The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's cos consumers want metal and glass over and above the existing features. What sammy did is as good as going for breast augmentation but removed the buttocks and nipples at the same time.

sammy is going down and not in a good way.

Agreed. Note 3 and 4 were good with removable battery and SD card slot and yet, with awesome design.

Glass and metallic design for WTF.... after putting on a cover / casing. See what...still see plastic...Think Again!

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having come a long way since note to note 4 including edge, holding the note 5 makes me feel like it's a brand new start again. A design that grows on you, a screen that is better than the last best, instantly makes my note 4 feel like donkey years ago.

While it may look like a step back, losing the most practical features, but isn't it call moving with the time? You can't possibly have a flexible glass that pops open for your battery change. Cloud storage and cheap otg, with easy to transfer files on Android platform, these are viable workaround for on-board only storage.

It's surprising I'm liking it despite having the same concerns like many who voiced out. Hmm..

Fast wireless charging using the new wireless pad, that's like a first! With Cat 9 LTE, up to 450mbps and possibly launching with Singtel 4G, things are getting interesting.

I dont care about fast wireless charging as I still prefer using the wired power cord and not spending more money on another charging base. As for Cat 9, looking at our telco network coverages, besides the price plans will get more expensive yet speed are just so so, it is not going to benefit us at all.

Just give us back the more practical features - removable battery and sd card.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Put it this way, folks.

Samsung doesn't care much about removable battery and SD card slot.

Samsung cares more about "pulling" iPhone users over to its camp than anything else.

That's why....

And I'm going over to iPhone soon seeing how Samsung is playing their games now.... Wait.... Or perhaps LG G4 will be a better choice rather.... :s13:

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
man the queue is so long this morning after the note 5 announcement

wait a minute, it is not to buy note 5..it is to go into the MRT

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The single most important feature for me is the microSD and Samsung had to remove it. If the missing feature does not come back on Note 6, I will move to another brand.

none

Reaction score
I had GXN1 and GXN3, had skipped GXN2 and GXN4.
Waited almost 2 years for GXN5 and they announced this crap.
Will be moving to Sony or LG with larger screen, removable battery and SDCard.

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
The single most important feature for me is the microSD and Samsung had to remove it. If the missing feature does not come back on Note 6, I will move to another brand.

Actually microSD card slot exclusion is an android design. Since Kitkat, Google has set SD card write restrictions, with exception of a few apps.

I think moving forward you will see more Android devices ditching the SD card slot. I believe only major handset manufacturer still supports it is LG and Xiaomi (if you consider them, major).

siandiao

Reaction score
ah, no microSD card slot

good luck Samsung, looks like you trust your market surveyors way, way, too much

clowie

Reaction score
Isn't there going to be a new Gear VR for the Note 5/S6 Edge +? The VR apps and videos take up so much space, how do they expect us to store all that plus videos/pictures/music on a measly 64gb?

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before i changed from S5 to S6, I tot i will need the microSD badly. But after using airplay , i am fine without microSD since u cant transfer files directly from airplay to microSD since KitKat (not sure if there's a change now).

i no longer use cable to charge and transfer files.

again, it depend on individual how they using the phone as preferred.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love the note 5 with its new features!!

I dun care about removable battery, cos' I never have the need to change one before.

I dun care about removable SD card, cos' they are so much slower to read/write vs built-in storage.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I'm going over to iPhone soon seeing how Samsung is playing their games now.... Wait.... Or perhaps LG G4 will be a better choice rather.... :s13:

:s13: indeed. Will be keeping my G4 until the new iPhone is out. If both Apple and Samsung have no microSD slot, whats the point of getting Sammy phones? It has no resale value. Note 4 was my favorite until the G4 came with a better camera.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before i changed from S5 to S6, I tot i will need the microSD badly. But after using airplay , i am fine without microSD since u cant transfer files directly from airplay to microSD since KitKat (not sure if there's a change now).

i no longer use cable to charge and transfer files.

again, it depend on individual how they using the phone as preferred.

It's takes some time getting used to it, but yup there's always work around and its good you are doing well with it :D

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
I love the note 5 with its new features!!

I dun care about removable battery, cos' I never have the need to change one before.

I dun care about removable SD card, cos' they are so much slower to read/write vs built-in storage.

please review with screenshot after you buy it

least we accuse samsung of organizing IB as well

Shadow79

Reaction score
I rather concerned with the longevity of the battery. My less than a year old Note 4 battery is dying. I wonder if it's due to the Fast Charging.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's takes some time getting used to it, but yup there's always work around and its good you are doing well with it :D

yeah. for airplay, if you have more than 2 devices..then might be difficult as the free version allows only up to 2 devices.

with wifi 5Ghz, the transfer is fast.

liked u said. there's always work-around, just need to find and get use to it. And.. with Mac, the damn Android transfer apps is a PITA. :s13:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually microSD card slot exclusion is an android design. Since Kitkat, Google has set SD card write restrictions, with exception of a few apps.

I think moving forward you will see more Android devices ditching the SD card slot. I believe only major handset manufacturer still supports it is LG and Xiaomi (if you consider them, major).
Actually for Xiaomi, their Mi Phone series doesn't have microSD card slot, only their Redmi Phone series has it. :)

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 1s using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.