Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ : Everything About Cases, SP, Docks, Accessories

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qas long as it's an authentic Samsung data cable, it can support adaptive fast charge be it USB-c or micro USB. Best is to spend a bit and buy from Samsung and its dealers bah..

If not, go challenger or some other reputable places and buy 3rd party ones. I have one that bought from challenger during note 7 era, branded as Monodesign. It's kinda cheaper than original cable and deliver quality.. The cable doesn't look cheap also..

What is the original samsung fast charge usb to usb-c cable call?

Reaction score
I'm getting my S8 + at the end of the month ... where can i get cheap wireless charging docks from ? Most likely my S8+ case & screen protector i will get from the kase located at ion orchard ... So actually S8+ is supposed to be called S8 edge right ? because i see that the screen is curved at the side like how S7 edge is suppose to be curved at the side ... Also i would also like to purchase another wire that could support fast charging ... where to get them also ? thanks for the help in advance !:s12:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol don't anyhow change the name of s8 leh..

I'm getting my S8 + at the end of the month ... where can i get cheap wireless charging docks from ? Most likely my S8+ case & screen protector i will get from the kase located at ion orchard ... So actually S8+ is supposed to be called S8 edge right ? because i see that the screen is curved at the side like how S7 edge is suppose to be curved at the side ... Also i would also like to purchase another wire that could support fast charging ... where to get them also ? thanks for the help in advance !:s12:

zeruel13

Reaction score
Samsung Fast Charge is actually Quick Charge 2.0

As long as the charger and cable are labelled Quick Charge 2.0, fast charge should work

Of course, using original Samsung fast charge charger and fast charge cable will have lesser failure rate of fast charge

So I connected the fast wireless charger with the original samsung fast wall charger through the original samsung cable.
It still says only wireless charging. No indication it is faster than normal.
Not sure whether it is supposed to be this way :s11:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which case does not add much bulk and is sp friendly?
Using Samsung clear cover. Slimmest case so far that I've used.
neVpFL6l.jpg

EbxVDDZl.jpg

8g0y2Ohl.jpg

Vd3Nepgl.jpg

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
So I connected the fast wireless charger with the original samsung fast wall charger through the original samsung cable.
Based on physics, how can energy(ampere/voltage) passing through air be as efficient direct connection?

Or put it another way, the signal conductor in your phone can't produce enough wattage to charge as fast.

Last edited:

zeruel13

Reaction score
Based on physics, how can energy(ampere/voltage) passing through air be as efficient direct connection?

Or put it another way, the signal conductor in your phone can't produce enough wattage to charge as fast.

i'm not questioning law of physics.
I'm questioning samsung claim that their certain wireless charger can charge faster than the normal wireless charger.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm not questioning law of physics.
I'm questioning samsung claim that their certain wireless charger can charge faster than the normal wireless charger.

I don't know how their software or system can tell you that.
You can only find out yourself through comparison of various wireless charger, just like how ampere/voltage usb meter is used by testers to see which cable and charger combination best fit their phones.

earthtk

Reaction score

Change your cable. I have the chotech one and if I use a lousy wire, it will not display as fast wireless charging.

I have been reading the forum and some have thoughts as I figured these issues won't be solved so soon.

The s6 and s7 edge have bigger bezels but no tempered glass adhere properly. Even if they do (those coloured ones), they might only be good for a few hundred hours before being plagued by dust at the corners and beneath the screen. There will be sensitivity issues or dust entering the sides of the protectors with use. Not to mention halo effect on some too.

These issues are also found in renowned brands such as spigen. The only thing that really works are the film type protectors (PET or TPU). However they risk being flipped up by cases. So you might need to choose the right case.

If this doesn't convince anyone then maybe you can try learning the hard way which I did :(.

Video from youtube reviewer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuaEudu8kE&t=3s

Last edited:

Alkamizt

Reaction score
For those looking for the Samsung S8/S8+ starter kits, I got mine from Qoo10 at $69.90 (+$4 for S8+). It's the real thing. Comes with Samsung clear back cover, wireless charger and 2 pieces of plastic screen protectors.

I love the clear cover. Ditched my Samsung LED cover which was nice but hard to use because of the rear fingerprint scanner. The clear cover is super slim with a nice pillar separating the fingerprint scanner and the camera. Probably the closest we can get to using the phone naked. It won't save your phone if you drop it on concrete, but should minimize scratches in your daily usage.

I also bought a couple of pieces of tempered glass from Qoo10 at $9.90 per piece. As expected, it only adheres to the 4 edges. But it fits well and the screen remains quite sensitive. I'll use it for a while and switch over to the Samsung ones next time round.

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
those who have brought the DEX, can play video at the tv/monitor screen? use its own video player or can use our own installed player?

Alkamizt

Reaction score
those who have brought the DEX, can play video at the tv/monitor screen? use its own video player or can use our own installed player?

I read from some reviews that the DeX does not output audio through the HDMI, which means the sound only comes out from the tiny phone speaker. Better figure that out first before worrying about whether you can use alternative players.

jus4fun

Reaction score
Any one uses Healing Shield (or equivalent) SP for their S8/S8+? How does it compare to TGSP? If better, intend to get. Any gd plc in the North East area to recommend, where they do gd installation too? Thx

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read from some reviews that the DeX does not output audio through the HDMI, which means the sound only comes out from the tiny phone speaker. Better figure that out first before worrying about whether you can use alternative players.
I recall there headphone jack on dex. Just plug a speaker. Need to check when back home

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8 using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you should have fast wireless charging displayed as "fast charging wirelessly" if a compatible charger is used
or when you pull down the notification bar, it should also display likewise..

refer to:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.