Xperia Z Ultra

buayax

Reaction score
sianz. my screen also cracked. put inside pocket, take out see cracked maciam spiderweb. glass screen protector ok.

anyone knows where i can replace the screen? sony quote me $400+

TIA

clearsky7

Reaction score
sianz. my screen also cracked. put inside pocket, take out see cracked maciam spiderweb. glass screen protector ok.

anyone knows where i can replace the screen? sony quote me $400+

TIA

The display is made up of two layers. The touchscreen digitizer(cheaper) and the inner LCD display(expensive). If you see cracks, but the display colors are not distorted or partially blacked out/discolored, means only the outer layer touchscreen is cracked. Anyway, can go ask around those Ah beng hp shops. they may have the spare part and and fix it. If the LCD also cracked, then it's better to just get a new phone.
Since sony quote you $400+, I assume your LCD also cui liao. So it's not worth doing repair.

buayax

Reaction score
Display still ok. incoming sms still pop up using chomp sms. just that touchscreen is not responsive.

But i read from many places that the 2 layers are built so close that they'll need to replace both?

clearsky7

Reaction score
Display still ok. incoming sms still pop up using chomp sms. just that touchscreen is not responsive.

But i read from many places that the 2 layers are built so close that they'll need to replace both?

They are glued together. But can be separated, though not easy. Normally when you try to separate them, the touchscreen will most likely crack. But since your touchscreen already crack, it shouldn't be an issue.
If you are sure that the display LCD is still good, then your phone is still valuable. The sparepart for touchscreen is only about $30 if order online.
Like I said, ask around the HP shops that does repair. Some should have the right tools to do it.

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score

teh price of teh screen ish actually quite exp
pls do to refer to teh display price
u gotta click teh link and select teh screen then can see the actual price

sony xl39h

clearsky7

Reaction score
4XX...........abit regret to sell.. one of my favorite phone but still the phone is too huge for me...:(

I see, I also thinking of selling, that's why I asked how much you fetched for yours. Although it's quite easily my favourite phone of all time, the display is quite disappointing when watching videos. The blacks are too deep, making darker scenes very hard to see. Even my Xiaomi Redmi looks much better.
But after getting so used to the large screen, it's very hard to settle for anything less. It's a shame Sony don't make a Z Ultra 2.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, I also thinking of selling, that's why I asked how much you fetched for yours. Although it's quite easily my favourite phone of all time, the display is quite disappointing when watching videos. The blacks are too deep, making darker scenes very hard to see. Even my Xiaomi Redmi looks much better.
But after getting so used to the large screen, it's very hard to settle for anything less. It's a shame Sony don't make a Z Ultra 2.

u can play around with the display setting got contrast setting also... i play 4k or full hd video xperia z ultra is the best of all the phones include note 3, xiaomi mi3.. trust me the sony tri and x reality engine is really good.

Any recently suddenly so many crack screens ... very scary

clearsky7

Reaction score
u can play around with the display setting got contrast setting also... i play 4k or full hd video xperia z ultra is the best of all the phones include note 3, xiaomi mi3.. trust me the sony tri and x reality engine is really good.

Any recently suddenly so many crack screens ... very scary

Maybe it's a matter of opinion, and I dunno much about the technicals. But I see what I see. When a person wears a black shirt in a video, the Z Ultra shows a complete homogeneous deep black shirt, whereas on the Xiaomi, I could clearly see the crease and folds on the shirt. Sure the Z Ultra's colours are strong, sharp and rich, but I feel it's not as natural.
I don't see the display settings having much to tweak.Is there a contrast setting? I don't find it on the phone, some 3rd party app? Maybe that can improve things.

buayax

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Clearsky7 and Ralphel.

I might just bring it down to some shops to replace the screen. Dare not take the risk of doing it myself. Just worried its no longer waterproof after replacement.

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
juz went to collect moi XZU @ sony funan tis evening

boy teh box ish bigger than wat it used to be
but no extra freebies :x

tis is wat it used to be

SonyXperiaZUltra-1.JPG

tis is wat moi juz collected

Lboyma1.jpg

comes with MH750 ear piece

VxaHJav.jpg

oh btw there's a casing in teh box too
which ish probably why teh box ish shoo big

Last edited:

chowchow77

Master Member
Reaction score
Collecting my set from funan now.
Is there a newbie to Sony z ultra website for me to deep dive into?

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the battery life? Screen on time? Looking at the battery like not v impressive ...

chowchow77

Master Member
Reaction score
Anywhere can buy the charger dock in sg? Also i see the official guidebook online for sale.. worth to buy?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.