Xperia Z Ultra

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just bought a black set. Anybody experience very soft voice calls even tho its already maxed out?

try adjusting the phone's speaker to align properly to your ear canal.
with a phone this big, you tend to misalign and the sound gets muffled by your ear instead. happened to learn of this ever since I started using note 1, note 2 and nor ultra.

if that's not that case, best to bring it back to the shop for exchange.

tuzantar

Reaction score
try adjusting the phone's speaker to align properly to your ear canal.
with a phone this big, you tend to misalign and the sound gets muffled by your ear instead. happened to learn of this ever since I started using note 1, note 2 and nor ultra.

if that's not that case, best to bring it back to the shop for exchange.

Haha yeah it works! Thanks!

anirudhks

Reaction score
wahaha that's humongous. but tempted, in the sense that I don't have to worry about the batt and just whack and use all the way. plus the kick stand for such a big display is shiok.

best to use a portable charge without having to use the micro usb :) dont have to put it on all the time :)

damienism

Banned
Reaction score
wahaha that's humongous. but tempted, in the sense that I don't have to worry about the batt and just whack and use all the way. plus the kick stand for such a big display is shiok.
Yeah. Will be good for my coming holiday trip lol

So got case for this jacket plus fone? Hahaha The jacket doesn't protect most part of the phone, unlike it's description.

I remember when.I was using Note1, I bought those 5000mah extended battery and managed to find an.ugly Remax tpu that could wrap the entire device

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, moi can recontract liao. Currently still using Note 1 and was think between this and Note 3.

I like this as the screen is 6.4 inch.
By the way is the ultra really water proof as stated ?

Any advise ?

:)

Last edited:

Mem2003

Reaction score
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6833) LTE... Chipset Snapdragon 800
Qualcomm MSM8274 or MSM8974 ?

Use AnTuTu Benchmark ver4.0.2 - Android Apps on Google Play to check!!!

(OS 4.2.2) SONY Spec stated CPU speed: 2.2GHz but only 300~2150MHz

Why other maker uses higher speed?

Mem2003

Reaction score
For writing using "pen", note is better as it detects pressure ...

water proof : Z Ultra [C6833 LTE for sg]
(Sony Spec)
- IP58 certified - dust and water proof
- Water resistant over 1 meter

See video fr 2:25
SONY Xperia Z Ultra c6802 Performance and Waterproof Test

Hi there, moi can recontract liao. Currently still using Note 1 and was think between this and Note 3.

Any advise ?

tuzantar

Reaction score

Any advise ?

I was in the same situation as you.pre-registered for note 3 and went to play the demo set.It has too many features that I dont use much and touchwiz launcher is really looking old and tired.so I went nippon instead.

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score

Any advise ?

it depends on how often you are using it in the water.
like for me, I don't need the feature at all but I'm attracted to its screen and the slim frame.
battery is considered good too for average display time of 6hrs left with 10% battery.
music quality is good. watching movies is shiok. replaced my iPad mini.
XUZ is almost like a perfect phone with the lack of ample storage,topped up with SD slot.

Last edited:

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any advise ?

Display resolution.
Both are 1080p...hiwever, by ppi, note 3 would be higher as uts screen si smaller than XZU.
however, a 6.4, that a huge size. Good for viewing n gaming.

Note taking
Though XZU could perform without stylus (esp well with pencil) however, it lacks the pressure sensitve whereby note3 could...(could bold n shades in tone)

Form Factor
XZU looks v well. Its is very thin...and color like purple, looks wel.
To handle it esp as a phone, will required user to accomodate holding it.
Note 3 do not surprise on the form factor. Its rather a acceptable factor whereby one hand operation could reach max.

Accessories
XZU is very limited in accessories (case or batt case). However, with such a nice form factor, why both to cover up..just flaunt it.
on Note3, being Samsung, the support would nit be an issue.

for the record, i had a XZU since its launch...loving it. Had found a way to hold the phone looking stylo..(i'M 1.8m inheight...so everything looks good :) ...i will still be getting note 3 this friday though.
will be mixing my daily driver (s4, XZU, note 3 n note 8)

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So are we allowed to collect the SBH 52? Since someone say the stock is in stores now.

zhaoshanhe

Reaction score
for the record, i had a XZU since its launch...loving it. Had found a way to hold the phone looking stylo..(i'M 1.8m inheight...so everything looks good :) ...i will still be getting note 3 this friday though.
will be mixing my daily driver (s4, XZU, note 3 n note 8)

you got so many phones then is syncing between them an issue? say for whatsapp? u jus transfer the sim card into the phone you using or using multi sim cards?

jefefe

Master Member
Reaction score
Yooo gotten my XZU last weekend, yes purple!!

everything is good but i think the screen is overly sensitive, my previous phone was iphone5..hmm i think in term of touch and scrolling, iOS still better.. but hey this is a 6.44 1080 HD screen..

Am looking for bluetooth either SBH50 or the new one SBH52.. actually what is the main difference? SBH52 can use as a handset right..that is the only difference?

and also i think the giant purple back panel should not be covered, am thinking buying a CLEAR hard case for the back, but so far only found 1 design in qoo10.. and you know qoo10 the quality is...ahem.. :s13:

OhYa..very important thing forgot to mention, i think a magnetic charging cable is necessary, else i have to pull open the water-proof charging port daily.. i heard that the cradle is a very bad design cause is too light and you basically lift up the whole cradle when you want to unplug your phone, not sure if anyone have any idea where to buy the magnetic CABLE only?

Last edited:

nestorvie

Reaction score
it depends on how often you are using it in the water.
like for me, I don't need the feature at all but I'm attracted to its screen and the slim frame.
battery is considered good too for average display time of 6hrs left with 10% battery.
music quality is good. watching movies is shiok. replaced my iPad mini.
XUZ is almost like a perfect phone with the lack of ample storage,topped up with SD slot.

I threw my ZU into the iced-water box yesterday while drinking and karaoke-ing with my subordinates. That's useful though lolz.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yooo gotten my XZU last weekend, yes purple!!

everything is good but i think the screen is overly sensitive, my previous phone was iphone5..hmm i think in term of touch and scrolling, iOS still better.. but hey this is a 6.44 1080 HD screen..

Am looking for bluetooth either SBH50 or the new one SBH52.. actually what is the main difference? SBH52 can use as a handset right..that is the only difference?

and also i think the giant purple back panel should not be covered, am thinking buying a CLEAR hard case for the back, but so far only found 1 design in qoo10.. and you know qoo10 the quality is...ahem.. :s13:

OhYa..very important thing forgot to mention, i think a magnetic charging cable is necessary, else i have to pull open the water-proof charging port daily.. i heard that the cradle is a very bad design cause is too light and you basically lift up the whole cradle when you want to unplug your phone, not sure if anyone have any idea where to buy the magnetic CABLE only?
welcome...I had a purple unit..and yes no case.

1) Case @ S$12
1175702_517237065021528_1069761519_n.jpg

2) magnetic Cable @ S$29
1234768_523479191063982_882783355_n.jpg

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you got so many phones then is syncing between them an issue? say for whatsapp? u jus transfer the sim card into the phone you using or using multi sim cards?
Syncing of message/whatapps is the only issue I had.(across different devices)
Games or videos could uses Google drive etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.