremacy Member

youtube solutions can be found a darkforest forum topic youtube with XEII2 firmware. people said got links from m.youtube.com to click and to optimize. got pple confirm working! XEII2 all the way man!!
err i flashed s8003 to XEII2 but my phone could not recognise the file... end up flashing back to S8003... how do you make s8003 be flashable to s8000 without the phone rejecting the firmware from europe?
emo3lmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #1451

downloaded FREE singapore map.
when i select 'get my position', it displays 'getting position' at bottom bar and forever searching. i am on gps. cant get my position even after 10min.

help
I suppose you are using route66? Then are you indoors when you are trying it? GPS can never detect you if you are indoors, the satellite not that power. You have to be at least outdoors and the sky should not be too cloudy. Usually take a few mins.

err i flashed s8003 to XEII2 but my phone could not recognise the file... end up flashing back to S8003... how do you make s8003 be flashable to s8000 without the phone rejecting the firmware from europe?
Cannot recognize what file?? Flashing will not necessarily work 100 percent the first time. Sometimes have to try a second time or third before can flash properly. Also please read the instructions and precautions properly before you do flashing.
miyamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #1452

- download XEII2
- make sure all SIM/NETWORK etc locks are OFF by keying some codes...
- load mulitloader
- select boot changes, full download and master room
- select all files except the last 3 (fota tune etc)

1st time i gotten green screen and hp freeze (because serial port error)
i panicked but i pull out usb and reboot my laptop | took battery in out
redo above steps...2nd time pass. total flash time 183sec

Old 14-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #1453
Supremacy Member

- download XEII2
- make sure all SIM/NETWORK etc locks are OFF by keying some codes...
- load mulitloader
- select boot changes, full download and master room
- select all files except the last 3 (fota tune etc)

1st time i gotten green screen and hp freeze (because serial port error)
i panicked but i pull out usb and reboot my laptop | took battery in out
redo above steps...2nd time pass. total flash time 183sec
haha thx for e help
anw i jus realised what went wrong... i misread the app_compressed for amss_compressed and hence use the amss for app... LOL
yeah managed to flash it to XEII finally =D
emo3lmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #1454

tested my XEII2 with route66. works good. no hang when trying to calculate a route. on cons is slowing in getting position cause i am on GPS

Old 16-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #1455

Album artwork

Dear Gurus...
My samsung jet firmware is the one which ends with 7.
I've managed to finally get the album artwork to work for some of my songs in the samsung jet. But it only works when it is in a vertical display play mode. And the album cover is also displaying when i activated the 3D toggle box shortcut button. The album picture is there when i select the music option.
But when i rotate the phone to horizontal (landscape view) no picture except for the musical note default photo. Album unknown somemore.

I really need help if there is any hope of getting the album cover on horizontal play mode. Irritates me so bad! I wanna resolve this issue without going to the service centre to run software update to the very latest one. Cos that will make my navigation icon to be gone & i find that useful for me too.

Thanks alot
your help will be very much appreciated.
salharah is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.