Any place got sell taiwan 太陽餅?

ahpipi

Reaction score
UPDATE AS AT 22 NOV 2008,

LOL, Finally, today I have got the time to go hunting Chinatown for my favourite Sun Cake,
Been to First Emporium supermart at People's Park, but was told no stock...= ="
THEN almost searching aimlessly, it appear right infront of my eye @=@

And the only place I found in Chinatown selling is:
Yue Hwa Chinese Products Main Shop
It is at the 3rd Level which they are selling korean food, chinese instant noodles.
There are 2 brands they are selling there, so I bought 2 of them.

suncake1ps3.jpg

suncake4ve5.jpg

suncake3qb6.jpg

suncake2us2.jpg

and finally my receipt:
receiptqb3.jpg

so you may ask which one taste best??
My family voted for the 皇族 royal family. So, what people say is true, good things dont come cheap :p LOL
For 6 pcs, 皇族 royal family suncake it cost $7.90, there are3 favor honey (the one I bought), orange, chocolate.

I bought the 老太阳堂 14pcs pack at $15.90/box, saw them selling the 8pcs/box for 9.50

well there you go, for those suncake lovers, enjoy your suncake and please....dont buy all royal family honey flavour suncake...leave some
for me ~"~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tried it after my mom got it from taiwan airport and simply love it...
still craving for it ~"~

DSC03639.JPG

if anyone know tell me please!

thank you

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
marina square and the central got this Taiwan Lao Zhao Pai... but not sure if i has closed or not because when i visit their website http://www.laozhaopai.com/ it says that they have ceased operation... :(

regards,
wacky

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah so unlucky for me to hear this news ~"~
thanks wackykid anyway.

i've bought sun biscuit from lao zhao pai b4...... and yeah i love sun biscuits... first had it in taiwan... loved it so much... much nicer than wife biscuits...

you can also try china town... there is a place which i've bought sun biscuits before lao zhao pai... forgot wat it is called... it is at the building beside yue hwa building... there is a super mart on the ground floor which sometimes sells sun biscuits... i think it's cheaper there too... but the packaging is more ordinary... the one that sells at lao zhao pai is pretty ex... but considering the nice packaging and that you don't have to go all the way to taiwan to buy... i think it's reasonable price... but too bad their business doesn't seem very good... :crazy:

regards,
wacky

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First Emporium @ the building opp OG Chinatown.
The building has lots of money changes :o

Sometimes they will import Tai Yang Bing.

radish

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
i saw them at the centro mall basement
walk ard u wont miss the shop

last time marina sq have this tw tidbit shop
they have it but now closed liao :(

i bought abt 20 boxes of them when i was at tw jiu fen
no joke 20, filled 70% of my luggage all orders from relatives and frens :(

ahpipi

Reaction score
okie okie I wll go Yue Hwa and central mall see see.

To Radish, lol my mom bought 2 boxes and I am responsible for 1 n haf empty box within 3days ><"

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First Emporium @ the building opp OG Chinatown.
The building has lots of money changes :o

Sometimes they will import Tai Yang Bing.

ah... yes yes... it's the First Emporium that i first got my sun biscuits in sgp...

ooo so the one at the central mall is still opened...? cos i tot they were the same franchise as the one in marina square... and the website said they ceased operations...

as for yue hwa... didn't know they carry sun biscuits now! last time (that was many yrs ago) i did explore there several times to see if they carry sun biscuits... but no....

regards,
wacky

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw them at the centro mall basement
walk ard u wont miss the shop

last time marina sq have this tw tidbit shop
they have it but now closed liao :(

i bought abt 20 boxes of them when i was at tw jiu fen
no joke 20, filled 70% of my luggage all orders from relatives and frens :(

The Central @ Clarke Quay mrt?

Kaki369

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what's this? not lao po bing right? how does it taste like and whats the filling?

tinydot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iirc, it's abit similar to our traditional ma-ti su, but much softer, and yeah it tastes good!

katarina

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought this in TW...still have somemore~~~:s22:

prefer zong tong bing to tai yang bing

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is a taiwan food fair at white sands pasir ris ground floor by guardian pharmacy... not sure if it is still on... but i went there on monday... they are selling 太陽餅... costs $9.50 per box... there are 8 pieces inside each box... the packaging is *very* similiar to the one in the picture in the earlier post i made on top... i bought a box... it's fantastic... thinking to go down again tomorrow to get another box or two... :)

regards,
wacky

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.