This PC Show quite bad. Still cant fight Amazon

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
This point alone motivates me to keep going down to such IT fairs year after year... Just to touch, after that purchase online from wherever that's cheaper. ;P

Don't boycott la.. Later cannot do this anymore.. Doing so already punish b&m retailers liao. Let them pay for display and test purpose. :p

I would just go to SLS any weekend to see the item I want. IT Fair too many people and most importantly two things that those promoter don't know: THIS don't know, THAT also don't know. Pui.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, yesterday I went down to the event to do my own research on this issue. Bottom-line is : Nowadays the IT Fair is unlike yesteryear's. Difficult to find good deals & discount liao.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would just go to SLS any weekend to see the item I want. IT Fair too many people and most importantly two things that those promoter don't know: THIS don't know, THAT also don't know. Pui.

One needs to do homework before hooting, no point expecting sales stuff to know your stuff.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Some tricks the sellers use :
1. Mark up the price, cancel it, then mark down the price to its usual selling price. Eg. $599, then cross out the $599 tag, then beside this cross out price put down its usual price of $499.
2. One microSD storage card distributor always display very good price eg. 16GB 300x $5. When you want to buy, will tell you out of stock & offer you a bigger GB size. Kena twice already, even on Day 1 of fair.
Know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to banned this supplier & buy from parallel importers instead.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

qwerty_111

Reaction score
Typical Singapore retailers driving up margin. No spectacular deals or anything like that. Same old stocks take out to resell again.

Gonna sit this one out

i also think like that. no discounts over items. so i rather buy from amazon whose items are cheaper than singapore shops.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
i also think like that. no discounts over items. so i rather buy from amazon whose items are cheaper than singapore shops.
Some shrewd business men even set up a few shops to form a private consortium to set the market price of goods. Anti-competitive behavior. Like the price fixing of microSD cards??
I highly suspected this is happening today, based on the unusually huge price hikes seen.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

mMythos

Reaction score
Well for some items, yes Amazon are cheaper.
But need to make sure, Free shipping to sg and less than S$400 to avoid GST.

To be a true Singaporean, list of the items on Amazon that you want to buy in Excel.
Compare it with local IT shops and IT show.

If they are only few bucks cheaper buy it at IT show.
Keep in mind about local warranty is always better and it is also good to support local business and pay tax, well at least for me :)

Don't forget the power supply is different as well.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the promoters mostly only earn $7/hour and mostly ginna pis working part time during their free time/holidays// what you expect ? haha

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought this last mth on amazon:
DXjRYtJ.png

ITShow17 selling $199

doubled the price....

duckling

Master Member
Reaction score
Dell SE 2717H 27" Screen $239 can buy for office use?

Can't seems to find lower price else where but parking would be a problem.

michaelfun

Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of hatred and unhappiness in your life.
If u don't want to see or buy from them, nobody will force you.
Who are u to teach anyone a lesson?

only non tech-savvy folks contribute to these retailers margins. If we as consumers wanna showcase our bargaining power, we should boycott all these conventions and buy from cheaper avenues online.

need to teach this brick and mortar firms a lesson. Worst case is they give shitting service like we owe them a living.

michaelfun

Reaction score
Lol.i also consumer la. IT show is just an event to see and feel things, experience the atmosphere. Everyone is just earning for a living, so why make things difficult for those guys? Cheap,buy. Ex,dont buy. Why talk abt teaching lesson? Agree?

Why you so mad? You business owner?

lazybee

Reaction score
Don't forget the power supply is different as well.

I brought my FSP SFX 300W power supply in Amazon. It take in 110-240V so this is not an issue. Some general electronics (laptop, etc) do take in a range of voltage.

I also brought silverstone ML056B from amazon(S$70) together because only Fuwell sell it and it charge S$99. Saving of S$29!

All these are free shipping due to US$125 spend in my computer parts (+external DVD-rw, etc), and cannot be found in qoo10.

Qoo10 is cheap for certain items(SSD) using coupons, but is limited for computer parts.

I look though this year brochures but they kinda are more expensive than retail shops (cybermind, etc).

Last edited:

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The shops participating in these "shows" are also out to make profits
None of them care about introducing or showcasing latest products, or aboutbeating Amazon or Taobao prices to giving consumers the best deal. In fact it's more like a Pasar malam imho
Don't expect too much

Personally I pai seh to recommend this show to my overseas colleagues lol

addictzz

Reaction score
Bought this last mth on amazon:
DXjRYtJ.png

ITShow17 selling $199

doubled the price....

How did you even get it for $71? Lowest price for that item was $99.

Anyway, buy standard stuff from Amazon. Small stuff like card reader, etc. buy from local.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.