Problems/Bugs Found in Sony Xperia Z2

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone got magnetic port fell off issue? i just send in my barely 1 mth old z2 to hospital.. the magnetic port got suck out by the charging dock... :(

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone got magnetic port fell off issue? i just send in my barely 1 mth old z2 to hospital.. the magnetic port got suck out by the charging dock... :(

Yes, I'm one of them. Here got a few of them having same problem too. :D

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score

how does it come out arh. Very interesting to find out. My one never drop out :s13:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
the only annoying thing about my Z2 is the micro usb and sim slot the flap will open by itself when put taking it out from my pocket.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm one of them. Here got a few of them having same problem too. :D

mine 3 weeks old nia.. didnt expect this kind of quality from sony. :( so in the end did they exchange new set?

btw, i wasnt using those 3rd party magnetic cable. using the original dock also like that... zzz...

blueye

Reaction score
can someone advise on:

i) how I can rewind/fast forward an audio recording using the pre-installed audio recorder?
ii) my facebook videos stop playing after 30 secs (i know this is a major problem), tried all the solutions on the forums but the problem always comes back.

gohly5

Reaction score
hi, not sure if this forum is still active but just to share my problems with sony z2 i am facing now.

I took my phone to the baby swimming pool yesterday and did some video recordings and picture taking. Stayed there for less than 30mins as the baby was getting cold and the pool was definitely shorter than 1.5m.

After that, I realised that droplets started to form at the camera lens and I couldnt use my 3G at all. I restarted the phone and it couldnt boot up.. Tried many times until the battery was flat and tried charging but it could not be charged. So now I have to send my phone for servicing and its only about 3months old.

Hopefully I can get one for one exchange as they advertised sony z2 to be waterproof and now this **** happened..

Gum

Reaction score
Just discovered a weird issue with my 1 month old Z2.

When it is plugged in via USB to charge, the keyboard will go haywire when i type/swype a message - ie. the word characters will like jump at random and i end up typing nonsense. Eg. if i try to swype the word 'testing', it may end up as 'the i ng' or 'ts ing'......

Tried restarting phone but same issue after reboot. Once I pull out the charging cable the typing goes back to norm. Really weird but irritating issue!

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Just discovered a weird issue with my 1 month old Z2.

When it is plugged in via USB to charge, the keyboard will go haywire when i type/swype a message - ie. the word characters will like jump at random and i end up typing nonsense. Eg. if i try to swype the word 'testing', it may end up as 'the i ng' or 'ts ing'......

Tried restarting phone but same issue after reboot. Once I pull out the charging cable the typing goes back to norm. Really weird but irritating issue!

Are u using original cable and charger given? If no, use the given to charge again and see still happening.

Gum

Reaction score
Are u using original cable and charger given? If no, use the given to charge again and see still happening.

Hi, tks for your reply. I'm not using the original charger when I was experiencing this cos I was in office and my only set of original charge is at home. But anyway, why would the charger make a difference?

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, tks for your reply. I'm not using the original charger when I was experiencing this cos I was in office and my only set of original charge is at home. But anyway, why would the charger make a difference?
I ever experienced cheapo charger will cause your phone to go mad while charging.

techie_junkie

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone else finding the automatic call rejection feature annoying? The phone automatically sends sms to the person who tried to call you and you didn't pick up.

This makes it seem as though you purposely try to avoid talking to the person and give excuses via sms (which is very rude). How do I turn off this automatic rejection with sms feature? Cheers all

Reaction score
my z2 headphone jack suddenly can't detect my headphone jack, anyone has this problem?

hai this z2 has been perfect except for the flap that keeps popping out and now this headphone jack thingy.

bishan has a repair centre right?

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my z2 headphone jack suddenly can't detect my headphone jack, anyone has this problem?

hai this z2 has been perfect except for the flap that keeps popping out and now this headphone jack thingy.

bishan has a repair centre right?

The Bishan service centre has closed. You'll need to bring to 313 Sony Centre.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
The Bishan service centre has closed. You'll need to bring to 313 Sony Centre.

No wonder, during Christmas eve went there for shopping and found the area on renovation. So it is permanent close or under going renovation? :s11:

ActiveBlast

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone kindly help me out? I was using the z2 without any problems at all until yesterday the phone just shut itself off suddenly and wont turn on. I tried charging it to power it up but it was blinking amber non stop until 2 hours later I tried my luck powering it up, It turned on again and it was back to normal. But when I tried charging it again.. it was blinking at times, with the status bar showing charging and not charging simultaneously non stop.

Some times it would charge and sometimes it just blink charging/not charging.

Please advice thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.