Xperia X Compact - First compact after the Z era

cutebeng

Reaction score
Anyone has the problem when after ending a call the phone screen becomes black and unresponsive for a while ?

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using swiftkey keyboard for some time, I sideloaded the Xperia keyboard and back to using the classic good feature.

hueman

Reaction score
Looking at the new XZ and XA models released in MWC 2017, I can't wait to for the upcoming compact (I hope).

hueman

Reaction score
It's gonna be a 6-month long wait though, considering both Z5 Compact and X Compact were both announced in September.

Yea, and another month or so before we can buy one. I really hope they don't drop the Campact line...

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the shot to photo preview time of X Compact ?

It takes long enough on my z5 compact that makes me wanna ditch it for another phone.

By comparison, my moto x style is much snappier despite being a sd808 "only"

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Yea, and another month or so before we can buy one. I really hope they don't drop the Campact line...

Hi all. Those of you using the X Compact, how's the battery life? Can the phone last a full day (8am to 8pm) om a single charge (normal usage: regular email, Whatsapp, some web browsing, news reading, listening to music, no gaming)?

Thanks in advance.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Those of you using the X Compact, how's the battery life? Can the phone last a full day (8am to 8pm) om a single charge (normal usage: regular email, Whatsapp, some web browsing, news reading, listening to music, no gaming)?

Thanks in advance.

I always keep stamina mode - device performance preferred on all the time.

Playing games, reading emails and browsing websites will drain about 20% - 30% within morning to evening time.

It will only drain more for playing games, but IMO considerable less than other Sony phones.

It is very battery efficient, comparable if not better than Z3 (my previous phone).

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the shot to photo preview time of X Compact ?

It takes long enough on my z5 compact that makes me wanna ditch it for another phone.

By comparison, my moto x style is much snappier despite being a sd808 "only"

If you mean the time to save the photo to memory and you can press to see the photo, in my experiences it is about 1 to 1.5 seconds for saving to my SD card and photo view.

My SD card is class 10 64GB.
Did not try saving to internal storage since saving to SD card is already quite snappy for me.

ramius_mark

Reaction score
I always keep stamina mode - device performance preferred on all the time.

Playing games, reading emails and browsing websites will drain about 20% - 30% within morning to evening time.

It will only drain more for playing games, but IMO considerable less than other Sony phones.

It is very battery efficient, comparable if not better than Z3 (my previous phone).

Noted, thanks.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a pity that the X Compact is not available on contract through the telcos to help defray the costs.

The telcos have to cut losses. There will be more competition to the small size ifruit if they take x compact. :D

hueman

Reaction score
You're right. Come to think of it, there is no competitor to the iPhone SE in the telcos'.

I must admit I did considered SE before I got the X Compact. It was the first time I actually considered a fruity phone. Btw, the compact series is competing to iphone 6/7 which have very similar screen-size (4.6 vs 4.7), and not just SE.

ramius_mark

Reaction score
I must admit I did considered SE before I got the X Compact. It was the first time I actually considered a fruity phone. Btw, the compact series is competing to iphone 6/7 which have very similar screen-size (4.6 vs 4.7), and not just SE.

The problem with the iPhone is iOS. If one comes from Windows 10M, Android, or BlackBerry 10, the iOS experience, along with limited file-storage access, terrible multi-tasking and app switching, limited audio and video format support, is a tough pill to swallow.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you mean the time to save the photo to memory and you can press to see the photo, in my experiences it is about 1 to 1.5 seconds for saving to my SD card and photo view.

My SD card is class 10 64GB.
Did not try saving to internal storage since saving to SD card is already quite snappy for me.

Z5C is atrocious is this regard. Probably 2-3 secs. I wonder if nougat update can help to improve it. Else I might decide to let it go.

ramius_mark

Reaction score
The telcos have to cut losses. There will be more competition to the small size ifruit if they take x compact. :D

I think the X Compact will sell well if it is placed side by side with the iPhone SE, and offered on similar contract pricing.

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am curious what case you all use. My TPU case from qoo10 like turning yellowish / sticky feeling.

Anybody knows where to get back skin for this phone??

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the X Compact will sell well if it is placed side by side with the iPhone SE, and offered on similar contract pricing.

Cannot blame them for not taking XC.
Telcos are more likely to place their money on goods that sells generally well - ifruit.

Sony phones on the other hand, has its highs and lows for the sale of their phones over the course of few years. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.