Samsung Galaxy S III

Like Tree243Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #46
Master Member

Dunno why u quote me. U see any huge difference in battery life between single and dual core phones? I know that's what the crazy ones at SE forums keep saying - but now that Sony is coming up with dual core phones, they've switched tack instantly.
actually i quote you to support you

i think the additional core count and power consumption is not linear. i recall some tech about if fifth "core" that functions as a controller to manage which and how many cores are used, in an effort to save power. similar to how the tech is deployed in latest lappies which don't use discrete gfx when not needed.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #47

Anyone know does Samsung phone price drop alot once the new version is out, e.g. S2 once S3 is out?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #48

Samsungís marketing and advertising team have confirmed that they are planning a huge advertising blitz and release of the Galaxy S3 to line up with the 2012 Olympics in London this summer apparently via the ZDNet Korea tech site.
Source: London 2012
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #49
Master Member

Anyone know does Samsung phone price drop alot once the new version is out, e.g. S2 once S3 is out?
now S2 is already $700 ..... cheap enough for such a good phone . mai tu liao !!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #50
Master Member

Source: London 2012

4 more months....that is around 6 to 7 months for singapore
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
High Supremacy Member

actually i quote you to support you

i think the additional core count and power consumption is not linear. i recall some tech about if fifth "core" that functions as a controller to manage which and how many cores are used, in an effort to save power. similar to how the tech is deployed in latest lappies which don't use discrete gfx when not needed.
Good to know. I too used to people quoting me to ka jiao me.

Even the dual cores wasn't much of a battery drain, as they ramp up and down depending on usage. But still, I doubt quad core will bring as much battery benefits as Nvidia would like us to believe.

On the other hand, we won't see drastic battery drainage as much as those nutcases at Sony subforums will believe.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #52
High Supremacy Member

SGS 3 is gonna leave Sony in the dust. They are almost 1 year late in the dual core game. It's considered last generation now.
I actually got a drastic discount on the recently launched Xperia S, 1 set. Asked around, nobody wanted it. It's not as if I was earning something on the side.

But damn, we need someone else beside Samsung to give them some competition.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #53

I actually got a drastic discount on the recently launched Xperia S, 1 set. Asked around, nobody wanted it. It's not as if I was earning something on the side.

But damn, we need someone else beside Samsung to give them some competition.
Its like u are trying to support a friend's cake shop. U go n buy 1, sometimes 2 cake to eat everyday. But before his shop got percentage soaring improvement for sales, u will die of diabetes.

We need lagend like steve who made excellent phones to take almost half of the mobile phone market pie in the world to made every other phone makers awake
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #54

Even with note multiple cores cpu, my 300 plus only pics loading with quickpic still took ages to load in preveiw mode.

Gimmicks cores effect?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #55

According to some report, the Galaxy S III will arrive in May with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.Other purported specs of the GSIII include a Super quad-core processor, 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel shooter around front and LTE connectivity.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #56

Post only when "according to samsung.... "

Kthxbye
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #57
High Supremacy Member

Even with note multiple cores cpu, my 300 plus only pics loading with quickpic still took ages to load in preveiw mode.

Gimmicks cores effect?
Since when was disk access related to CPU prowess? U gotta look for the right issue to whine about.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #58

Since when was disk access related to CPU prowess? U gotta look for the right issue to whine about.
Do u mean, Disc access doesnt required cpu processing at all?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #59
High Supremacy Member

Its like u are trying to support a friend's cake shop. U go n buy 1, sometimes 2 cake to eat everyday. But before his shop got percentage soaring improvement for sales, u will die of diabetes.

We need lagend like steve who made excellent phones to take almost half of the mobile phone market pie in the world to made every other phone makers awake
Dun understand ur analogy.

Apple already own so much of the market, so what other encouragement the others need hah?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #60

Dun understand ur analogy.

Apple already own so much of the market, so what other encouragement the others need hah?
Have to constantly own. To encourage constant motivation n competition.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.