HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note8 Accessories Thread: Let's Go Crazy Over Them

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #16
Master Member

Ordered spigen rugged armour and neoflax sp from Qoo10 ytd and received it tdy.

Had been using rugged armour for N7, now v20 and from 9th onwards for N8.

All prepared and only left with waiting till 9th Sept. Can't wait to dispose of v20
spectral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #17

what screen protector are u guys going to get for Note 8?

after wasting so much money on screen protector on Note 7... best is don use lol
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

But that extra protection is always welcome..

If i got note 8, I'll camp for Whitestone brand first..

after wasting so much money on screen protector on Note 7... best is don use lol
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:39 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

i will go for spigen neoflex since the screen is not flat. for case, i would wait to see if the free clear case is of good quality then need not buy.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:15 PM   #20

I am a little confused about the DeX station. Other than able to convert the viewing to pc, does it act as a wireless charger?
ricsoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #21
Master Member

I am a little confused about the DeX station. Other than able to convert the viewing to pc, does it act as a wireless charger?
There is a usb-c connector in Dex to connect to the phone. It will charge as dex has external power but it is not wireless.
Lucky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #22

There is a usb-c connector in Dex to connect to the phone. It will charge as dex has external power but it is not wireless.
Yes you can charge using the DeX

So think of it as getting a $198 dock that must be plugged into a power source that charges your phone via the USB-C, if you are not using the DeX for it's intended use...

tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

How is UAG monarch? Is it too bulky.? Cnt decide between uag and spigen tgo

Whizdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #24
High Supremacy Member

I like this one

https://www.spigen.com/collections/g...nt=37379914241

mikengtw, tankee531 and JeanKong like this.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #25

Yes you can charge using the DeX

So think of it as getting a $198 dock that must be plugged into a power source that charges your phone via the USB-C, if you are not using the DeX for it's intended use...

Just went to samsung to find out more abt the Dex station today. I was told that the charger that comes with the note 8 is a 9V. In order to charge the phone using the dex, I need a 14V which can be purchase separately. The 9V charger can only retain the power but not charge it up as dex consumes quite a lot of power cos of the fan in the dex station which helps to cool down the temp of the phone. I was like huh, so a dex is really a useless device for me becos I will not be using it as a com... I was still hoping that the dex might actually charge my phone like a dock station but apparently I need to purchase another charger in order to do that....
ricsoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #26

Just went to samsung to find out more abt the Dex station today. I was told that the charger that comes with the note 8 is a 9V. In order to charge the phone using the dex, I need a 14V which can be purchase separately. The 9V charger can only retain the power but not charge it up as dex consumes quite a lot of power cos of the fan in the dex station which helps to cool down the temp of the phone. I was like huh, so a dex is really a useless device for me becos I will not be using it as a com... I was still hoping that the dex might actually charge my phone like a dock station but apparently I need to purchase another charger in order to do that....
Incorrect. I have 2 DeX using them with my S8+ at office & home. No issue using the same charger came with the phone. In fact one of them using S7E charger. No issue, can charge at the same time. Not 14V.

tkl23786 likes this.
nuscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Always discount what the sales tell you except pricing - they all talking out of their arses.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #28
Master Member

Just in case anyone is looking at buying a Full Adhesive Tempered Glass online to self paste, take a look at this vide

Samsung S8 Full Adhesive Tempered Glass Test

For your viewing pleasure
JessKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #29
Master Member

Hi
Is there no privacy screen protector for samsung curved screen?
i cant find any. If have will definitely hoot note8

There will be Privacy Tempered Glass coming out but not at the initial launch. It takes some time for them to produce.
JessKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #30

Sigh...... i ordered the slickwrap skin for Note8 on 13 August.....till now still processing....

Dunno if can arrive in SG in time before i get my Note8 or not....

At least a clear case is included in the Note8....so not naked at the very least.

Wonder if the case is ok, will this reduce sales of cases if people are happy with the provided case and not buying other cases...

tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.