Reaction score
Diagnostics is $10.70

Xperia Z1:
PCB (Motherboard): $292.10
LCD: $240.00
Frame: $146.60
Battery: $68.75
Back Cover: $100.00

is this inclusive of labour cost? i feel like changing batt only but if got additional fees involved, not worth it liao..

edit: just called up ask.. so its estimated cost, if change only batt then just add batt cost.

should i go replace the battery or get a new phone??

Last edited:

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means battery dying. Mine was like that too.

I changed the battery for sgd50+ in msia. After that, no such issue.

But they didn't do a good job re-pasting the rear cover. A small part keeps opening . I paste myself also cannot solve it.

I bought a new rear cover and usb cover from AliExpress. Cheap.

easy to change? i ordered battery + adhesive from ebay, forgot go aliexpress to compare price first b4 purchasing.. :s13::s13:

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Diagnostics is $10.70

Xperia Z1:
PCB (Motherboard): $292.10
LCD: $240.00
Frame: $146.60
Battery: $68.75
Back Cover: $100.00

I went to ask at Somerset 313. For my Z1 compact, change of battery is $98.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea where to change battery 🔋 good price? If they open cover to change, will it become less water proof?

Han1707

Reaction score
Any idea where to change battery 🔋 good price? If they open cover to change, will it become less water proof?

Don't trust the water resistant feature anymore. Use to wash my Z3 initially under tap frequently till last 2 months & water seeped into camera lens.. Never drop nor open the flaps for charging nor remove Sim & sd card. So can't figure why water went in??? Used the rice method to remove vapour & dare not wash again..

salik89

Reaction score
Hi HWZ brudders,just curious anyone encounter this before?My Z1 is fully charge and i unplug the charging cable.But to my surprise,my Z1 cannot be power on.So i plug in the charging cable again,but this time the red charging led indicator light is not lit on.I have used the Z1 for 1 years 3 months and the warranty expire last month september 2015.Quite dissapointed with Sony Z1,thought it would be resonable if this Z1 last me for at least 2 years.All feedback and input are welcome,thank you.

This totally sounds like what my Xperia Z1 is experiencing now. Do you get the screen where it states that the battery is overheated and charging will resume once device has been cooled down when plugged into either wall socket/USB? And in the end, did you get it fixed?

qyc_91

Reaction score
Don't trust the water resistant feature anymore. Use to wash my Z3 initially under tap frequently till last 2 months & water seeped into camera lens.. Never drop nor open the flaps for charging nor remove Sim & sd card. So can't figure why water went in??? Used the rice method to remove vapour & dare not wash again..

The water might be due to vapor, just keep your phone at place with room temperature. Last time I went to some slightly warm jacuzzi then followed by cold shower and vapor formed inside. Keeping the environment dry is useful!

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i change it myself.. so far so good after replacing my bloated battery.. :s13::s13:

for waterproof part.. you need to be very careful when pasting the new adhesive sticker, must ensure no gap.

weeza77

Reaction score
Rarely use Z1, last week tried to switch on and a triangle with wrench logo shown.. any idea how to revive the phone back?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.