Samsung Galaxy Note8 Accessories Thread: Let's Go Crazy Over Them

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just here to share my personal experience with the Whitestone dome glas. To cut the story short I was there doing my 2nd set of note8 at paya lebar .

Indeed the application is flawless on the screen itself and no spec of dust or dirt inside. The problem here is the side where the glue start to stick out and form this white patches (or it may attract dust) upon pass to you for inspection outside or at the door once they are done. (Do take not they take upfront $70 from you before application) . So being very anal I always somehow manage to spot dust form together with the glue and the guy was always nice to help me adjust .

By adjusting he will insert more glue to whichever has more dust or the glue form a white particle. (Cause when you remove the dust , the unsettle glue will come out and form a air bubble at the side , hence he will inset glue again to cover up the portion which result in more left over glue). After a few time I gave up and he assure me that after 24 hour or so when the glue sit in I can use the alcohol wipe (from the dome box) and slowly wipe it off . He also told me to use case and so I will not see the patches as it will slowly gone after using the phone for certain period . ( He shown me his demo phone )

So I waited and left the phone inside the box till 15 sep morning and I took out. To my horror the glue did settle in but the patches was so unsightly and when I try to alcohol wipe it just make the patches worst and the glue don't seem to be so easily remove. Then I realise due today too much glue he inserted and was left overflow, the left side of my volume and bixy button and even the metal gap of the phone had residue which I can't even remove no matter how hard I try. I tried to ask them via Facebook messenger but they told me is normal and no refund or whatsoever since I check and left on the spot. I was so disgusted by the phone that I sold off that evening at a big loss <$1100 which I didnt even use once.

I am here not trying to blame them but trying to let anyone who is as anal as me to know that the $70 is not well spend if the application is not 100% perfectly done. I look thru the video thousand time and there was never mention that at any time we can reinsert glue if we have to adjust. So meaning once the glas is down. There no room for mistake at all.. hence I understand why alot place only sell but doesnt do application cause is very very difficult. (In the first place I don't even know how paya lebar do their application cause I was only allow to stand outside the corridor).

I decided to share this and really advice you that spend on $10 glas or even soft tpu flim will be a better choice. There never a 100% coverage at all. I learn my lesson hard and I hope Samsung have their original note 8 flim like how they have for s8/+. I decided to retired for the meantime as I spend too much time and money on note8 which I Haven even used once. Definitely no more glue on any of my phone cause that **** was nasty and my friend who work at a handphone shop can't even wipe it off in-between the gap and the button area .

To those that had their application done by themselves or by paya lebar and are happy . I am happy for you but otherwise is like gambling.

Sorry for the very long post and I couldn't provided photo cause mi max can't capture it well. If up to you to try. Just my 5cent worth of essay opnion .

Peace out

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Last edited:

Boiijek

Reaction score
Hi guys just here to share my personal experience with the Whitestone dome glas. To cut the story short I was there doing my 2nd set of note8 at paya lebar .

" "

Peace out

I just wanna know why did you sell your phone for <$1100 just because of a bad application? After removing the TG and wiping off as much excess, why would the value drop for a small cosmetic issue? Or was it a panic sell? Still doesn't make sense to me. However, the application sounds like a major cover up. Sounds like the guy screwed it up and tried to play it cool by adding more glue. Just dumb.

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
I just wanna know why did you sell your phone for <$1100 just because of a bad application? After removing the TG and wiping off as much excess, why would the value drop for a small cosmetic issue? Or was it a panic sell? Still doesn't make sense to me. However, the application sounds like a major cover up. Sounds like the guy screwed it up and tried to play it cool by adding more glue. Just dumb.

I remove the glass. But the excess glue that he inserted was too much initially that overflow to the metal frame gap of the phone and also inside the button area. Obviously he wipe the side before he pass to me and I did not notice on the gap and at the button area as I was too focus on the glas itself. Hence once the glue sit in , the phone is practically screw. Of course I can pack it up nicely and advertise as used 1-2 days old but my conscience don't allow and let my friend eat as a used (badly glue phone ) condition .

Then again as I mentioned I am very very anal and such small detail can't run away from my eyes . Sigh

Boiijek

Reaction score
I guess that's a major strike against Whitestone.

Not to sound biased or anything but if you went few pages back, you'd know that I'm new to this Whitestone dome TG. From my experience, this is a very fool proof application method. They provided an extra bottle for worse case scenario purposes. I think that the way the shop handled it is just abysmal. If you used 1 bottle per application and tried your best to screw it up, you wouldn't be able to. Its a good product but definitely costly.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not to sound biased or anything but if you went few pages back, you'd know that I'm new to this Whitestone dome TG. From my experience, this is a very fool proof application method. They provided an extra bottle for worse case scenario purposes. I think that the way the shop handled it is just abysmal. If you used 1 bottle per application and tried your best to screw it up, you wouldn't be able to. Its a good product but definitely costly.
Yeah. If I went down all the way to apply, I would expect at the very least better service when it comes to glitches caused by the application crew.

In this case it might have been better if he DIY-ed.

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Lol I wonder what's so fanciful about the tempered glass that u need to apply glue?

My tempered glass from aliexpress is a simple case fit glass with adhesive on the sides.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol I wonder what's so fanciful about the tempered glass that u need to apply glue?

My tempered glass from aliexpress is a simple case fit glass with adhesive on the sides.

the issue with this type of tgsp will result in the area without adhesive to suffer from sensitivity due to the air gap in between

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
I remove the glass. But the excess glue that he inserted was too much initially that overflow to the metal frame gap of the phone and also inside the button area. Obviously he wipe the side before he pass to me and I did not notice on the gap and at the button area as I was too focus on the glas itself. Hence once the glue sit in , the phone is practically screw. Of course I can pack it up nicely and advertise as used 1-2 days old but my conscience don't allow and let my friend eat as a used (badly glue phone ) condition .

Then again as I mentioned I am very very anal and such small detail can't run away from my eyes . Sigh

why is it hard and unable to remove? wasn't the hardened glue jelly like and with a bit of rubbing and it will go away?

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a dome glass from P2o.

Then bought another OEM glass from taobao (link here: https://world.taobao.com/item/54617...spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2ed6e797mPHVVB&_u=hoc11s11570)

Using the same installation kit, the extra glue, installed the glass on 2 sets of Note8.

Attached photos using the glass from Taobao (no matrix dots, perfect cutout and curvature) seller informed me this has no glue, need 光学. based on our conversation, he was saying that I am getting the V2 内缩版 so it looks a bit different from what is shown on the photos. i think the diff for V2 is top cut out, closer to the front camera? but whatever it is, there was some leak of glue with this glass compared to the original dome.

Works purrrfectly well with Spigen Neo Hybrid :D

16c9u94.jpg

2nssuog.jpg

1zq7ss9.jpg

30aup8k.jpg

24ez9dk.jpg

Cost of Dome glass set: $65.90 (less $10, shopback and liveup via Lazada)
China OEM glass: 40RMB, ezbuy shipping $1.69 (~$10)
Average price/installation: $38

So all you need is dome glass installation kit, extra piece of glass and those daring enough, google LOCA TP-2500F (10ml per installation?) and you can even bring the cost lower :s13:

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought a dome glass from P2o.

Then bought another OEM glass from taobao (link here: https://world.taobao.com/item/54617...spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2ed6e797mPHVVB&_u=hoc11s11570)

Using the same installation kit, the extra glue, installed the glass on 2 sets of Note8.

Attached photos using the glass from Taobao (no matrix dots, perfect cutout and curvature) seller informed me this has no glue, need 光学. based on our conversation, he was saying that I am getting the V2 内缩版 so it looks a bit different from what is shown on the photos. i think the diff for V2 is top cut out, closer to the front camera? but whatever it is, there was some leak of glue with this glass compared to the original dome.

Works purrrfectly well with Spigen Neo Hybrid :D

16c9u94.jpg

2nssuog.jpg

1zq7ss9.jpg

30aup8k.jpg

24ez9dk.jpg

Cost of Dome glass set: $65.90 (less $10, shopback and liveup via Lazada)
China OEM glass: 40RMB, ezbuy shipping $1.69 (~$10)
Average price/installation: $38

So all you need is dome glass installation kit, extra piece of glass and those daring enough, google LOCA TP-2500F (10ml per installation?) and you can even bring the cost lower :s13:

Wow, the cutouts looks just like wsd. thanks for the link, I was wondering where to buy the glue as I had used up my 2nd one

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why is it hard and unable to remove? wasn't the hardened glue jelly like and with a bit of rubbing and it will go away?

Exactly.. even if its not activated by UV ray yet, it can easily be removed by alcohol...

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, the cutouts looks just like wsd. thanks for the link, I was wondering where to buy the glue as I had used up my 2nd one

But the fingerprint resistance really not as zai as dome, also not as smooth silky touch :( and dome glass has these 4 dots all on 4 comers, this one doesn't. I'm not quite sure what the 4 dots do though.

As for the glue, 2500F should be the used by dome glass, smells quite similar (LOL not a chemist). But it's quite hard to agar the amount required so it definitely will overflow or does not cover fully if the amount used is not within the delta range.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.