HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xperia Z1 - One Sony

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #961

Should be LG G2 i guess
But IMHO, LG G2 looks abit fugly at the back with the buttons and all compared to Sony XZ1.
Sometimes aesthetics do make or break a phone.
dudered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #962
Supremacy Member

Z1 has stereo speakers?

I find the speaker to be still soft, though it seems louder than Z. Still undecided.
No, stereo output is for headset. It has only one speaker.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #963

But IMHO, LG G2 looks abit fugly at the back with the buttons and all compared to Sony XZ1.
Sometimes aesthetics do make or break a phone.
I wish for a Z1 with LG screen.
anirudhks and tramie like this.
myhairverypain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #964

I wish for a Z1 with 5S camera.
duffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #965
Supremacy Member

I wish for a Z1 with 5S camera.
What a joke! The photo output from 5S camera is superior with the software tuning and not hardware dependent.

For your info, 5S camera also made by Sony and just a basic lens without low light capability.

Last edited by carlover76; 22-09-2013 at 11:17 AM..
carlover76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #966

What is ur decision???
Am ardent fan of Sony , yet I have decided to go with G2 for now or may postpone buying the phone for a month to see if Z1 gets firmware update.

Likes for Z1:
- Build, IP58
- Android UI, notification toggles looked elegant
- Digital stabilization is on par with OIS, as I was taking snaps of waving hand and the shot came out clear.
- Their stamina mode is the best

Need Improvement :
- Screen contrast ratio
- Camera (manual mode was way better than Superior auto, over exposure.)
- Back gets too hot.

I had tried the Z1 at Wisma atria, Sony shop at J8 and then at Singtel Shop at J8. Went trying from one store to another to convince myself that it is better. Having owned the Z, and also seen its price fall down rapidly at launch, i think it would be good to wait a while before taking a plunge with Z1 and also after the reports of panel lottery. Initially, i brushed it off, but when you look at the contrast ration measured by gsmarena and another wesbite, there seems to a huge disparity.

No doubt it is good and an improvement over the Z, but still given the current situation am more inclined to G2.

What I liked about the G2 was double tap to wakeup, camera and the screen quality. Their UI, notification toggle looked childish. There are lots more, but since this a Z1 thread, I wish to stop here.

In terms of ergonomics, my current Butterfly S is better than both G2 and Z1, for single handed use for an average height person.

Last edited by shahulvm; 22-09-2013 at 11:51 AM..
shahulvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #967

LG Screen is over saturated.

She also talked about triluminos display
DoraemonBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #968

LG Screen is over saturated.

She also talked about triluminos display
I'd take her review with a pinch of salt. Any Sammy user will know that over-saturated complaints are irrelevant because you can set the colours to neutral aka movie mode. And screen burning issue is almost non-existant in real life among users so far. I believe LG will also have some sort of colour mode settings.

But screen aside I must say the Z1 is the nicest looking phone on the market now!
myhairverypain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #969

What a joke! The photo output from 5S camera is superior with the software tuning and not hardware dependent.

For your info, 5S camera also made by Sony and just a basic lens without low light capability.
The software is part of the equation, that's self explanatory. I haven't seen a digital camera without any piece of software.
duffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #970

Sorry the only "joke" is your knowledge. The "basic lens" has a large aperture, and the most important part is the SENSOR which is made by Sony using backside illuminated circuitry and a large pixel size. This makes a huge difference.
shadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #971
Supremacy Member

Sorry the only "joke" is your knowledge. The "basic lens" has a large aperture, and the most important part is the SENSOR which is made by Sony using backside illuminated circuitry and a large pixel size. This makes a huge difference.
Oh, then it is a "joke" for your ignorance and jump to conclusion that you justify my knowledge about the SENSOR and large pixel size.

As I have mention that the camera lens provided to Samsung or Apple are just a basic lens without the "Back-Illuminated" CMOS Image Sensor and not Backside Illuminated.

Sony Global - News Releases - Sony Develops "Exmor RS," the World's First*1 Stacked CMOS Image Sensor
Old 22-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #972
Supremacy Member

Many have queue up in Taiwan as Sony giveaway the attachable lens together with the Xperia Z1.

Check out the video below :

xgwei, Asphodeli and DeadmanINC like this.
Old 22-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #973
Arch-Supremacy Member

aisey,

Z1 sold so well in Taiwan...

Well done Sony mobile
DeadmanINC likes this.
Old 22-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #974
Supremacy Member

aisey,

Z1 sold so well in Taiwan...

Well done Sony mobile
Wont expect same for local market, some dont even know Sony makes phones.
Old 22-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #975
Supremacy Member

To be technically correct, Z1 will take better photos than 5s, in the hands of professional photographer.

A high-end dslr will not even take good photos in the hands of an amateur.
Blitzy, carlover76 and kei1309 like this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.