HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Warranty card fill-in problem

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #1

Samsung Warranty card fill-in problem

Hey guys need some help over here. What does D/O mean on the warranty card? i dont get what i need to fill in. Thanks in Advance!
weinyeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #2

You can now choose to register warranty of your samsung device online.
Here the guide may helps.
peopleunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Delivery Order. You do not need to fill up that.
Some-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #4

Nowadays no need register already as long u got ur receipt..
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #5

alright guys i got this settled. thanks so much!
weinyeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #6

Nowadays no need register already as long u got ur receipt..
And what if it's bought from a second hand shop? Or let's say I got this samsung phone from Singtel. 1 month later I decided to sell it. And I have yet registered for the e warranty. Can the new buyer now register on the day he purchase the phone from me? And let's say the ink faded on the receipt. When he needs to send in the phone for repair services. Clearly he can't produce the receipt. Will he be denied for the service?
gnohnoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #7

And what if it's bought from a second hand shop? Or let's say I got this samsung phone from Singtel. 1 month later I decided to sell it. And I have yet registered for the e warranty. Can the new buyer now register on the day he purchase the phone from me? And let's say the ink faded on the receipt. When he needs to send in the phone for repair services. Clearly he can't produce the receipt. Will he be denied for the service?
From Samsung website it's clearly stated that the warranty is "from the date of original retail purchase". If you are Samsung, what will you do to protect yourself? Another way, from the phone Serial Number they can trace factory warranty date. If you don't have the original proof of purchase, it's likely they will based it on factory warranty date, which is obviously earlier than the date of purchase. No black and white, no case. You dunno meh???
kopitalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
SingTel Trial User

second hand shop does not issue receipts to buyer, but they do issue receipts to seller, this is part of the law. warranty starts from the date of purchase regardless of any situation, unless it is a pre-order product.

which date you register does matter, they will still look at the receipt.

it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure you keep a photocopy or picture of the original receipt, receipt fading away thus cannot see is not a valid excuse.

you can still request for service so long it is a local set, but you gonna pay for the service, or the warranty period starts from manufacturing date.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #9

strange
I bought my s5 from Samsung
I don't see what you saw on the warranty card
I mean my card does not have that D/O
malaikai2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.