Xperia SP

SaLaZaR

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses, good to know the batt. life of this phone isn't that bad. Also updated the software so it's quite speedy. Btw, I got hold of a crystal screen protector and red cover from Jimmy today, and it looks great. Think he only has the black cover left at the moment.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PS: there will be some apps running in the background. Download advance task killer from the playstore to 'kill' some of the apps. Not sure if it really works though but it does free up some RAM numerically. :s13:

Read that task killers should be avoided, coz those apps that want to run in the background will auto start after they have been killed. This leads to a vicious cycle that prevents the CPU from going into deep sleep, so battery life supposedly suffers.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The passed few days not working at all loh.

3 days working day over liao, my phone still not ready for collection:s8:

Did they say have spare parts for repair? In mid May, they told me need ~2weeks to repair due to shortage of parts for new model.

cdxdirector

Reaction score
With stamina mode on, running on wifi for about 6hrs + in the office and playing music continuously at low volume, it consumes roughly about 25% of the juice within that time frame.

PS: there will be some apps running in the background. Download advance task killer from the playstore to 'kill' some of the apps. Not sure if it really works though but it does free up some RAM numerically. :s13:

hi, that stamina mode is it something like power saver that will switch off 3G/4G when u lockscreen? only switch on after u unlock screen? if so, meaning u won't be able to received whatsapp or other social app notifications too, am i right to say that?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, that stamina mode is it something like power saver that will switch off 3G/4G when u lockscreen? only switch on after u unlock screen? if so, meaning u won't be able to received whatsapp or other social app notifications too, am i right to say that?

Nope, you can still received your SMS or call as per usual and if you can customized what apps you want when you lock the screen and those apps will still able to receive the incoming messages if you add them into the list.

cdxdirector

Reaction score
thx chong & carlover76 for the reply . just curious abt it, if i add in whatsapp & a lot of social apps like fb, twitter, ig, line, talkbox, etc into whitelist, then the purpose of switching on stamina will be same as switching off this feature bcos mostly these apps are the main batt killer. so far, every different brands have it's own “battery saver” feature just like stamina or other names but how to know which really works best in saving battery? bcos their doing of battery saving is just like switching off 3G, Bluetooth, etc for u.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thx chong & carlover76 for the reply . just curious abt it, if i add in whatsapp & a lot of social apps like fb, twitter, ig, line, talkbox, etc into whitelist, then the purpose of switching on stamina will be same as switching off this feature bcos mostly these apps are the main batt killer. so far, every different brands have it's own “battery saver” feature just like stamina or other names but how to know which really works best in saving battery? bcos their doing of battery saving is just like switching off 3G, Bluetooth, etc for u.

I think battery life is one of those things that's hard to quantify because it's so subjective.

It's really hard to know how well those battery saving features work without a proper test in a environment with proper variable control, let alone against other brands.

So it's best to try out for yourself. Personally I'd prefer a phone to last an entire day without any form of extra power saving features turned on, as that shows no apps are misbehaving and the phone+battery design suits my needs. I've managed to do that for my past HTC, LG and Samsung Android phones, and I expect the same for Sony.

There are certain apps that are badly made and really drain battery. One example is QQ messenger which resulted in the CPU unable to go into a low power state on my friend's S2 (ie. wakelock), and drained his battery in 4hrs. So I believe part of the responsibility falls on the user to remove such apps once they find problems, rather than using power saving features to curb a problem they created by keeping the bad apps.

cdxdirector

Reaction score
I think battery life is one of those things that's hard to quantify because it's so subjective.

It's really hard to know how well those battery saving features work without a proper test in a environment with proper variable control, let alone against other brands.

So it's best to try out for yourself. Personally I'd prefer a phone to last an entire day without any form of extra power saving features turned on, as that shows no apps are misbehaving and the phone+battery design suits my needs. I've managed to do that for my past HTC, LG and Samsung Android phones, and I expect the same for Sony.

There are certain apps that are badly made and really drain battery. One example is QQ messenger which resulted in the CPU unable to go into a low power state on my friend's S2 (ie. wakelock), and drained his battery in 4hrs. So I believe part of the responsibility falls on the user to remove such apps once they find problems, rather than using power saving features to curb a problem they created by keeping the bad apps.

wow! this is really a gd reminder! thx pal! but let alone any smart phones w/o power saving mode sure can't last for half a day as well. there's only 1 brand i know of & heard of, which is motorola raxx bcos the batt itself is already abt 3300mAh. the thing is this phone have bad reputations of having lag, camera & screen problem etc. but most impt is this phone is like out of stock in those singtel, m1 shops already too.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow! this is really a gd reminder! thx pal! but let alone any smart phones w/o power saving mode sure can't last for half a day as well. there's only 1 brand i know of & heard of, which is motorola raxx bcos the batt itself is already abt 3300mAh. the thing is this phone have bad reputations of having lag, camera & screen problem etc. but most impt is this phone is like out of stock in those singtel, m1 shops already too.

So far my Android phones can last a day with 3G data, GPS and sync all enabled.

If you're having battery issues, a good app to find the culprit is better battery stats. Link: BetterBatteryStats Tells You Exactly Which Apps Are Draining Your Android's Battery

Download free here: [APP][2.1+][16 Apr. - V1.13.4] BetterBatteryStats - xda-developers

Heard that the battery life for the Note2 is exceptional too. But I don't have it, so I cannot comment.

cdxdirector

Reaction score
So far my Android phones can last a day with 3G data, GPS and sync all enabled.

If you're having battery issues, a good app to find the culprit is better battery stats. Link: BetterBatteryStats Tells You Exactly Which Apps Are Draining Your Android's Battery

Download free here: [APP][2.1+][16 Apr. - V1.13.4] BetterBatteryStats - xda-developers

Heard that the battery life for the Note2 is exceptional too. But I don't have it, so I cannot comment.

thx once again, u are so resourceful! though these looks a bit chim to me but will try to figure out.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone facing problems with Real Racing 3? Was working well initially but after the game software update, the game ends abruptly and back to the phone's home page. strange...

solved! uninstalled and install older version. haa

Last edited:

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, why not? The number I have is 6744 0733.

I called, but the service centre at J8 never reply call to mi. The line hard to get tru, always busy.
Mine camera button not functioning is big job ah?

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called, but the service centre at J8 never reply call to mi. The line hard to get tru, always busy.
Mine camera button not functioning is big job ah?

A few users from this Sony subforum said write email in to complain if you're pissed enough... :s42:

Only they will know for sure whether job is big or small after they open up the phone.

loftystew

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to warn you guys. I received an system update notification today and proceeded to update my phone.

Judging from my opening sentence, you probably guessed what happened next, went south and my phone is now stuck in infinite loop.

I believe the cause of the problem to be my phone being encrypted so for those who uses the phone encryption, decrypt first before doing the system update then encrypt back after the update. I maybe wrong but no harm doing the above.

Damn... I can't do a factory reset so need to go down to service center for repair. FML. :(

Last edited:

darrentsh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to warn you guys. I received an system update notification today and proceeded to update my phone.

Judging from my opening sentence, you probably guessed what happened next, went south and my phone is now stuck in infinite loop.

I believe the cause of the problem to be my phone being encrypted so for those who uses the phone encryption, decrypt first before doing the system update then encrypt back after the update. I maybe wrong but no harm doing the above.

Damn... I can't do a factory reset so need to go down to service center for repair. FML. :(

mine update was smooth, btw i dun encrypt my phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.