SMU ppl come ah!

SlackMon-Ster

Reaction score
There is Oasis and E-learn. Is it true that we find all our course resources from E-learn?

I realised that the courses name have all been uploaded to e-learn. When will the professor upload course description and materials? I keep browsing found nothing leh.
you under Msc leh. here all is Bachelor nia. hahaha so i think hard for someone to answer you.

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The system the same one leh. I think undergrad also use elearn and oasis.

I think two prof upload Liao so my query solved.

yesh...same...

basically oasis is more towards general school items...all the official school stuffs like official grades, official course timetable etc

elearn is more specific, course related items....

during term time, you will utilise more of elearn rather than oasis....

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tell you that 80 hours of CSP is compulsory for you to graduate and how to go about doing it. Do note that it is compulsory for you to attend before you clock any hours. Any hours you clocked before the briefing will not be counted.

Pro-tip: finish your CSP requirements before the start of year 3. I am working part time in a school office and had once soon-to-be graduates coming to us hard pressed for CSP hours for an event we put on OnTrac. Kind of hard to give the hours without justifications...

Another tip for new comers.

If can, clear it at year 1. It's actually very possible unless you ord like late july (then maybe a bit hard). For me, I ord at June, clear 60++ hours before school starts and cleared another 40 during year 1 term 1.

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
school starts in mid aug...

most orientation activities shld have started thats why u see alot of peeps walking around...

Some IS students are also going to school often to prepare for a module, IS480. :s13:

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some IS students are also going to school often to prepare for a module, IS480. :s13:

not to mention still got several summer term mods going on ..

haha...but bulk of the peeps u see in sch are orientation peeps bah

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another tip for new comers.

If can, clear it at year 1. It's actually very possible unless you ord like late july (then maybe a bit hard). For me, I ord at June, clear 60++ hours before school starts and cleared another 40 during year 1 term 1.

yes...agree with this......

because u r going to get busier later on...clear it fast...

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
How can I access the group study room? Must book?
In NUS, the library got small room in library to study. Smu got or not as I never explore the library

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In NUS, the library got small room in library to study. Smu got or not as I never explore the library

yes to both questions. However, if you see any rooms which are empty. Just go in until someone opens it and say "sorry, we book this room" :)

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
yes to both questions. However, if you see any rooms which are empty. Just go in until someone opens it and say "sorry, we book this room" :)

Thanks

I tried tap and they say invalid zone leh. Maybe my card no access to this room. Actually just looking for a good place to take a nap.

I saw someone sleeping flat down on sofa at level 3 (go in turn right). Most important thing is that the sofa is hidden from view hehe

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

by right must book...but now off peak period so its ok...anyway, fyi u can book in oasis

hello_goodbye12345

Reaction score
Exemptions

How will smu inform us of which modules we are exempted? Via oasis or mail? & anyone able to view their exemptions on oasis already?

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How will smu inform us of which modules we are exempted? Via oasis or mail? & anyone able to view their exemptions on oasis already?

they normally wun email you to inform unless you got specifically apply for specific exemptions...

check oasis > Study > Examinations & Results > View My Exemptions/Credit Transfers

there should show...as for by when will show i cant be sure

UnknownGirl

Reaction score
they normally wun email you to inform unless you got specifically apply for specific exemptions...

check oasis > Study > Examinations & Results > View My Exemptions/Credit Transfers

there should show...as for by when will show i cant be sure

For Poly student. there are either 1 or 2 courses in GES exemption right? Is that automatically exempted or we need to apply for it? Currently I do not have any exemptions stated in OASIS :s11:

SlackMon-Ster

Reaction score
For Poly student. there are either 1 or 2 courses in GES exemption right? Is that automatically exempted or we need to apply for it? Currently I do not have any exemptions stated in OASIS :s11:

I have 3cu exempted. I submitted my academic result only and it just appear.

UnknownGirl

Reaction score
I have 3cu exempted. I submitted my academic result only and it just appear.

U submitted the academic result during the uni admission application and it auto appear? I think maybe I just matriculated 2 weeks ago, it have not update on the exemption.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.