Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, all about rooting

Like Tree62Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #1501
High Supremacy Member

Been using cm9 for few days... there is update almost everyday. There are bugs like no usb Mass Storage (USB MTP is present and there is apps to enable UMS), MHL (soon) and OTG (soon) not implemented yet. Otherwise it a fully functional rom that is very smooth and fast (need setcpu to tweak the sampling rate).

Just need to know there is no Spen related software.
U sure about the MHL/OTG "soon"? It will take a long time for those to come, if ever imho.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #1502
Master Member

Public Service Announcement: ICS Leaks and Recovery

Not sure if anyone of you have read, I maybe WOLS but i post here again for your safety sake.

If you are on ICS, (except XplodWILD's CM9), you need REALLY need to take NOTE (pun intended).

Public Service Announcement: ICS Leaks and Recovery - xda-developers
Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #1503
Arch-Supremacy Member

U sure about the MHL/OTG "soon"? It will take a long time for those to come, if ever imho.
XpLoDWilD bought OTG and MHL cable to work on them
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #1504

Hi, I am new to the rooting guide. Just gotten a new Galaxy after changing my iPhone. I did some researching on the guide. But I have some questions about it as I am not certain how to do it.

1) My kernel has the build name DXLC2 and I found a pre-rootable kernel in this link, XDA forum with the DXLC2 (from Singapore) so that means I can use this rootable LC2 kernal to do flashing?

2) As far as I see, most of the guides always warn of some risks such as our phones can be bricked, is there any dummy guide very easy enough for a even stupid person to follow it 100%? Because my friend wants to remove bloatware in her Note so I need to do the rooting for her as she is not good in following technical instructions, plus I dont want to be held accountable if something goes awry in the process.

3) I dont see any guide to recover back to stock ROM if I need to send my phone for repair/warranty. Is there any?

I hope that you all will kindly help answer the questions here. Thank you very much
Hi, anyone willing to answer these questions I asked few days ago? :/
CHOCOx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #1505

If I am not mistaken, if you wanna go the safe route, Juice defender ultimate might be the answer, it can disable apps without rooting.

Last edited by logi17; 08-05-2012 at 07:49 PM..
logi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #1506
Master Member

1. I would say not many of us tried this method of direct root, hence probably the limited responses.

2. Progene has complied the instructions for rooting with screenshots into a guide over here: http://www.box.com/s/q430r67eata76yzzrajf. It has been used by several members here and there were no issues that I heard of.

3. Just flash the official stock LC2 firmware downloadable from sammobile.com via Odin, you will lose root and you can send it in for servicing or whatever.
davi502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #1507
Banned

hi i looked at one of the links from 2011 and you're supposed to find your kernel and mine doesn't show. Mine is dxlc2 and it seems like there's no chainfire root kernel for my kernel.

Last edited by sandpit_viper; 09-05-2012 at 01:35 AM..
sandpit_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #1508
Master Member

hi i looked at one of the links from 2011 and you're supposed to find your kernel and mine doesn't show. Mine is dxlc2 and it seems like there's no chainfire root kernel for my kernel.
You can use the cf root that is closest, ie LA1.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #1509

Not sure if anyone of you have read, I maybe WOLS but i post here again for your safety sake.

If you are on ICS, (except XplodWILD's CM9), you need REALLY need to take NOTE (pun intended).

thx for the heads up. Heng I haven't been flashing any other roms. Too lazy. Hope nobody damaged their notes due to the ics leaks.
jctj90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #1510

This issue was apparent some time back.
What's amazing is that not only the leaks have this problem, Samsung's official source code for the korean sgs2 also has this problem!!
LegendZenify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #1511
Banned

HI i went to xda forum to look for my kernel and it mentioned that mine isn't directly rootable so i first have to change to an older root but there's so many kernels that are listed for singapore which one should i use?
sandpit_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #1512

HI i went to xda forum to look for my kernel and it mentioned that mine isn't directly rootable so i first have to change to an older root but there's so many kernels that are listed for singapore which one should i use?
There is, in this link XDA forum but I dont know if it can be rootable. I am new to the rooting method so I cant say much. But if you think the LC2 kernel can be rooted, then it is good. I noob ):
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #1513

1. I would say not many of us tried this method of direct root, hence probably the limited responses.

2. Progene has complied the instructions for rooting with screenshots into a guide over here: http://www.box.com/s/q430r67eata76yzzrajf. It has been used by several members here and there were no issues that I heard of.

3. Just flash the official stock LC2 firmware downloadable from sammobile.com via Odin, you will lose root and you can send it in for servicing or whatever.
Hi, if I follow Progene's method to root my phone using the pre-rootable LC2 kernel to flash, will it be possible to get my Note rooted? And what if I dont want to update to latest kernel in mobile Odin? Will it be ok? Because I dont want to buy the mobile Odin apk.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #1514
Master Member

Post delete...

Last edited by progene; 10-05-2012 at 07:47 AM..
progene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #1515
Master Member

Hi, if I follow Progene's method to root my phone using the pre-rootable LC2 kernel to flash, will it be possible to get my Note rooted? And what if I dont want to update to latest kernel in mobile Odin? Will it be ok? Because I dont want to buy the mobile Odin apk.
His guide didn't mention the pre-rooted kernel.

Mobile Odin lite can also do upgrades.. Though the pro version is more straight forward.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.