HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xperia SP

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #466
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi! All. I juz bought a Xperia SP. Screen seems to be randomly non responsive & then the phone hangs. I had to press reset button to restart the phone. Any idea how to fix it?
Yup, just go to Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English) download pc companion and update the lastest firmware. Make sure yr Xperia SP got at least 50% battery power to facilitate the updates!
Try update yr firmware and see how
darrentsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #467
Banned

so fast so good after 3months use
ishoppersmarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #468

Aiya, in the end, decided not to get this phone. The cons outweigh the pros for me. There are wifi connectivity problems for many Sony models and no fix coming, touchscreen issues which can't always be fixed and the hanging for some SP phones.

Can modify home router settings but what about outside?

Too bad 'cos without the flaws, the phone is a sweet deal.
armyofghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #469

Anyone receives the latest firmware update yet? ver 12.0.A.2.245

Sony Xperia SP gets a firmware update, no Android 4.2 yet - GSMArena.com news
Old 13-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #470

tried it. notification and the bottom bar "back/home/running apps" is now transparent at home screen

notification bar has more buttons now. hotspot/gps/airplane/auto rotate

there's also a new app called Djstudio 5.

Firmware update for NFC
pheliosstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #471
Supremacy Member

Is this phone running on Jellybean?
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #472

Aiya, in the end, decided not to get this phone. The cons outweigh the pros for me. There are wifi connectivity problems for many Sony models and no fix coming, touchscreen issues which can't always be fixed and the hanging for some SP phones.

Can modify home router settings but what about outside?

Too bad 'cos without the flaws, the phone is a sweet deal.
For me, it was the best deal ever. Got it at $15 after singtel 2yrs recontract - $33 handset upgrade voucher.

Proud and happy Xperia SP owner for a month now.

I don't seem to have any issues as the bros here had posted (Screen, hanging, connectivity). I gotta admit the volume is a bit low (calling/listening to music). For WiFi, Samsung has better receiver. My phone can't ever seem to get IP address but I overcome by setting it as Static instead of DHCP and it works. Those having WiFi issues, try setting a static IP configuration. BTW, I only have this problem if I'm at other sites, not at home.
Old 18-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #473

Yesterday purchased Xperia SP.
Used PC companion to update phone firmware to v12.0.A.2.245 OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Any shop or webpage to recommend for buying the screen protector and case for this mobile?
If you can wait, you can buy from Qoo10, buy case, get screen protector for free. but will take a few days to ship and you risk getting 'bubbles' on your screen if not skilled in putting screen protector.

If you cannot wait, head to sim lim. 5F e-power. Screen protector is $7, the lady is very skilled, can put the protector in less than 10 secs bubble free. The bumper case is $7 also, total $14. in Qoo10 you may get the same package for about $8-$9. IMHO, quite worth buying in Sim Lim, quickly settle everything at one go, just for a few bucks more
Old 18-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #474
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would love this phone purely for it's design but hope sony could decrease the bezel area and improve on it's software.
Old 18-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #475

I would love this phone purely for it's design but hope sony could decrease the bezel area and improve on it's software.
What's software improvement are you looking for?
duffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #476

Design is beautiful. The side bezels are narrow, only the top and bottom bezels needs a bit of trimming. Solid feel when it's at your palm and gripping on it as well.

Software wise, i think everything is perfect, maybe because I'm not experiencing any hanging/lag or connectivity issues.

I'm really just hoping that Sony will skip JB 4.2 & 4.3 and will jump straight to kitkat 4.4, that would be awesome!
Old 23-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #477

noob question here, anyone knows how to turn on auto sync for google account? I cant seem to be able to do it, always have to manually sync it.
ganns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #478

noob question here, anyone knows how to turn on auto sync for google account? I cant seem to be able to do it, always have to manually sync it.
If not wrong you can turn on auto sync at Settings->Data Usage page, tap on the 3 dots at the upper right corner, then you will see the the checkbox to turn on Auto-sync data.

Hoped it helps.
whoeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #479

Hi all Xperia SP users,

I like SP's build as well as friendly price. However whats holding me back is ironically the large notification LED at the bottom. I guess its kinda distracting during meetins etc whereby your phone lights up.
I've read in the thread that the LED can be switch off, is that true?
Secondly, if I switch off the LED, is there any other notification light? For e.g. in other phones there can be a small notification light at the top near the speaker that lights up for notification.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
heehee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #480

To turn off the LED strip, settings ->display->light effects->Notifications.
You can choose the colour of the notifications or turn it off completely.

No, there's no 2nd notification light. I suppose the Google play store may have something that can work on the main screen itself. You could get one of those cases that cover the led strip and leave out a small area.

Example : http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/sonyeric...face-case.html
pheliosstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.