Xperia C5 Ultra

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got leh.

I said "It's just not worth the $500+ price tag that's all Will wait for it drops 30-40% the original price tag then consider "

You replied "Yeah wait for a year or two. A newer and better model would be released by then. To me, its living the moment that counts."

Mediatek 6752 is a lower end (or if u preferred the mid range might be a better word) compared to X10. Also don't forget 6753 is newer than 6752 although slower. The entry level is always 6735. Comparing 6752 and 6795 is like comparing 810 and 615 :s8: In term of performance and price/cost is totally different..

Of cos at what price point you wanna buy is up to u. I was just commenting from the start, this phone is not worth the S$500+ but might be worth getting after the 30-40% price drop which would not need 1 or 2 years.:D

Well then share with us what phones can you get with 500 bucks and that also ensures it will get timely software updates and support for the next one and a half year, besides Sony. :D

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good for you. I cant wait to hear about the battery life, since I am waiting for T2 Ultra successor and this phone seems like a good choice. :D

Hey bro, how have you been? Overall its a good successor to the t2 in overall package. Dont think the battery life will be up to your expectations haha

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far unplugged at 9am with sot 1.5 hrs, sitting at 74% left. Not impressive but still decent. I have stamina mode on.

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
Well then share with us what phones can you get with 500 bucks and that also ensures it will get timely software updates and support for the next one and a half year, besides Sony. :D

Currently will be, LG G Flex 2 :) <S$500 local warranty (big price drop in 6months). Of cos there're those previous flagships running SD800/801 the Xiaomi Note, LG G3, etc. Older models doesn't mean they aren't good anymore. Just that people likes to have new things.

LG G Flex 2 had multiple updates over the past 6months, from overheating and throttling issues to currently running stable at acceptable temperature :D Of cos can pick bones, but any phone has it's weakness including C5 ultra :D

BTW I'm not saying the C5 ultra is a bad phone but just not worth $500+ for what's it's offering.
1. The camera had been said to be average.
2. The chipset are used on <$200 range phone like Meizu m1 note and Lenovo K3 note. Even with Sony branding asking for more than x2 that of similar performance is it really worth it?
3. Nevermind the 2GB RAM but at $500+ you get a 16GB storage

But as usual most non-apple/samsung phones prices drop fast, so after a month or 2 the price will settle to be its real price. :D

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to play the demo set at Singtel shop. Apparently the camera is accepted. Somehow or rather the rear one seem noisier then the front camera. Really dig in on the bezel and overall aspect. But when I cross check the screen look kinda dull :(

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to play the demo set at Singtel shop. Apparently the camera is accepted. Somehow or rather the rear one seem noisier then the front camera. Really dig in on the bezel and overall aspect. But when I cross check the screen look kinda dull :(

They should have swapped the front to the rear camera. I do know many sony users who are always torn between the offerings of both t2 ultra(weak spec) and z ultra(brick) and this is truly the sweet spot with best of both worlds.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently will be, LG G Flex 2 :) <S$500 local warranty (big price drop in 6months). Of cos there're those previous flagships running SD800/801 the Xiaomi Note, LG G3, etc. Older models doesn't mean they aren't good anymore. Just that people likes to have new things.

LG G Flex 2 had multiple updates over the past 6months, from overheating and throttling issues to currently running stable at acceptable temperature :D Of cos can pick bones, but any phone has it's weakness including C5 ultra :D

BTW I'm not saying the C5 ultra is a bad phone but just not worth $500+ for what's it's offering.
2. The chipset are used on <$200 range phone like Meizu m1 note and Lenovo K3 note. Even with Sony branding asking for more than x2 that of similar performance is it really worth it?

But as usual most non-apple/samsung phones prices drop fast, so after a month or 2 the price will settle to be its real price. :D

I agreed with that, some flagship phones from last year are comparable with the mid class of present year.

But then again, I do have some of the following concerns:
1. The software updates will cease earlier than phones of present year.
2. The spare parts may be limited, in case you need it under warranty repairs.
3. The mid class phones will still be cheaper than flagship phones of same year, after price drop.

To answer your concerns:
- We have to wait and test it. Understandably, it may lose out to flagship phones on some levels.

- I am not sure that those China brand phones have good records of updating their phones with proper and stable software.
Performance wise is also dependent on software.

- I am not sure which phones offer more storage at 500 bucks, but then again there is SD card slot for up to 200 GB external storage.

I fully understand that you did not mean it is a bad phone.
It is easy to find the phone with features lacking, however it is still not flagship class so it is more acceptable for the budget-conscious crowd.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should have swapped the front to the rear camera. I do know many sony users who are always torn between the offerings of both t2 ultra(weak spec) and z ultra(brick) and this is truly the sweet spot with best of both worlds.

I only see the problem with the internal storage and RAM of T2 Ultra.
Otherwise, the T2 Ultra is arguably the champ of battery king of 2014. :D

seasonscrystal

Reaction score
As my top pick is LG G Flex 2 so I'll use that as the example, but if u like, can use Z3 also which is around $50 more expensive than this phone.

1. The software updates will cease earlier than phones of present year.
For LG G Flex 2 will have Android M, I do believe Z3 will have also.

2. The spare parts may be limited, in case you need it under warranty repairs.
LG G Flex 2 is like 1/2 year difference of this one. The idea of warranty is that the company WILL have to compensate somehow regardless have parts of not. Z3 is like a bit older, but I bet you can get it fixed during warranty period.

3. The mid class phones will still be cheaper than flagship phones of same year, after price drop.
YES! That's what I'm trying to say all this time. This phone aren't worth the $500+ price tag and will be worth getting after the price dropped 30-40% in a couple of months.

To answer your concerns:
- We have to wait and test it. Understandably, it may lose out to flagship phones on some levels.
So for current price of $500+, you rather get this phone over a better ex-flagship phone with better camera. That is IF the camera matters, but one of this phone highlight was supposed to be the dual 13MP camera.

- I am not sure that those China brand phones have good records of updating their phones with proper and stable software.
Performance wise is also dependent on software.
The C5 ultra not made in China? This is the first this Sony working with Mediatek right? IIRC, the future android update also depends if Mediatek wants to or not.
edit: Based on the roadmap MT6592 is the predecessor of MT6752. By right MT6592 supposed to get lollipop from Mediatek in May based on Mediatek lollipop roadmap. IIRC till now they still in Beta. So that gives you an idea when the C5 ultra will likely get Android M :)

- I am not sure which phones offer more storage at 500 bucks, but then again there is SD card slot for up to 200 GB external storage.
LG G Flex 2 <$500 32GB with sd :D Oh yah there the G3 also, what about Z3?

I fully understand that you did not mean it is a bad phone.
It is easy to find the phone with features lacking, however it is still not flagship class so it is more acceptable for the budget-conscious crowd.

Not sure why you'll say this is a budget-conscious crowd when it's current price is just around $50 difference from previous flagship of the same brand. I'll only considered it budget conscious phone when it drops to around current M4 Aqua price :D

Last edited:

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only see the problem with the internal storage and RAM of T2 Ultra.
Otherwise, the T2 Ultra is arguably the champ of battery king of 2014. :D

Agreed fully on that! When getting the c5 ultra bro? :)

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was the first customer haha. Got it from kasia.

I bought white.
the staff asked me how did I get to know this as the stocks came in only last night.

I said I knew it through hwz.
and he was surprised and he said so fast already people knew it.
he also commented there was a person who was the first to buy it and I thought of you lol

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score
the display to me is very nice.
but the battery drops every 5 mins on average, despite I had disable all the apps I do not need.

I have high expectation for Sony in this aspect.quite disappointed.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought white.
the staff asked me how did I get to know this as the stocks came in only last night.

I said I knew it through hwz.
and he was surprised and he said so fast already people knew it.
he also commented there was a person who was the first to buy it and I thought of you lol

Yeah it was me alright haha

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the display to me is very nice.
but the battery drops every 5 mins on average, despite I had disable all the apps I do not need.

I have high expectation for Sony in this aspect.quite disappointed.

Bro, main culprit is lollipop 5.0. Several of my other phones in this same version has considerable standby drain no matter how i tweak it. My previous samsung A8 that shipped with the latest lollipop 5.1.1 is a beast in standby time. Dropping only 1-2% over almost 10 hours overnight.

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score
your previous phone was A8??so fast sold it?

I got thought of getting it too but quite sick of Samsung trademark home button as well as the dull design.
I think I might be right on this C5U about its SOT, not more than 7 hrs.

sigh Lollipop drains battery quite jialat.
my other Sony phone, Z3C still on kitkat.battery is good. can hit 14hrs SOT.
probably I'm selling this phone, now and revert back to my sharp crystal X.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your previous phone was A8??so fast sold it?

I got thought of getting it too but quite sick of Samsung trademark home button as well as the dull design.
I think I might be right on this C5U about its SOT, not more than 7 hrs.

sigh Lollipop drains battery quite jialat.
my other Sony phone, Z3C still on kitkat.battery is good. can hit 14hrs SOT.
probably I'm selling this phone, now and revert back to my sharp crystal X.

Yeah just couldnt go back to samsung. Still rate the A8 better than note 4 except for the slightly inferior camera. My previous note 4 had so much battery life and SOT after i reflashed kitkat as compared to lollipop. Should wait for lollipop updates first and see how.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.