HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(*High Risk Investing) CFDS Explained - Beginner's Guide To Contracts For Difference in Singapore

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #76

deduct from free equity on gap down
I'm sorry. Please provide example. Thanks. I'm noob
neolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #77

Is CIMB CFD Regular Trading Hour only ? My order wasn't entertained in post-market matching.
HulaHoop likes this.
neolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #78
Supremacy Member

Some questions i'm hoping to answer, copy pasting my questions from another thread.

I understand that there are commission charges for each trade that you make and financing costs for the shares when you long and margin calls etc.

what i don't understand are:
  1. why do you get a dividend? and why do you get to participate in stock actions? From my understanding if you trade via CFD, You do don't own the stock and are simply trading on the price movement correct?
  2. How does the counterparty make money other than the Commission/Financing charges from overnight/margins calls? Is it enough to pay off their losses?
  3. for e.g you short noble at $1.00 and it goes down to $0.10 in one day, does the broker pay you out? wouldn't they make a huge loss if this occurs? where does the money come from?
  4. Why do they pay you a daily financing fee on your short CFD? it doesn't make sense because technically you're not giving them an asset and they're giving you free money for taking the risk for the short, which you will profit from if it goes south, it looks like needless upside
  5. Does the broker always take the counterparty position? I.e. you sell a CFD (taking a short positon), does the Broker have the choice to accept it? or will it ALWAYS accept the other position?

Thank you, it's so confusing for a newbie investor.
roflolmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #79

I would like to ask if only CDP accounts can do CFD? Standard chartered trading account which investors holds a custodian account cannot do CFD right?
13luetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #80
Master Member

Which CFD provider are you guys using? Any clear winner in terms of cost?
Tornesoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:46 AM   #81

Some questions i'm hoping to answer, copy pasting my questions from another thread.

I understand that there are commission charges for each trade that you make and financing costs for the shares when you long and margin calls etc.

what i don't understand are:
  1. why do you get a dividend? and why do you get to participate in stock actions? From my understanding if you trade via CFD, You do don't own the stock and are simply trading on the price movement correct?
  2. How does the counterparty make money other than the Commission/Financing charges from overnight/margins calls? Is it enough to pay off their losses?
  3. for e.g you short noble at $1.00 and it goes down to $0.10 in one day, does the broker pay you out? wouldn't they make a huge loss if this occurs? where does the money come from?
  4. Why do they pay you a daily financing fee on your short CFD? it doesn't make sense because technically you're not giving them an asset and they're giving you free money for taking the risk for the short, which you will profit from if it goes south, it looks like needless upside
  5. Does the broker always take the counterparty position? I.e. you sell a CFD (taking a short positon), does the Broker have the choice to accept it? or will it ALWAYS accept the other position?

Thank you, it's so confusing for a newbie investor.
Why do you need to know all these if you are a newbie investor? You just need to know which stock is good. All these are technical information, you don't need to know.
sulpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.