ONE is here. XZ1, XZ1 Compact, X1.

fergsu

Reaction score
Japs are slow and steady one, pls don't rush them into a half baked prototype that might.... 💣

Donten

Reaction score
They just give the release date at later time.
If being late is a problem for you, then look elsewhere.

Where in my post did I say it was a benefit, or are you blinded by your own opinion that you are imagining it.

I only said some early release of phones by brands you mentioned, which one does not have software issues or explosive incidents that they could have solved it before official retail.

Seriously if you cannot wait then do not bother to wait.
What point does it make by calling names in order to get everyone to agree with you.

Anyway, if your naming scheme makes you feel wonderful and young again like a teenager, feel free to do so.

Chill man. :D
I can't be bothered with you already. You are beyond retarded. You can't read at all. Peace man.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japs are slow and steady one, pls don't rush them into a half baked prototype that might.... 💣

lotsa unrealistic demands ba... People just tend to go, "wow! look at this cool new design from XXX brand! And everybody else is following it!" and then expect everybody else to adopt this trend.

little 'bezel' space to me just means more accidental touches and licks. Curved display corners just mean hard to find a decent screen protector.

We all just have to deal with whatever we get. Look at Apple. Though their 10th version has finally removed that stupid useless button at the bottom, which droids (except for a certain lame Korean brand trying very hard to be an Apple copycat) dumped the concept of physical buttons almost half a decade ago, you don't see them whine to Apple about no keeping up with the times.

Look at Japan. Alot of them are still using the "clamshell" flip phones. It's not because their designs are dated or what, but to them, flip phones are more preferred cos it prevents accidental button presses etc.

We survived without multitouch when the rest was using it, we used single core when dual cores were in the rage. So much more.

As for the bugs and stuff, I cannot defend them since there were histories like Xperia S kena the yellow-tinged screens, so yeah.

We all just have to make sure we spend our money wisely and not regret later. :o

mirrorpurple

Reaction score
lotsa unrealistic demands ba... People just tend to go, "wow! look at this cool new design from XXX brand! And everybody else is following it!" and then expect everybody else to adopt this trend.

little 'bezel' space to me just means more accidental touches and licks. Curved display corners just mean hard to find a decent screen protector.

We all just have to deal with whatever we get. Look at Apple. Though their 10th version has finally removed that stupid useless button at the bottom, which droids (except for a certain lame Korean brand trying very hard to be an Apple copycat) dumped the concept of physical buttons almost half a decade ago, you don't see them whine to Apple about no keeping up with the times.

Look at Japan. Alot of them are still using the "clamshell" flip phones. It's not because their designs are dated or what, but to them, flip phones are more preferred cos it prevents accidental button presses etc.

We survived without multitouch when the rest was using it, we used single core when dual cores were in the rage. So much more.

As for the bugs and stuff, I cannot defend them since there were histories like Xperia S kena the yellow-tinged screens, so yeah.

We all just have to make sure we spend our money wisely and not regret later. :o
I really dont mind a clamshell...

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really dont mind a clamshell...

This is what I am driving at. Sadly there will be people laughing at you for having a 'dated design' though :(

Macham just because skinny jeans is in trend that means we all must wear skinny jeans end up our thunder thighs look like wrapped rice dumplings.

mirrorpurple

Reaction score
This is what I am driving at. Sadly there will be people laughing at you for having a 'dated design' though :(

Macham just because skinny jeans is in trend that means we all must wear skinny jeans end up our thunder thighs look like wrapped rice dumplings.

Ikr. I miss the clamshell days... Samsung got sell clamshell phones but China exclusive... such a pity

alienjeffman

Reaction score
Ya i was referring to the implementation

thats why I said things like "xperia" and "cybershot" (i.e. referencing the phone and camera product lines), I didn't say "Exmor" (the sensor) cos i wasnt referring to sensor

i would really like to see if their camera team could actually pull off a smartphone for a change though.

With so many people using smartphones now i think its actually a good opportunity. Canon/Nikon arent making Powershot/Coolpix smartphones, and Samsung/LG/Apple arent making compact cameras (samsung gave up after 1 generation of K zoom), cybershot team + xperia team collab could produce a cybershot phone that takes photography to the next level

Unfortunately sony's idea of that was...
sony_cyber_shot_dsc_qx100_smartphone_attachable_camera_3.jpg

:s13:
now that I'm seeing this again... yes it is quite ridiculous. XD

Maybe it would look good on an XZ Premium...

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clamshell phones are nice but it comes with smaller display and battery.

I am so used to big screens and battery now. :D

I learnt this term from the internet:

One man's meat is another's poison :vijayadmin:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I learnt this term from the internet:

One man's meat is another's poison :vijayadmin:

It is different from last time, clamshell phones are not going to be mainstream.

At least small phones are still selling in good numbers, which is why Sony are still releasing compact phones.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember I mentioned someone reserved a pink phone for me?
He just told me next week arriving.

He is an M1 authorized dealer, so his news probably would be trustable

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember I mentioned someone reserved a pink phone for me?
He just told me next week arriving.

He is an M1 authorized dealer, so his news probably would be trustable

So shiok, you even pre-order before the actual pre-order starts. :D

chiaRH

Reaction score
Look at Apple. Though their 10th version has finally removed that stupid useless button at the bottom, which droids (except for a certain lame Korean brand trying very hard to be an Apple copycat) dumped the concept of physical buttons almost half a decade ago, you don't see them whine to Apple about no keeping up with the times.

Android devices can survive without hardware buttons cos the OS are designed to have GUI ones on-screen. Its a different story for iOS where an on-screen home button is not a primary feature but rather, one of the components under assistive touch (and of course most people wouldnt use assistive touch all the time and have a giant black square with 6 icons on their screen)

Apple may have removed the home button on the X, but they didn't put in capacitive button support and instead rely on gestures which I foresee gonna piss off a bunch of pokemon go players who meant to catch a pokemon but their swipe gestures keep jumping them back to home screen :s13:

Last edited:

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So shiok, you even pre-order before the actual pre-order starts. :D

I never pre-order ._.
Anyway he haven't gotten back to me whether was I right or not (cos he randomly saw me in Bigo Live and commented "it is coming next week" then skipped to another stream.

Will update you guys again.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android devices can survive without hardware buttons cos the OS are designed to have GUI ones on-screen. Its a different story for iOS where an on-screen home button is not a primary feature but rather, one of the components under assistive touch (and of course most people wouldnt use assistive touch all the time and have a giant black square with 6 icons on their screen)

Apple may have removed the home button on the X, but they didn't put in capacitive button support and instead rely on gestures which I foresee gonna piss off a bunch of pokemon go players who meant to catch a pokemon but their swipe gestures keep jumping them back to home screen :s13:

I don't get what is the use of that stupid button. Can't do anything except go 'back' -_-

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.