Tools to open VM files

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys may I ask does anyone use any tools to open files created by the VM, as my VM has corrupted my files and im trying to open up and see if i an extract anything and replace onto another system.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys may I ask does anyone use any tools to open files created by the VM, as my VM has corrupted my files and im trying to open up and see if i an extract anything and replace onto another system.

LOL..

i am sorry to say, it does not work that way.

hahahhahaa

what Platform you using?

VMWare workstation or what? please list the full software name

and can you please provide in details what do you mean by corrupted

what are you trying to extract

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was using those android emualtor like NOx and droid4x. Due that one time my ** trips and all the VM Fies got msg unable to open the files.

Beside that its the application data that I need to extract out.

_Dave_

Reaction score
so are the files on the VM? or is it a shared library i.e. files reside on host OS, and guest OS can access through shared drive?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so are the files on the VM? or is it a shared library i.e. files reside on host OS, and guest OS can access through shared drive?

yes, they are in the .vmdk

and nope i dun think its shared library, can only extract data in .vmdk file.

_Dave_

Reaction score
i havent done this before, but this kinda sounds like you need a forensics tool. try looking for encase or ftk. non-free though.

lslizzysmith002

Reaction score
Suggestion

Hi ZrE0_Cha0s,

I would like to suggest you Stellar Phoenix Virtual Machine Data Recovery, which can easily recover all data from VM that are lost due to formatting and files system corruption.

You can try this software to resolve your issue.

Good Luck!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ZrE0_Cha0s,

I would like to suggest you Stellar Phoenix Virtual Machine Data Recovery, which can easily recover all data from VM that are lost due to formatting and files system corruption.

You can try this software to resolve your issue.

Good Luck!

ok, thx for the help. will try it out and see. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.