Samsung Galaxy S2: Troubleshooting (Post your issues here)

zx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When my GPS is switched on, the GPS symbol will keep blinking at the status bar on top, even though no apps are using it (or so I thought). And when I open google maps and try to lock my position, it says location not available. Something wrong?

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When my GPS is switched on, the GPS symbol will keep blinking at the status bar on top, even though no apps are using it (or so I thought). And when I open google maps and try to lock my position, it says location not available. Something wrong?

what about widgets?

And are u indoors when you try to lock position?

zx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about widgets?

And are u indoors when you try to lock position?

Hi lobo76,

Ok i manually shut down applications individually and managed to stop it from blinking but is still not able to get a lock on the position via maps. And yes doing it indoors. It is also the first time I am trying to get a lock after upgrading firmware, I suppose that is the reason?

Alteph

Reaction score
Hi lobo76,

Ok i manually shut down applications individually and managed to stop it from blinking but is still not able to get a lock on the position via maps. And yes doing it indoors. It is also the first time I am trying to get a lock after upgrading firmware, I suppose that is the reason?

I think for GPS, you need to do it with a clear view of the sky from your phone. Doesn't really work indoors.

zx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Alteph,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it later during lunch :)

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for GPS, you need to do it with a clear view of the sky from your phone. Doesn't really work indoors.

yes, need to be outdoors for it to work properly. If you enable wifi (even if there is no wifi), it is supposedly helpful in getting a faster lock as well.

Lafiel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my messaging page
beside the person name

it shows the word Draft in RED

cant seem to find the draft page or get rid of it

anyone know how?

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my messaging page
beside the person name

it shows the word Draft in RED

cant seem to find the draft page or get rid of it

anyone know how?

open that message then press your back arrow all the way.. :o

cslim35

Master Member
Reaction score
We will get it eventually after Samsung think the firmware is stable enough for our local use. By then the ice-cream melts and we get milkshakes instead. :)

zzprincess

Reaction score
hi all, am new here. i need to know how to enable display to show battery life with %. currently i only see a battery icon, n i can't determine how much exactly battery life is left. pls help. thanks.

baby_bitsg

Reaction score
hi all, am new here. i need to know how to enable display to show battery life with %. currently i only see a battery icon, n i can't determine how much exactly battery life is left. pls help. thanks.

Can install this mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1154278&highlight=jkay

However you will need to root the phone. If you do not want to root the phone, you can go to market for apps like battery monitor widget https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw&feature=search_result. For this app, you will need to go to "status & Alarm and select "Notification Packages". This is allow you to install different package which will display the battery % at the top left corner of the screen.

mackie8

Reaction score

im using battery notif... small app only.. will not drain ur battery

rockford_corp

Reaction score
Hi, Guys

Anyone knows how to solve the USB connection issue? My pc like not detecting any connection from phone. Was working fine yesterday and today suddenly not working. Hope u guys can help. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.