*Official* Colex Holdings

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
As it stands, Singapore's only landfill on Pulau Semakau is expected to run out of space by 2035, and is under tremendous strain, said the NEA. Last year, the Republic disposed of 8,284 tonnes of waste a day - enough to fill 16 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

After 2035, how sia? :eek:

But NEA webby wrote in 2015 "2035 and beyond" ?

Semakau

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Unfortunately we did not cultivate the recycling habit. Even with the bins, it ended up as rubbish bins and you see people digging for containers or newspapers etc.

Shall read up on Taiwan's success when I am free. Their recycling is very detailed. Even for a simple coffee packet wrapper, they also can differentiate which type can recycle and which type cant

Apothecary

Reaction score
Picked this up in Colex annual report:

At Colex, we emphasized the importance of continued innovation and we share a common aim not only to provide good customer service but to exceed customers’ expectation. The fall in oil price has resulted in the reduction of diesel cost for the trucks and therefore has also bolstered the overall profitability.

The Material Recovery Facilities has been in operation for the full year of 2015. The revenue remains stable and it has had some positive impact on the overall bottom line as the recyclables after being sorted has reduced the waste stream. This has resulted in some savings on the disposal fees for the waste disposed at the incinerator.

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we did not cultivate the recycling habit. Even with the bins, it ended up as rubbish bins and you see people digging for containers or newspapers etc.

Shall read up on Taiwan's success when I am free. Their recycling is very detailed. Even for a simple coffee packet wrapper, they also can differentiate which type can recycle and which type cant

Yea went to taiwan for holiday even simple roadside dessert stall also have a system for customers to throw foodwaste, rinse the bowl and throw the bowl. If implement in sg now u can expect an almost public backlash by pampered sinkies

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Yea went to taiwan for holiday even simple roadside dessert stall also have a system for customers to throw foodwaste, rinse the bowl and throw the bowl. If implement in sg now u can expect an almost public backlash by pampered sinkies

In SG, the return-your-own-tray also not many people are doing it, needless to say about other ideas :s22:

Culture problem I guess

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
This stock seems to be creeping upwards slowly...Hmm

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I want to buy Colex cause they collect trash from my saf camp then I do duty always help them open trash centre knn

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So that one can buy or sell at the price one wants when they need to.

Singtel is a highly liquid counter now trading at $3.9

I wan to buy at $1. Can or not? cannot right?

dont be hard up over liquidity (unless you are a big fund manager) :o

Tooi Kono Machi De

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking at this. Not very familiar with this industry but I like the idea of recycling business and do agree that this has potential in the future.

Just wanna check what price most bros here vested at?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.