Samsung Galaxy S2 - Guide to Rooting your phone (Always evolving and ever changing!)

bayside

Reaction score
hi guys does anyone have a wipe version of checkrom? i am from another rom going to try checkrom.

rantwb

Reaction score
Anyone updated? Is it 2.3.4 or above? Mine is root and i can't live without root lol so don't wanna update as yet.

Just updated to KL3, it is running Android 2.3.6

KIES also installed this FOTA Client as part of the firmware upgrade. Google tells me that it is called "Firmware Over The Air". I freezed it after rooting.

Last edited:

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just updated to KL3, it is running Android 2.3.6

KIES also installed this FOTA Client as part of the firmware upgrade. Google tells me that it is called "Firmware Over The Air". I freezed it after rooting.

Yeah freeze it after better. In fact, i freeze the OTA all along cos it seems to have quite a bit of batt drain.

Now charging my phone for the upgrade :D hopefully battery life is much better!

rantwb

Reaction score
Battery life much improved. Looks good so far. Will update more after several battery cycles.

PholkLorr

Reaction score
Ive been using Siyah kernels for awhile and i need some clarification on how their setcpu governors work. Their default setcpu governor is ondemand, but u can tweak it with setcpu. However, if i uninstall setcpu, will it still use ondemand? And i heard that you dont need a screen off profile for siyah cause it already has one?

rantwb

Reaction score
Battery life is indeed better. For rooted phones, the Android OS taking up high CPU hours is significantly lowered.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life is indeed better. For rooted phones, the Android OS taking up high CPU hours is significantly lowered.

Eh battery life doesn't seem better for the new stock update! Standby took 3% every hour! And worse, now my Market, under "My Apps" shows a blank page with 2 buttons to brows the market as if i've got no apps installed but i believe that's account specific cos a new gmail i signed up doesn't have that issue.

Martin79

Reaction score
Eh battery life doesn't seem better for the new stock update! Standby took 3% every hour! And worse, now my Market, under "My Apps" shows a blank page with 2 buttons to brows the market as if i've got no apps installed but i believe that's account specific cos a new gmail i signed up doesn't have that issue.

Try other custom rom and kernel to improve battery life.

ahkaiz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using siyah kernal? I just change from speedmod to siyah I and felt now my screen brightness is warmer than previously.. am I the only one ?

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure if this question has been asked but is there a way to make a 3 way conference call on Android or specifically Galaxy S2, like how the iPhone can do it?

Ok actually the moment i try it i realize there is an Add call button :p

Last edited:

jchoong

Reaction score
anyone using siyah kernal? I just change from speedmod to siyah I and felt now my screen brightness is warmer than previously.. am I the only one ?

I have been on siyah for a couple of months now and did not notice any change in screen temp when in use.

madster1818

Reaction score
Root DXKL3

Hi there

I am a newbie with Android. After reading all the threads and google, I still can't find the DXKL3 kernel to root my S2.

appreciate anyone can send the link and steps...i merely just want to root so that some apps can use.

Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.