Official Xperia Z Thread

1-wind

Reaction score
After owning this phone for two years and 4 months, I think my battery is dying while playing clash of clans and the battery drains faster than the charger can charge it.

Any idea where I can get it replaced with original battery or whether i should get the M5 instead?

The Sony Service Center is charging $69.90 for the battery itself. Not sure if there are additional labor costs.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Sony Service Center is charging $69.90 for the battery itself. Not sure if there are additional labor costs.

Oh ok maybe its worth buying the m4 aqua dual from adix82 shoppee shop at 375 cause its dual sim.

I didn't get M4 aqua because none of the places (all only have 8gb) except Adix carry the 16 gb version of M4 aqua. This i view as a downgrade from my xperia z which is 16gb.

I asked on facebook yesterday whether Sony Mobile Singapore would be bringing the M5 32 Gb dual sim version in but they said they had no plans to.

I am lazy to change sim and I even broke the sim tray holder once for xperia z. paid 8.95 to replace it at sony service centre and i had to leave my phone at somerset 313 too.

Sim tray design on sony is fragile and its a disaster if going overseas.

Bought a few on taobao to standby.

My current Z is dying but I am still trying to stretch its use because there is zero resale value. cosmetically its cr a p . indicator sticker fell off at the usb port. usb port cover has been replaced twice by parts on taobao. only nano sim with a noosy sim adapter (adapter is glued onto the sim tray holder works now). stick a regular micro sim in and the phone will say no sim found.

Battery replacement on ifixit looks difficult not to mention getting the parts from taobao could be hazardous and blow up in my face or while charging etc.

I am still using the old M1 Iphone value 12 gb 3g plan btw. Never have to worry about data and only costs 42 a month. hoping for 4th telco to announce more value plans for around this price range a month.

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Not worth to replace ur battery at Sony's price.

I changed my battery in JB for RM130 last year. U can go ang mo kio hub, hdb area, got hp shops there. My fren changed his battery for $60 total.

I dunno how is their workmanship. As for my Z1, the rear cover kept popping out after I changed my battery. I even bought a new cover from China website to replace it. But it's still popping out and not as tight as factory sealed.

Eventually I sold my Z1 to some ah beng hp shop.

Ur Z probably can't fetch more than $100. Old model, slow chip, low ram, old camera.

Better u invest money in a newer model like M5. Or Z3, which is selling for $500+ now (far east shops)

As for ur spoilt Z, u can contact Jimmy. I heard he takes in spoilt phones.

Also, check out telco's prices for Z3 now. Its cheap!

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I changed my battery in JB for RM130 last year. U can go ang mo kio hub, hdb area, got hp shops there. My fren changed his battery for $60 total.

I dunno how is their workmanship. As for my Z1, the rear cover kept popping out after I changed my battery. I even bought a new cover from China website to replace it. But it's still popping out and not as tight as factory sealed.

Ur Z probably can't fetch more than $100. Old model, slow chip, low ram, old camera.

Better u invest money in a newer model like M5. Or Z3, which is selling for $500+ now (far east shops)

think i will wait for m5 then my main concern is singapore sony don't want to bring or cannot bring the dual sim version of their phones in.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just recently saw on one phone shop's website that they are taking in used Xperia Z for $130.. but i presume it's gotta be in good condition

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
I just recently saw on one phone shop's website that they are taking in used Xperia Z for $130.. but i presume it's gotta be in good condition

Yes. Tip top condition.

Also read their fine prints.

Some shops will note down terms and conditions on their website, it'll say like they'll need the box, charger, usb wire..... Or if u're not buying their phone, then they'll give u $20 lesser etc...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any comments after your upgrade? I cannot seem to find any reviews online so far.

My Z is really dying le, dunno why also. Sometimes a few apps will keep crashing no matter how i click on it (eg whatsapp or facebook). Then the phone will auto shutdown. When i turn on the phone, the whatsapp will say its corrupted and i am required to restore the messages... :'(

My exchange email, it doesnt allow me to go into the inbox. I have tried to do factory reset le, but it doesnt help. My Z is still on 4.4.4 though, not sure if its because for firmware...

Any remedies from u guys?

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Any comments after your upgrade? I cannot seem to find any reviews online so far.

My Z is really dying le, dunno why also. Sometimes a few apps will keep crashing no matter how i click on it (eg whatsapp or facebook). Then the phone will auto shutdown. When i turn on the phone, the whatsapp will say its corrupted and i am required to restore the messages... :'(

My exchange email, it doesnt allow me to go into the inbox. I have tried to do factory reset le, but it doesnt help. My Z is still on 4.4.4 though, not sure if its because for firmware...

Any remedies from u guys?
Do a factory reset when got major update. If not wrong u need to update to 5.0.2 then 5.1.1

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do a factory reset when got major update. If not wrong u need to update to 5.0.2 then 5.1.1

There's no real need to upgrade to 5.0.2 first. But yes, a factory reset is recommended such major upgrades. In fact, I'll reset before the upgrade, and then once more after the upgrade. =:p

viperx

Reaction score
There's no real need to upgrade to 5.0.2 first. But yes, a factory reset is recommended such major upgrades. In fact, I'll reset before the upgrade, and then once more after the upgrade. =:p

Agree with the factory reset. So far for all the upgrades, I have done factory reset. But for this latest upgrade, I skipped it but phone is still working smoothly, no lags, no crashes.. But i'm using a pre-rooted rom from xda contributor

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score

JaaonLim

Reaction score
Problems with Sony Xperia Z3

Hi All Bros,

Can check whether anyone has encountered problems with Sony z3?

Mine was spoilt and sent for repair 4 times within 6 months of purchase.

although has warranty but no phone to use.

So angry....

Jaaon

viperx

Reaction score
Hi All Bros,

Can check whether anyone has encountered problems with Sony z3?

Mine was spoilt and sent for repair 4 times within 6 months of purchase.

although has warranty but no phone to use.

So angry....

Jaaon

What kind of problems? Nvr use z3 b4. My Z was working fine throughout my 2yrs plus of ownership. I tot z3 is one of the better build ones within the z series?

NubbyCat

Reaction score
My Xperia Z3 phone screen just cracked due to dropping it onto CARPET flooring lol.. Now upper half screen can't even detect anything.

Will be going down to Somerset to see if I can get any repair or whatsoever done. Warranty still available till February. But most likely I'll be charged for the repair service so......

Anyone know where I can find a cheap and reliable place to repair/replace the front LCD screen of my Xperia Z3? Would really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.