Switch from Iphone to Galaxy Notes??

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #1

Switch from Iphone to Galaxy Notes??

I'm currently a Iphone user.

If I get a Iphone 4S or 5, I can easily transfer everything from Outlook to Iphone 4S. But as for Galaxy note, I wonder whether can the data be easily transferred to Galaxy Note via Outlook or you need special tools, and whether the transferred is 100% complete.

A part from the bigger screen, why do you prefer Galaxy Notes over Iphone?
billcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

If I get a Iphone 4S or 5, I can easily transfer everything from Outlook to Iphone 4S. But as for Galaxy note, I wonder whether can the data be easily transferred to Galaxy Note via Outlook or you need special tools, and whether the transferred is 100% complete.

In the first place, do you think it's just a screen size that makes people move from iOS to Android?

Best way to transfer is to sync ur Outlook to Google. Everything else from Google to phone is automated.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

The main reason why I switched from iPhone 4 to galaxy note is really the size . After migrating then I realised I have missed out too much previously. Now I find Android more superior although not as fast as ios. Only Singapore flooded with iPhones and their hardcore fans
rarenick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Master Member

The iOS gui appears to be fast because there's no true multitasking..more priority is given to the gui more than anything else.
N3wXTyp3 likes this.

Last edited by davi502; 23-02-2012 at 07:58 PM..
davi502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Everyday, it seems there will be such a thread being generated.

With google phone, there is nothing to transfer. Android users can afford to lose their phone with no loss to contacts or sms.
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Master Member

SMS? With 3rd party apps installed to do backing up or via Samsung Kies you mean?
Old 24-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

SMS? With 3rd party apps installed to do backing up or via Samsung Kies you mean?

Use app lo. OTA and real time. Shiok
Old 25-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Everyday, it seems there will be such a thread being generated.

With google phone, there is nothing to transfer. Android users can afford to lose their phone with no loss to contacts or sms.
Yeah loh, I guessed most Iphone users are very tempted to transfer to android due to a larger screen............................

Why there wasn't any thread on Android to IOS ?

But Android is for people who wanted to explore more & the good thing is it more flexible. Music/video transferred doesn't need any third party software........................
Jeremy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Yeah loh, I guessed most Iphone users are very tempted to transfer to android due to a larger screen............................

Why there wasn't any thread on Android to IOS ?

But Android is for people who wanted to explore more & the good thing is it more flexible. Music/video transferred doesn't need any third party software........................
Yea!rmvb and avi in native format. Most ultimate is flash!!! Lol
Old 27-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #10

I wanted to test and transfer the contacts from Iphone to Galaxy Note but have a issue.

I notice that everytime I do a direct Google Sync, my Iphone contacts will show as double or triple? is there a limitation to Google Sync?
billcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

i remember last time when i first use HTC DHD, there was a function to transfer from iphone to HTC directly without use of google. wonder if i remember correctly.
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
Master Member

You are not wrong. Its part of the setup wizard installed on HTC android models.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

You are not wrong. Its part of the setup wizard installed on HTC android models.
oh, seems like my memory still working fine. so only for HTC phones?
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

still waiting for andriod instagram!!
Old 28-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

I wanted to test and transfer the contacts from Iphone to Galaxy Note but have a issue.

I notice that everytime I do a direct Google Sync, my Iphone contacts will show as double or triple? is there a limitation to Google Sync?
Use orbicontacts to transfer bro.

After u setup yr google sync, there is a new contact group created. Then use orbicontacts to copy from iphone to google sync group. Check yr gmail to ensure all is sync. After that, just use orbicontacts to delete the iphone group contacts.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.