Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's worth it to learn driving in Woodlands, when the driving test will be elsewhere... Unless if you wait until SSDC move to Woodlands lah, which will be in March this year. Even then, I don't know if the PDIs would know which routes to teach you.

My dad swears by Mr Chua from Woodlands Driving School (call the same number, but specify that you want to learn from Mr Chua), but Mr Chua was too busy and honestly, he seemed to be very reluctant to take me on as a new student months ago. I learned from Albert Yap who sucks, so don't learn from him (check out my previous posts in this thread).

All the best for your PDI search! :)

test dates for ssdc is till apr. ssdc is moving to woodlands on 2nd march, but tp will be held at yck till the 25th.

"We are moving to Woodlands on 2 March 2010. From 1 March to 25 March 2010, Traffic Police Practical and Theory are still conducted in SSDC (Ang Mo Kio)." - quoted from ssdcl.com.sg

some of the PDIs frm yck have already started teaching in wdls if im not wrong. :)

cyberian

Reaction score
I need a refresher course, auto car. Can recommend a good and patient instructor in Tampines area?

zuldevil

Reaction score
test dates for ssdc is till apr. ssdc is moving to woodlands on 2nd march, but tp will be held at yck till the 25th.

"We are moving to Woodlands on 2 March 2010. From 1 March to 25 March 2010, Traffic Police Practical and Theory are still conducted in SSDC (Ang Mo Kio)." - quoted from ssdcl.com.sg

some of the PDIs frm yck have already started teaching in wdls if im not wrong. :)

Yeah, I read that from the website too... My friends and family have noticed many L plate cars around Admiralty area. I guess the PDIs have contacts who gave them the test route info? Haha.

slsquare

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have reliable and good PDI to recommend? i having TP soon end of March but the slot in CDC is pretty much full.. need to book PDI to practise and touch up more before my TP.

can anyone with good recommendation PM me?

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have reliable and good PDI to recommend? i having TP soon end of March but the slot in CDC is pretty much full.. need to book PDI to practise and touch up more before my TP.

can anyone with good recommendation PM me?

dont u have your OWN PDI? if not, u stable enough to learn within slightly more than one mth?:look:

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
if learn with cdc then stick to it, you paid ur enrolments fees one.

Go private also need enrolment fees.

lgp.rebecca

Reaction score
hi, i will to check if anyone has been taught by Mr Eng Lye Choon ? is he good? Thanks in advance :D

kao

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone good instructors to recommend for SSDC. Heard they are moving to Woods from 1 Apr 10.

A second timer. Have failed at CDC b4. Want to change to another test centre as ubi very crowded and test dates very far.

Appreciated as want to clear this asap.

Tx

zuldevil

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm here to gladly recommend my private driving instructor to you guys. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I enrolled with Regent Driving Centre, and one of the instructors I got (and stuck with), was Mr Yeo.

He's a damn patient instructor, and is a very reasonable man. He doesn't scold or nag, but he points out my errors and has a conversation with me about it. Some instructors only see things from their point of view, but Mr Yeo tries to see things from the students' perspectives as well, and goes out of his way to help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

For all that, and for the fact that I just passed my driving test just now on my first attempt, I will gladly recommend to you to learn from Mr Yeo. :)

Meeting point is at Bukit Gombak MRT station, and the test centre is at BBDC. The car is a manual transmission Honda City. His handphone number is 81833232. If he asks you to call Regent Driving Centre to book appointments (I started out this way), then go ahead and call the guy in charge, Mr Ong at 98587573, but specify that you want to learn from Mr Yeo.

Now go give Mr Yeo a call and tell him Zul sent ya. :D

All the best, guys!

Edit : Have to thank leonard90 as well, for recommending me to call Mr Ong, even though I didn't learn from him in the end. Thanks leonard90! :)

Edit : If you call Mr Ong when booking appointments, make sure you specify that you want to learn from Mr Yeo! Mr Ong does most of the instructor allocation and he sometimes ignore what you want! He often tries to offload an instructor called Mr Cheng, and this guy can't teach worth a &%*#$!

Updated pricing, thanks to valuesniper :

In case any one needs to know the charges/fees:

One time registration fee: $50
Off peak : $28 per hour (Mon- Fri 9am – 6pm)
Peak: $30 per hour (Mon – Fri after 6pm, weekends and public holidays)
Private circuit: $50 (unlimited usage)
Booking for car for TP test: $150
BBDC circuit: $33

Last edited:

shakeyourhead

Reaction score
hi guys.

i'm looking for a class 3A driving instructor. I live in bedok south and i have experience of driving an auto car overseas before.

kindly PM me thanks!!

KTVFanatic

Reaction score
need an instructor at woodland area too . best if he pick n fetch

looking for one also =). Anyone here knows any reliable instructors in e north?? Just another note: Looking for manual cars xD

Kindly PM me thx!

Last edited:

ydobon

Reaction score
Hey, i stay in the east. anyone knows of a good auto instructor? preferably tampines. pasir ris will do fine. and what's the average price they quote?

Bathtub81

Reaction score
Just got my licence on 1st attemp with this instructor:-

Mr William Lek - 9021-5833
Car - Manual, Mit Lancer
Feedback - Patient, kind, nv scold ppl (at least nv scold me)
Base - He's registered with @ Ubi driving school
Pickup - YCC MRT

Last of all, i think pass or fail is base on individual progress. So i'm not sure about his passing rate. Most important is comfortable with the instructor teaching you :D

Bathtub81

Reaction score
hey dude. ive just failed my tp last thurs and yes, my "instructor" was LAW NG KWEE. initially i thought the exact same way as you, like perhaps just tahan a few more lessons till tp and nv see his ***** face again. but i really regret it man. the way he "teaches" is really unacceptable. esp on the tp day itself, right before the test i asked if there was anything i cud improve on, he said to ask the tester later. tt was totally wtf? fyi i failed cos of neglected blindspots(exactly as u mentioned).

to be honest i was rather surprised and excited to find ur post regarding him. i tot i was the only one taking in all tt **** ahah. anyway if u treasure ure money, time and blood pressure, just ditch the **** and find someone else.

To be honest, blindspot is the killer (thats what i feel), even thou i turn my head until almost drop off. I too, got -16 off blindspot, well no other mistakes thats y i pass =D I felt tester always deduct points off blindspot. Must take note :s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.