*Official* MasterLeong Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in general those who want to play stocks.. even for blue chips, be prepared to see 30-50% paper losses at some point

like in 2007-08 GFC

a lot of people 5%-10% paper losses cannot tahan liao

many like to panic and sell off in bear market like how many sold off this year

thats why only invest money u can afford to lose

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
I dont want to mention names but quite a number of ssi warriors sold off their stocks when sti fell to 2700 and 2500 level this year
Dunno if they managed to board back or not, but most are left missing put on the recovery from 2500 to 2900 level now

Timmus

Reaction score
Oil news already priced in
I believe oil will find balance in the force at $50-60 range in the mid term
Full year earnings for KC likely down 40-50%
Dividends likely be half of what was paid in 2015

KC is a counter for fifo not for dividends

Thank You ML for the insight...( Appreciates with heartfelt gratitude )

Also, JuzMobile for the materials on OIL vs rates ( grealty appreciated, with thanks)

Master Leong, May I know your logic for holding CDG ? I did some calculations and the annual dividends contributes only 3.62% ( hope i did not miscalculate ), unless it is for pending equity increase.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be precise, invest money you don't need in the near future. I don't think anyone here except the BBs can afford to lose all their investment :o

ok la when i say afford to lose its like u lose liao wont affect ur lifestyle much

eg u lose 10% of ur stock value= cant make payments = no go

but if lose 50% of ur stock value, ok lah eat lesser restaurant lor

ish ok

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
Thank You ML for the insight...( Appreciates with heartfelt gratitude )

Also, JuzMobile for the materials on OIL vs rates ( grealty appreciated, with thanks)

Master Leong, May I know your logic for holding CDG ? I did some calculations and the annual dividends contributes only 3.62% ( hope i did not miscalculate ), unless it is for pending equity increase.

CDG i treat it more as a growth stock like the 3 banks

all the dividends is low at 3-4% only, but I expect them to grow earnings at 5-10% annually

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
maybe can also hoot the 4th telco on asx

their numbers are so good, what a growth stock telcos can be in the right market

no wonder TPG bid so high and so confident to enter SG market

2po38fc.png

Coolio89

Reaction score
Hi MasterLeong,

Newbie here. Wondering which brokerage account do you use for your trading? Any recommendations?

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
Hi MasterLeong,

Newbie here. Wondering which brokerage account do you use for your trading? Any recommendations?

I using iOCBC

all the 3 local brokerage houses are fine... I try to support the local banks hahaha because I am vested in all 3 local banks too

Coolio89

Reaction score
After reading through the thread, noted that a fairly substantial amount of capital is needed to start investing in stocks. Any advice for small fry like me on investing approach?
TIA

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
$$$ for investment should be money that can be put aside and never touched again until retirement

similiar to how we park our $$ into cpf and never touch it again

MasterLeong

Banned
Reaction score
U.S. stocks climbed Thursday, with the main benchmarks hovering near all-time highs as investors adjusted to the Federal Reserve’s plan for a faster path of interest-rate increases in 2017.

On Wednesday, the U.S. central bank lifted its key short-term rate to a range of 0.5% to 0.75%, from the previous 0.25% to 0.5%. It is also now planning three rate hikes in 2017, compared with the two hikes it had previously mapped out.

After a pullback following the decision, stock-market indexes resumed their postelection march higher. The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.49% was up 109 points, or 0.6%, to 19,901, less than 100 points away from the psychologically important 20,000 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.