Should WE talk about ROOT Note 3

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually if u know wat u doing is quite safe
linux vali hard to crashed, normally user problem
so read and read instruction b4 rooting :)

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
cannot stand how hot my phone gets during a short session of coc and total conquest
went ahead to root and installed setcpu, encountered problems with setcpu

went to play store to download an alternative, down clocked my phone to 1ghz from 2.3ghz
the game now runs fine and the phone doesn't get so hot anymore
battery life doesn't seem to have improved though, battery caster still reports 4hrs till 0%

Syraxius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot stand how hot my phone gets during a short session of coc and total conquest

went to play store to download an alternative, down clocked my phone to 1ghz from 2.3ghz
battery life doesn't seem to have improved though, battery caster still reports 4hrs till 0%
You do not actually need to root to mess with the phone's CPU governor. By default, you can actually set it to use Conservative governor (similar to Smartass) by enabling "Power saving mode" in your settings. Conservative governor will downclock your phone to 300Mhz when your screen is off, and only incrementally increase your CPU when your screen is on and when it's required. There is negligible performance impact from that.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Once you trigger Knox you can forget about warranty. I think this is something like an efuse Motorola puts in their phones.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
realise so many bloatwares....think the most for all N's
how to not root ..............

test the phone hardware /software for 1 wk first before diving in

ferr4ri

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody rooted and unable to rcv the OTA update?

How do you plan to get the updates?

walkingcorpse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hearsay root_de_la_vega.zip from xda can prevent trigger 0x1, don't know how true is it. camping for n9005 ones.

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I wanna do this too...
and use greenify...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.