SMU Bachelor of Accountancy

nghanying

Reaction score
Hello there!

I am currently serving National Service and will be enrolling into SMU Bachelor of Accountancy on August 2016.

I am honestly relatively new to accountancy, just a few questions in my head which I hope you guys can help me clarify

1. What would I be expecting in the course?
2. I want to start preparing myself before school start, how can I start off?
3. In regards to the major, I'm interested in Investment Banking, how can I find out more about it?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could PM me for me to ask some questions in regards to the course

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Han

stylish troll

Reaction score
1) Expect yourself to be able to better analyse financial statements after the degree

2) numbers, just make sure u read up some basic accounting financial terms to prepare yourself. In addition, 1st year of SMU modules tend to cover more "general" ones, including business law and stuff etc.

3) Accountancy degree only offers 3 tracks which dosent include IB, u might wanna look at the double major as IB falls under the finance major in the Business degree. Since you have 1 more year to decide and u know that u want IB, r u sure that u want to pursue accountancy?

Cheers.

gilbertlaw

Reaction score
ACCT 335, AY2016/17 S2

looking for current (AY2016/17 S2) SMU ACCT 335 students for possible collaborative projects. Pls PM for details. thanks

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to top up my degree mid-term to a double degree when studying in SMU?

Let's say I will be doing a Business Mangement Degree.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.