HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Wave S8500

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #211
High Supremacy Member

But has this not been known for a long time already?

Iphone 4 / Ipad / Wave / galaxy S are all using the A8 clocked at 1GHZ

But the difference with the Iphone 4/ Ipad is that the A4 soc is their custom architecture, while the Wave and Galaxy is is using the "Hummingbird" architecture.

Correct?
That depends who you're asking...

Who knows? Apple is very tight about it's stuff.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #212

Hi guys, any fans of 3D shooter games? Well good news for you as the popular ExZeus game will be coming to the Wave soon. Here's a link for a preview of the game running on the Wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YMJ-H4c-4

Oh btw, I saw from Samsung firmwares that there is a new firmware out for the asian markets, its S8500DXJEA. Anybody update to that version yet or have a changelog for that version?
the JEA firmware is available for update via samsung kies. no need to use the other way to flash.

i'm updating right now. will feedback once the upgrade is done.

update 1:
i think the upgrade just brink my phone...hope the restore works..

update 2:
the restore works. but it restored to the new version JEA. Weird. I just did a hardreset of the phone. Time to test out.

Last edited by spectralblade; 09-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: upgrade done???
spectralblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #213

Re

the JEA firmware is available for update via samsung kies. no need to use the other way to flash.

update 1:

update 2:
the restore works. but it restored to the new version JEA. Weird. I just did a hardreset of the phone. Time to test out.
Btw for updates of firmware such as these, what do I need to take note off? Do I need to backup my contacts and stuff if they are all stored in the SIM Card and Microsd?
cyberac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #214

Btw for updates of firmware such as these, what do I need to take note off? Do I need to backup my contacts and stuff if they are all stored in the SIM Card and Microsd?
if they are stored inside your SIM Card and MicroSD, then dun need to backup those.

A few things that unable to backup - calendar events and sms that are save to your phone memory.

For calendar, samsung kies don't recognise our phone calendar.. but it can be sync over to our phone only for calendar that you have backup from another phone. In this case, i sync it backup from my omnia2.

For sms, there is no way to sync it back to our phone...

Last edited by spectralblade; 09-06-2010 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: correction on the backup of calendar
Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #215

update 1:

update 2:
after playing for awhile, dun really see much difference except the starhub tv widget is gone.
seems like i'm not able to sync back the calendar with the my previous phone calendar data after the upgrade. previous it was ok.. hmm..

update on the syncing back of calendar for non-outlook calendar:
found the problem. due to the version of the kies program.
This version: Kies_1.5.1.10054_14.exe is able to sync calendar to our phone and view our calendar event for wave from kies.
This version: Kies_1.5.1.10054_79.exe is not able to sync calendar to our phone and cannot even view our calendar event for wave as it says its not recognizable.

Last edited by spectralblade; 10-06-2010 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: syncing back of calendar
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #216

hi, i'm using wave currently. I can't log in to msn using the preinstalled software, palringo. It says login incorrect. anyone facing this issue?
terry2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #217

Anyone using Samsung Kies on 64bits Windows 7?
xbcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #218

hi, i'm using wave currently. I can't log in to msn using the preinstalled software, palringo. It says login incorrect. anyone facing this issue?
our current version of palringo do not have msn. yours have?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #219

our current version of palringo do not have msn. yours have?
On my Palringo I only have AIM and Google talk.

Howbout others?

Also to add, I installed Palringo on my Desktop PC then added many services, yahoo, msn, google.

But once I login to my phone palringo. It say some services are not supported by this version of palringo.

I hope future updates will give us the full version where all services will be activated.
babyjosef17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #220

On my Palringo I only have AIM and Google talk.

Howbout others?

Also to add, I installed Palringo on my Desktop PC then added many services, yahoo, msn, google.

But once I login to my phone palringo. It say some services are not supported by this version of palringo.

I hope future updates will give us the full version where all services will be activated.
Same. only AIM and Google Talk.

theres a beta version going on:
http://www.palringo.com/en/gb/forum/...ung-wave-t5329

dunno what it have.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #221

Same. only AIM and Google Talk.

theres a beta version going on:
http://www.palringo.com/en/gb/forum/...ung-wave-t5329

dunno what it have.
Thanks for the link. I don't think I will try it. I will just leave that ****ty palringo and not use it haha! Seeing how Bada app store is growing, the other IM site will soon make their own app. Well Hopefully. Yahoo are you listening? Make a YM app for bada NOW !!!!

How is the firmware upgrade going? So far everything still the same?
babyjosef17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #222

Thanks for the link. I don't think I will try it. I will just leave that ****ty palringo and not use it haha! Seeing how Bada app store is growing, the other IM site will soon make their own app. Well Hopefully. Yahoo are you listening? Make a YM app for bada NOW !!!!

How is the firmware upgrade going? So far everything still the same?
the firmware upgrade seems the same. i haven try out loading a very heavy website for the browser as previously other ppl complains that it will close all other applications.

For my starhub set, it came with the starhub tv widget. after the upgrade, its gone..

Most importantly, they should come up with backup program for bada. cannot restore back sms from kies, newest version of kies cannot backup calendar.. all my save games gone, so no point getting those rpg games..
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #223

Just change from milestone to wave yesterday lol..... Few question, noob in bada here ;p

1. if upgrade your wave firmware using kies, will it wipe off all my data?
2. anyone got problem watch starhub tv, my cannot access dunno y le... starhub line using starhub set.....
Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #224

Just change from milestone to wave yesterday lol..... Few question, noob in bada here ;p

1. if upgrade your wave firmware using kies, will it wipe off all my data?
2. anyone got problem watch starhub tv, my cannot access dunno y le... starhub line using starhub set.....
1. all data will be gone.. kies can only backup your calendar and contacts. sms can backup but you won't be able to sync it back to your phone.. this version of Kies_1.5.1.10054_14.exe can sync back calendar, the newer version cannot..

2. never tried out. after the firmware upgrade, for mine its gone.. is your gprs working?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #225

1. all data will be gone.. kies can only backup your calendar and contacts. sms can backup but you won't be able to sync it back to your phone.. this version of Kies_1.5.1.10054_14.exe can sync back calendar, the newer version cannot..

2. never tried out. after the firmware upgrade, for mine its gone.. is your gprs working?
hmm my gprs work fine le...

for contact and calendar, i using exchange sync with gmail, just like google sync on android...
how about all preinstall game will be gone too? like Asphalt5

i also found out there no google map >.< hope they release for bada soon
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.