HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xperia SP

Like Tree26Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #316

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing and got hold of a Xperia SP yesterday. How's the battery usage for you guys, and how long can your phones typically last? assuming whatsapp is on and no other apps are running.
With stamina mode on, running on wifi for about 6hrs + in the office and playing music continuously at low volume, it consumes roughly about 25% of the juice within that time frame.

PS: there will be some apps running in the background. Download advance task killer from the playstore to 'kill' some of the apps. Not sure if it really works though but it does free up some RAM numerically.
virtualape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #317
Master Member

for me minimal usage....sunday till now still got about 65% battery

I only use it to look at time , seldom makes call/sms and didn't surf web / play games.

I don't really cancel the process like facebook, watsapp so i just leave it there but I off my lte, wifi.
akloaklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #318
Supremacy Member

wtf... the checking of repair status not working at all loh.

http://jobstatus.wealthpoint.com.sg/job_status.aspx
cheong79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #319

for me minimal usage....sunday till now still got about 65% battery

I only use it to look at time , seldom makes call/sms and didn't surf web / play games.

I don't really cancel the process like facebook, watsapp so i just leave it there but I off my lte, wifi.
the stamina mode is surprisingly quite strong. Had it fully charged before going to bed. Next morning about 9hrs later (LTE off), was left with 98%.
virtualape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #320
Master Member

yup i also on stamiina mode, very good but once all the surfing and gaming starts

However I seldom play games on phone..not that into it.
akloaklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #321

Thanks guys for the responses, good to know the batt. life of this phone isn't that bad. Also updated the software so it's quite speedy. Btw, I got hold of a crystal screen protector and red cover from Jimmy today, and it looks great. Think he only has the black cover left at the moment.
SaLaZaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #322
Master Member

wtf... the checking of repair status not working at all loh.

http://jobstatus.wealthpoint.com.sg/job_status.aspx
Just tried NRIC and seemed to work...
chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #323
Master Member

PS: there will be some apps running in the background. Download advance task killer from the playstore to 'kill' some of the apps. Not sure if it really works though but it does free up some RAM numerically.
Read that task killers should be avoided, coz those apps that want to run in the background will auto start after they have been killed. This leads to a vicious cycle that prevents the CPU from going into deep sleep, so battery life supposedly suffers.
Old 29-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #324
Supremacy Member

Just tried NRIC and seemed to work...
The passed few days not working at all loh.

3 days working day over liao, my phone still not ready for collection
Old 29-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #325
Master Member

The passed few days not working at all loh.

3 days working day over liao, my phone still not ready for collection
Did they say have spare parts for repair? In mid May, they told me need ~2weeks to repair due to shortage of parts for new model.
Old 30-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #326

With stamina mode on, running on wifi for about 6hrs + in the office and playing music continuously at low volume, it consumes roughly about 25% of the juice within that time frame.

hi, that stamina mode is it something like power saver that will switch off 3G/4G when u lockscreen? only switch on after u unlock screen? if so, meaning u won't be able to received whatsapp or other social app notifications too, am i right to say that?
cdxdirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #327
Master Member

hi, that stamina mode is it something like power saver that will switch off 3G/4G when u lockscreen? only switch on after u unlock screen? if so, meaning u won't be able to received whatsapp or other social app notifications too, am i right to say that?
It's more sophisticated than that. See How Sony's STAMINA Mode works
Old 30-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #328
Supremacy Member

Nope, you can still received your SMS or call as per usual and if you can customized what apps you want when you lock the screen and those apps will still able to receive the incoming messages if you add them into the list.

Phone : Xperia Z3 Dual (Copper) & Z2 (Purple)
Tablet : Xperia Z2 Tablet (Black)
carlover76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #329

thx chong & carlover76 for the reply . just curious abt it, if i add in whatsapp & a lot of social apps like fb, twitter, ig, line, talkbox, etc into whitelist, then the purpose of switching on stamina will be same as switching off this feature bcos mostly these apps are the main batt killer. so far, every different brands have it's own “battery saver” feature just like stamina or other names but how to know which really works best in saving battery? bcos their doing of battery saving is just like switching off 3G, Bluetooth, etc for u.
cdxdirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #330
Supremacy Member

Did they say have spare parts for repair? In mid May, they told me need ~2weeks to repair due to shortage of parts for new model.
Can I call to ask why the delay?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.