Xperia Z1 - One Sony

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys... Do u find play Low res video very sucky.... Is only look good when playing hd vids

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't really take note of the brand coz I bought at the Sony shop and the salesperson applied for me on the spot.

I have this SP for quite some time and it is a clear one.

You have to check on the cutting near the sensor area, it might affect the performance of the Proximity sensor if the cutout is not good or accurate.

Another way to test the problem of the Proximity sensor, remove the top portion of the SP by lifting up a bit then test calling and putting your phone on your ear and test whether your screen will turn off.

Last edited:

tikokia

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm using Z and bought Z ultra for wife
wanted to upgrade to Z1 myself

- poor camera
- yellow screen
- bigger size but same screen size

Yellow screen and phone size is acceptable to me
but why a phone that is advertised to have a GREAT camera, have a CMI camera?

now thinking to get nexus 5 instead

true.. i rather take the so called "laggy" note 3 anytime..

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true.. i rather take the so called "laggy" note 3 anytime..

That poor camera is based on the initial stock firmware and after it has upgrade to the latest firmware, the camera is so much better, confirm better than Note 3 any time.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
good camera or bad camera.

most users are not professional photographers, the pictures will all look the same when cropped.

vesso2002

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my z1

from 98% to now batt left 30%
up and running 2d 21h
SOT 3 hours

super impressive!

toffee1878

Reaction score
a phone is always a phone which is to make or answer call as a priority.
a camera is always a camera which is to take photos as a priority.
no phone is perfect, either u live with it or u leave it, everybody has a choice.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good camera or bad camera.

most users are not professional photographers, the pictures will all look the same when cropped.

It is typical of some users to come around this thread and use some old quotes to declare z1 a failure without proper justification.

Many users can comment that something is bad, but only the comment from someone who can show how bad is it, is worthy of debate.

Otherwise, it is all subjective chatter. :D

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the camera needs to increase contrast to make the photos pop, the current default settings are too flat.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a phone is always a phone which is to make or answer call as a priority.
a camera is always a camera which is to take photos as a priority.
no phone is perfect, either u live with it or u leave it, everybody has a choice.

We dont know how many comments are from z1 users and how many from other phone users.

Some of them are just subjective comments, echoing from fans of other camps.

cr4shh

Reaction score
It is typical of some users to come around this thread and use some old quotes to declare z1 a failure without proper justification.

Many users can comment that something is bad, but only the comment from someone who can show how bad is it, is worthy of debate.

Otherwise, it is all subjective chatter. :D

lol. u seem to quick to jump to sony defence while when ppl like carlover saying "subjective" crap of other brands without similar justification, u dun say anything?

this is a sony discussion forum, not a sony fanboys forum. If you hold such a lofty standard of "passbyers" from other camps, then pls at least hold the similar standard on ur fellow members.

Then...maybe...we can have "worthy debate".

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.