Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #121

Yes and No.

What I observed about the sellers is that they know which show does not have buffer issue and they will demonstrate that.

Many of the storage device don't have storage capacity to store the show (unlike a PC or laptop). In some device liked mine, the buffering is only for a few seconds.

Enough practice will make perfect. As a presenter I won't press something that I know it won't work. I will only press something that works.

The SL sellers are only using 2MB mobile internet.

If it looks smooth, very often it is because they are playing back some movies that they have already buffered into the storage device. It's a trick they use to fool a lot of people.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #122

Yes and No.

What I observed about the sellers is that they know which show does not have buffer issue and they will demonstrate that.

Many of the storage device don't have storage capacity to store the show (unlike a PC or laptop). In some device liked mine, the buffering is only for a few seconds.

Enough practice will make perfect. As a presenter I won't press something that I know it won't work. I will only press something that works.
Huh? I always assumed it was possible to buffer and even dl shows onto permanent storage. My player allows me to do that but if yours cannot then I guess it depends on the player. I would not buy a player that doesn't allow me to archive since I m on a low Internet plan so I usually dl and then watch later to avoid all the stops and starts

Edit: Btw mine is just iVOD device without live TV so it may be different

Last edited by surefire888; 12-12-2011 at 07:38 PM..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.