Keppel Infrastructure Trust *Official* (SGX: A7RU)

sdexxxxd

Reaction score
Since the crystal trust has been delist, may I know how can I get back my money? Thanks.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since the crystal trust has been delist, may I know how can I get back my money? Thanks.
Do you all read those announcements from SGX? They also mail the whole document to you. Crystal Trust has been converted to Keppel Infrastructure Trust Units.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you all read those announcements from SGX? They also mail the whole document to you. Crystal Trust has been converted to Keppel Infrastructure Trust Units.

Think he is a sleeping investor and maybe he use SCB which don't send much documents. Just a simple letter.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTH Credit Suisse initiate coverage for this...

■ Initiate coverage with OUTPERFORM
With assets valued at more than S$4 bn in the power generation, gas retailing, electricity transmission, water and wastewater treatment, and waste management segments, we believe that Keppel Infrastructure Trust has visible cash flows, potential organic and inorganic growth opportunities, as well as an attractive dividend yield.

■ Defensive play on infrastructure spending
Created through the combination of Keppel Infrastructure Trust and Cityspring Infrastructure Trust, as well as the acquisition of a 51% stake in Keppel Merlimau Cogen, the enlarged Keppel Infrastructure Trust is the largest Singapore infrastructurefocused business trust. Most of its assets are backed by long-term concession agreements of between 9.5 and 20 years with government-linked entities, providing good visibility to its near-term distributable cash flow.

■ Growth drivers from recovery in Basslink and potential acquisitions
Inorganic growth may come from acquisitions from Sponsor Keppel Infrastructure or third parties. Its 0.40x net gearing implies about S$805 mn debt headroom assuming a 50% leverage. In addition, there could be potential upside to distributable cash flow from the review of Basslink Commercial Risk Sharing Agreement (CRSM) in 2Q16.

http://singaporestockmarketnews.blogspot.sg/2015/08/keppel-infrastructure-trust-in.html

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Silently crept upwards from 45 cents to 53 cents over 1 month...something/someone at play?

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is more than 7.5% at my buy price :) Will keep long term for some passive income

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dividend declared! $0.0093 for 4Q2015...this year's yield is insane, 11% at current price?! If you include the 4Q2015 dividend, it's 13.6%?!

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm my bad, historical yield for CIT and KIT is about 6 to 7%. So it's not an insane 2x of dividend yield increase.

satayxp

Banned
Reaction score
Dividend declared! $0.0093 for 4Q2015...this year's yield is insane, 11% at current price?! If you include the 4Q2015 dividend, it's 13.6%?!

mai luan luan pom reh.. u cannot count lidat
u shld annualise the current dpu n get the estd yield

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lazy to calculate leh haha...for me my yield for FY2015 is 12.6% based on my entry price from 2013...

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Using this article
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/dividend-yield-definitions-sec-vs-ttm.html

What you are referring to is
Forward Dividend Yield / Projected Dividend Yield correct?

But some counters pay more first or pay less first then follow up with the opposite so it's not effective to annualise current dpu...

I prefer using Trailing 12 Month (TTM) Yield. I think it's the more common method too.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read some research report on this
The expected fy16 yield is 8%

Possible...their gearing is down (relative to CitySpring's books, after merger) and they're on the lookout for acquisitions. Probably they have to expand overseas liao to hit 8% DPU.

Last edited:

RexxarLoh

Reaction score
I not sure how others calculated. But for me myself I take the entry price as the base and total up all the dividends I received on that year to calculate the annual % return. I know some methods use the current share price but I think this is a general gauge.

RexxarLoh

Reaction score
Now the question is will the business continue to perform in the future? Because one thing I fear is the high debt the KIT has. I bought it because it is indirectly owned by the boss of our land. I hope they will greatly reduce their debt in the next 3-5 years while continue to give us dividend. =D

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm... if u dun like high debt then better avoid utilities stocks

generally utilities stocks have gearing of 60% or higher, this is because they cash flow is very predictable

so they dont mind borrowing cheap to push for higher net yields

whats the gearing for KIT like? the debt over asset

Net gearing 34%....Net debt/EBITA 6.1X

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.