Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xperia Z5 Premium - World's first 4K display smartphone

Like Tree252Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #46

Thanks. This one worked
spiez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #47

Hmmm.. wonder if we will get Z5p in dual sim version as well... wonder... wonder... wonder...
toffee1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:01 AM   #48
Supremacy Member

Really? But they still make the bravia tvs which means they should be able to make their own screens
To be accurate, Sony is involved in a joint venture with Toshiba and Hitachi to make LCD displays under a company named Japan Display Inc.

So a good guess will be that majority of the displays for Sony products comes from JDI.

However, I did not find the product information regarding that Z5 premium display from JDI website.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:06 AM   #49
Supremacy Member

Hmmm.. wonder if we will get Z5p in dual sim version as well... wonder... wonder... wonder...
Not optimistic for Sony SG.

Usually we see more of the dual sim models in countries like China and Hong Kong, or Malaysia if we are in luck.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:04 AM   #50

The Z5p dual exist but no news from Sony SG..
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony-phones-7.php

Not optimistic for Sony SG.

Usually we see more of the dual sim models in countries like China and Hong Kong, or Malaysia if we are in luck.
toffee1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #51
High Supremacy Member

I've always felt that Sony is spreading themselves too thinly, spending too much resources unnecessarily by releasing a wide range of products.

They don't even have the market share to justify for their diversification.

I mean - I don't wish to use apple and Samsung to compare - rival companies have a huge market share, apple only has a few models and they've got the sales figures. Samsung has many models, but they have global sales figures too.

Sony has been in the red for years and have only a small fraction of the market share, but year after year, they release so many phone models, from low end to mid tier to high end phones..... And now.... The much adored Z flagship comes in 3 variations?!! Why?! Why oh why is there a need to have Z premium, Z and Z compact when you already have M, C, etc etc....

Cos the more models you sell, the more costs are involved. More man hours are spent. More money put into R&D, market sampling, manufacturing, marketing and promotions, etc etc....

You can only sell so many phones. I do not think that by releasing more models and variations, they are able to sell more phones or capture a bigger market share.

Am I wrong here? Any thoughts? Or I am the only one who wishes to see these Japs make some profits for once? I wonder what their business model is like.

Last edited by bigbadber; 07-09-2015 at 02:27 AM..
bigbadber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 AM   #52
Master Member

they should spend more on marketing here.
they supply camera lens to other manufacturer with good quality pics taken yet the pics taken on their own xperia phones are not as good, if not ,standard improved abit only.

Samsung can afford to spend much more on marketing
and with their many preloaded in-house bloatware in order to utilize fully as a smartphone,which compromise the battery too. but people like it for its versatility despite the battery starts to cui in a year or even, months. and their camera always get better.

good in a way Sony is not as popular. makes us unique in the crowd.
my ATB ex felt I was crazy to pay $700 for a Sony phone, give her she also don't want. she's an iPhone and Samsung user anyway.
I have no idea why iPhone can get so much saLes despite they are released once yearly, since 2007. with poor battery performance. only 6 plus has okay to decent battery life. consumers also do not mind charging it twice daily.

LG ,best performance in processor speed yet price drops the fastest.
HTC, best audio quality with premium built and good stereo speakers.
Sony, best battery (2nd to Sharp) with nice premium made design. decent camera.

Sharp, no official distributor here. thinnest bezels (highest screen ratio) with best battery.

by the way, the event is only for Z5 model it seems.

Last edited by jazzman80; 07-09-2015 at 06:29 AM..
jazzman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #53

I think its premium rather than z5
spiez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #54
Master Member

When is Z5 hitting our shores? I hope there is an improved dac on Z5 as compare with Z3
ruffruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #55
High Supremacy Member

Quite like the placement of the finger print scanner. The only question: how good is the camera? Not sure about the new iPhone camera but i hope Z5 camera will not be a disappointment.

kopi22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #56
Supremacy Member

When is Z5 hitting our shores? I hope there is an improved dac on Z5 as compare with Z3
Z5 and Z5 Compact scheduled for Oct release, Z5 Premium in November.
hush66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

I guess we'll need to have a hands-on comparison to see if the 4K display is really what it's made out to be:

Don't be fooled by Sony's 4K smartphone; it's 100% hype
hush66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #58
Supremacy Member

I've always felt that Sony is spreading themselves too thinly, spending too much resources unnecessarily by releasing a wide range of products.

They don't even have the market share to justify for their diversification.

I mean - I don't wish to use apple and Samsung to compare - rival companies have a huge market share, apple only has a few models and they've got the sales figures. Samsung has many models, but they have global sales figures too.

Sony has been in the red for years and have only a small fraction of the market share, but year after year, they release so many phone models, from low end to mid tier to high end phones..... And now.... The much adored Z flagship comes in 3 variations?!! Why?! Why oh why is there a need to have Z premium, Z and Z compact when you already have M, C, etc etc....

Cos the more models you sell, the more costs are involved. More man hours are spent. More money put into R&D, market sampling, manufacturing, marketing and promotions, etc etc....

You can only sell so many phones. I do not think that by releasing more models and variations, they are able to sell more phones or capture a bigger market share.

Am I wrong here? Any thoughts? Or I am the only one who wishes to see these Japs make some profits for once? I wonder what their business model is like.
Sony is making profit with PS4 and camera sensors.

Maybe you mean the mobile division is not making much profit.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #59
Supremacy Member

Z5 and Z5 Compact scheduled for Oct release, Z5 Premium in November.
Z5P release - neck long long...
Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #60
Great Supremacy Member

i m getting Z5P during my recontract next yr
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.