Switching from iOS to Android

Moniker

Reaction score
May I ask if anyone here switched from iOS to android by backing up to Google drive on iOS and transfer to Android?

I am very tempted to switch to Note 8, the iphone X seems like a major disappointment with that ugly notch

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask if anyone here switched from iOS to android by backing up to Google drive on iOS and transfer to Android?

I am very tempted to switch to Note 8, the iphone X seems like a major disappointment with that ugly notch

there is an easier way to switch. Just download smartswitch app on both phones to switch. Trf data, notes and other stuffs over. Personally i've not used iOS before, but this is another way to switch if you lazy to move one by one

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung SmartSwitch does not transfer every single data in the phone.

Contents from messaging apps like WhatsApp, LINE, WeChat, etc, are not transferred. You will need to use paid apps to migrate these messaging app content over or backup the contents of these apps somewhere then save into the new phone.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can't use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer from iOS to Android can you? The apps and the settings don't get transferred over do they??? I guess it's only the address book perhaps... cos the two operating systems are so different... even the same app operates differently with even UI differences...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.