Samsung S8 over heating on wireless charging

Hein

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just bought a Samsung S8 with a S8 starter pack, that includes a wireless charging....

When I use charge the phone through wireless charging, it gets really really hot but does not charge at all. I went to Samsung customer service, and they DO NOT WANT to entertain to my issue. The only thing they proposed was to leave the charger with them and they will send to Korea for evaluation. This charger is defective since I took it out of the box...

Anybody experienced such on the S8??? Samsung customer service is getting really irritating...... After escalating over and over and over again, they proposed for me to drive down AGAIN to their customer service for a check...

Any advise from you guys??? I love the S8, but totally do not trust the credibility of the customer service

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Send to Westgate better, I feel.

Hi All,

I have just bought a Samsung S8 with a S8 starter pack, that includes a wireless charging....

When I use charge the phone through wireless charging, it gets really really hot but does not charge at all. I went to Samsung customer service, and they DO NOT WANT to entertain to my issue. The only thing they proposed was to leave the charger with them and they will send to Korea for evaluation. This charger is defective since I took it out of the box...

Anybody experienced such on the S8??? Samsung customer service is getting really irritating...... After escalating over and over and over again, they proposed for me to drive down AGAIN to their customer service for a check...

Any advise from you guys??? I love the S8, but totally do not trust the credibility of the customer service

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

got use with Samsung fast adaptive charging brick?

Hein

Reaction score
got use with Samsung fast adaptive charging brick?

YES... I use the original one that came with the camera and even get the following message: "Fast charging wirelessly"

Most of the time, the phone heats up badly but the charge % does not change. On one time today, I managed to get 7% charge in 10mins, but most of the time, it doesn't charge....

I am kind of giving up on Samsung after today's incident at Plaza Sing. They don't really care than I have an issue and even mention that I bought an old wireless charger. However, this charger was bundled in a S8 starter pack.

I'll try to drop by Westgate if time permits, but I have already lost my Sunday because of this issue.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned in one of the threads that the "Samsung Service Centres" are actually 3rd party service centres branded under Samsung

So expect different levels of customer service and product knowledge at the different service centres

I believe the common consensus is to avoid the Plaza Sing service centre and go to the Westgate service centre. There are many many unpleasant experiences being reported from the Plaza Sing service centre while the Westgate service centre generally provide more positive experiences

Reaction score
Facing somewhat of a similar issue, except mine fast charges fine up to 87% once it reaches 88% it stops and gets really warm..

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please confirm your free wireless charger is like this and uses usb c, and an micro adapter is given

iu

abcwarrior

Reaction score
I notice this wireless charger is very fussy about how I position my S8+ . If the phone is a bit off to either side, it'll stop charging after a minute or so and the phone would heat up more than usual after a while, but not to the extent of being alarming. I left it outside the feng shui sweet spot the other day for half an hour and it only charged by 5%, and the phone became very warm. Happened a few times.

Now I'm a bit more careful with the placement and haven't experienced it since... just sharing :s8:

please confirm your free wireless charger is like this and uses usb c, and an micro adapter is given

iu

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Fast charging generally will create more heat be it cable or wireless. If you've your display on it will not really charge as quickly as well since it will cause even more heat. If you actively use the phone on the wireless charger it may or may not charge as quickly as you expect cause screen on will throttle the charging speed to reduce heat.

My wireless charger isn't one that fast charges but it does generate heat that some might feel as uncomfortable. Also charging the device can.. trigger application to do their scheduled jobs like syncing and refreshing if you have any of those kind of application. Might cause the CPU work up and generate heat to. I say observe for awhile more.. Try the cable method once in a while and see if it does get the same amount of heat?

Hein

Reaction score

iu

My starter pack came with the older model, which is not Type-C... That's the reason I believe the service centre said I bought an old wireless charger.

Facing somewhat of a similar issue, except mine fast charges fine up to 87% once it reaches 88% it stops and gets really warm..

Thinking about it...... When the phone had more than 80% of charge, it didn't charge at all and get BURNING HOT..... When it was below 80%, it does charge super slowly, but didn't get as hot.

Fast charging generally will create more heat be it cable or wireless. If you've your display on it will not really charge as quickly as well since it will cause even more heat. If you actively use the phone on the wireless charger it may or may not charge as quickly as you expect cause screen on will throttle the charging speed to reduce heat.

My wireless charger isn't one that fast charges but it does generate heat that some might feel as uncomfortable. Also charging the device can.. trigger application to do their scheduled jobs like syncing and refreshing if you have any of those kind of application. Might cause the CPU work up and generate heat to. I say observe for awhile more.. Try the cable method once in a while and see if it does get the same amount of heat?

Thanks... True... I had issues before on my Note 5, but it did charge slowly(almost full charge overnight)... I am not getting any full charge now..

Sadly, I have given up on Samsung customer service.... They are making it soooooo complicated that's it's cheaper to just ignore it and put the charger aside..... I'll get another charger when I have the time to go and get one.

It's sadly a shame that I didn't get any service from Samsung. Escalated to their customer service to get a manager to talk to me, but sadly, no manager entertained.... The service guys called me and asked me to bring my phone and charger AGAIN to their customer service....

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S8 and S8+ Starter Kit comes with a non-convertible fast charging stand. This non-convertible fast charging stands came out when S7 and S7edge is launched. I am using this stand to charge my S8+. It's does get hot but it is charging my S8+.

3XdWcRnl.jpg

The new convertible fast charging stand came out with S8 and S8+. You can use it as a charging stand or a charging pad.

MJfiKv9l.jpg

Sent from Samsung S8+ (SM-G955FD) using GAGT

aishamamri

Reaction score
Last edited:

Hein

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Because of my frustration, my wife went to buy me one of the newer wireless charger(Type-C and leather one).... It's working perfectly so far...

I still don't understand how come Samsung didn't want to entertain to my issue, considering that lots of people are having this issue and they still act blur; asking me to leave my new set with them for 2-3 weeks of investigation.

For now, I'll just have a white elephant at home. Wasted money on it.

In contrast, my wife 6 month old iPhone had a big white dot on the screen, and the apple service guys commited for a 2 day turn around.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In contrast, my wife 6 month old iPhone had a big white dot on the screen, and the apple service guys commited for a 2 day turn around.

buy iphone...

eric5001

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Because of my frustration, my wife went to buy me one of the newer wireless charger(Type-C and leather one).... It's working perfectly so far...

I still don't understand how come Samsung didn't want to entertain to my issue, considering that lots of people are having this issue and they still act blur; asking me to leave my new set with them for 2-3 weeks of investigation.

I have one leather one with me but still it will have issue once it heat up. If u are staying in a air-conditioning room , it will works fine.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually i believe back cover plays a part too. Too thick and the coils cant really detect thru the cover thus not charging and generating heat.

I am not using cover. Gets abit warm but no issue that u encounter.

Hope mine keep it that way.

On a side note. The charger from the starter kit high chance faulty.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.